What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were only able to have Joe Flacco or Phillip Rivers as your QB (1 Viewer)

Breesisdaman

Footballguy
Rivers did some tasty work against the Texans stout defense and Flacco has lost too many weapons and has more of a running type offense. Is there something else in this equation that I am over looking? Answer? Rivers

Agree disagree and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? This isn't about who I am starting. I am Starting Pryor. Who do you think will be the Better QB this year of the two?Or in that bottom tier?

If I had to pick between Rivers and Flacco for week one I would look for another hobby. But my guess is Rivers will be down more often, and throw for more yards.

Rivers did some tasty work against the Texans stout defense and Flacco has lost too many weapons and has more of a running type offense. Is there something else in this equation that I am over looking? Answer? Rivers

Agree disagree and why?
Not really, Rivers was gift-wrapped his first Touchdown. In the 2nd Half, the Texans scored 24 unanswered points.

Rivers was sitting on the lead, it was pathetic. Give me Joe Flacco all day, he can hit someone deep assuming there's separation and he has a track record of success.

Are we talking Fantasy? Still, I'm going with Flacco. Neither defense is anything special and once Flacco finds the guy he's going to have chemistry with, it will be money.

Well there are deep leagues you know. What I had in mind was a continuation of this thread but the bottom tier never was really addressed

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=689611
I play in a 12 team league that runs pretty deep. In my opinion, neither are ideal options and both lack a true #1 Receiver. Eddie Royal got hot last night, but then the Texans took him out of the game.

Flacco throws a much better deep ball and I expect at least 6 - 8 Touchdowns from that combination alone. Dallas Clark had a terrible game of drops BUT generally was getting open. If he can shake that off as Week 1 rust, that might provide Flacco with an outlet of production.

Really starting to wonder WHY the Ravens traded Boldin?

EDIT: Well, he is kind of a ######## in the locker.

Users who are viewing this thread