What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If there was an NFL strike (1 Viewer)

If there were Replacement Players

• I'd keep playing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd put my league(s) on hold

• It all depends on the type of league

• Total voters

Dope

Footballguy
So today the owners voted 32-0 to opt out of the current CBA.

PFT came up with an interesting take, that I didn't think about:

AN ARGUMENT AGAINST REPLACEMENTS

Though some believe that there would never be another true work stoppage in the NFL because the owners would immediately use replacement players, and that we’d all continue to root for the colors and logos that we’ve rooted for regardless of the names of the players wearing them, we’ve realized that there’s a huge difference between 1987 and 2008.

Fantasy football.

The popularity that the NFL now enjoys isn’t solely the result of millions of Americans (and a growing number of folks from other countries) rooting for laundry, as Billy Crystal has described the free agency phenomenon in baseball.

Fans who obsess over having two quarterbacks without the same bye week and reduced touches for featured backs who come out in goal-line situations will want the players from their fantasy teams to continue to be on the field. And if they aren’t, the options will be to slap together new groups of unknown players on the fly . . . or pay no attention to the NFL until the players from their fantasy teams are back on the field.
Now, I'm in 4 leagues...3 of 'em dynasty/keepers, the other a redraft.I'd probably vote to put everything on hold in all my leagues, but I'm curious as to the rest of you guys.

What do you guys think

Hopefully there wouldn't be replacement players, they'd simply delay the season until they got back on track, week 17 would be around February, the Super Bowl in March, the draft soon after that, and our off-season would be short and sweet.

I think it'd be great to have replacement players. I'd love to organize a quickie draft of replacement players in my keeper league:

"OK, I'll take......Tony Graziani!"

"Nice, does it bother you he hasn't thrown the ball farther than 20 yards in 5 years?"

"Dude, you just took Lawrence Phillips...."

"Well, yeah, but only as a handcuff to William Green!"

"Handcuff is right....."

Users who are viewing this thread