What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If there's any lesson about managing an IDP team... (1 Viewer)

Darko M

Footballguy
It has to be ride a player through the ups and downs, because when you try to sub players in and out all season you're likely to miss all of their huge games.

<<< Lost yesterday subbing my week 1-6 DB for a waiver wire safety I thought would have a good game. The pick-up put up 8 points and the guy I benched had 14. I lost the game by 3 points. :towelwave:

Honestly, it's tough seeing players in your starting lineup put up duds but good players always have good games. When you sub players in and out it's almost impossible to time when their huge games are and it makes you team weaker. A guy may be averaging 14 ppg, but if you miss 2 of his huge games then his average is likely around 6 ppg while he's in your starting lineup.

Cliff notes: Keep your main IDPs in your starting lineup ALL season.

It happens... more times than not I pick the better match up, but it does happen on occasion. I guess that's why I like IDP, I find which Def guy is going to produce more of a challenge then who on offense will. If the match up in not good, I'll bench anyone on defense if I have a much better match up. We start 3 DL/3 DB/ 3 LBs - the only guy I haven't benched (besides the bye) is Justin Tuck on my team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, too, that we have a tendency to focus on the lineup failures and not the successes. Ask yourself how many you nailed. Hell, I pulled Dewayne White out at the last moment Sunday and subbed Gaines Adams--bad move! But, I nailed my right wide receivers, linebackers, and running backs. I started to beat myself up over White when I remembered what I did right. It still eats at me that I lost those points, but you have to be realistic and keep plugging away. You shoot for 100% right, of course, but I would guess that 75% or so (assuming you have talent on the roster) should be enough to win consistently.

Go, man, go and good luck the rest of the season!

The worst is when you plug in your stud player for 7 straight weeks and he has no weeks that i would classify above 'mediocre'.

I'm looking at you Urlacher.

Users who are viewing this thread