What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm benching Ray Rice for.... (1 Viewer)

Project Mayhem

Footballguy
Against the stout Steeler D, I am most likely benching Rice for either Snelling, Hightower or Forsett. Anyone else sitting him down this week?

Ray Rice will not be benched. He leads the team in rushing and I believe he is second in receiving targets.

ETA: starting him with confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, not in this week, and not in weeks 13, 14, 15 or 16.

That's one I never bother thinking about; the most consistent player in my lineup. Actually, the most consistent in all 3 of my lineups, but I only own him in one.

Julius Jones and Michael Turner are both likely back and will probably start. Hightower is you best other bet and Wells has been getting the goalline work so in non-ppr I would still start Ray Rice because he has the better chance of scoring than all others IMO.

Julius Jones and Michael Turner are both likely back and will probably start. Hightower is you best other bet and Wells has been getting the goalline work so in non-ppr I would still start Ray Rice because he has the better chance of scoring than all others IMO.
:football: Michael Turner .....dont count on it

If Turner and Jones start, that makes the decison much easier. But both are likely to be GTD's and I really like Snelling's chances this week against a bad team.

Maybe this line will help you....

@ MIN 77 rush yards 2 TDS and 10 Recs for 117

Good Luck wiith your decision.

I should clarify, my league is non-ppr. If it was PPR, it's a no-brainer
This shouldn't matter. Rice is a threat to get at least 60 yards rushing and 60 yards receiving against any team. You could do a lot worse than that even in a non-PPR league. Now if the idiot coaches would only stop 'testing" McGahee near the goal line................. :thumbup:

Why on earth would you sit Rice for some of those scrubs? Seriously.
Well, right now both Bloom and Dodds have Forsett ranked higher than Rice this week. Also, Bloom like Snelling over Rice. Things could change as the week goes on, but it's a legit dilemma right now. Although I guess just for me..

I should clarify, my league is non-ppr. If it was PPR, it's a no-brainer
This shouldn't matter. Rice is a threat to get at least 60 yards rushing and 60 yards receiving against any team. You could do a lot worse than that even in a non-PPR league. Now if the idiot coaches would only stop 'testing" McGahee near the goal line................. :hophead:
After McGahee getting multiple stuffs last week, your wish may soon come true.

People tend to overthink things during this time of year. I don't care if the Ravens are playing the '02 Bucs. You don't sit down Ray Rice.

Ray Rice will not be benched. He leads the team in rushing and I believe he is second in receiving targets.ETA: starting him with confidence.
Agreed. If they stop the run all the better those 1 1/2 points per catch will do fine.2nd in targets(6.9 per game) but leading in receptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had thoughts of benching him in favor of Ricky and DeAngelo, but he's been so productive on a weekly basis that I am starting him alongside Ricky. He has oodles of upside regardless of the opponent.

I have considered Jacobs now that Bradshaw is out, but I have a feeling that if I do that, Rice will give us all the Dumb S Award by breaking off 200 combined yards and 2 TD's.

I like Jacobs match up this week, but the Giants have yet to really take advantage of any good match up. Jacobs' Upside is probably only marginally higher than Rices low side. But Rice's Upside is way over Jacobs. Jacobs is banged up, and if the Giants get out early, they may run Ware into the ground.

With that said, I will take my lumps with Rice this week. He's probably less likely to put up a stinker than any other back in the league this season, and if this happens to be the week, then so be it.

I mean I guess if I had C. Johnson and ADP playing above him.. But no he is not being benched for some guys that were just picked up off the waiver wire

In the AFC Championship game last year, McGahee had 20 carries for 60 yards, 2 TD and 2 receptions for 13 yards.

Just saying.

Well, right now both Bloom and Dodds have Forsett ranked higher than Rice this week. Also, Bloom likes Snelling over Rice. Things could change as the week goes on, but it's a legit dilemma right now. Although I guess just for me..
Anyone care to respond to this?
I'm sorry this thread did not provide you with much validation for your indecision. Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving. :popcorn:

I checked my lineup this morning, saw the matchup and thought about it for 5-6 seconds. Then I came to my senses.

(JStewart, Moreno & Slaton on the pine.)

Considered benching him for Colston in my RB/WR slot,but decided not to. Rice is too consistent. His performances at MIN and CIN demonstrated that he can get his even against tough defenses. PIT's definitely a step above both (by 0.4 ypc), but I think he'll still produce in the passing game. Heck, he has more targets than Colston on the year.

Well, right now both Bloom and Dodds have Forsett ranked higher than Rice this week. Also, Bloom likes Snelling over Rice. Things could change as the week goes on, but it's a legit dilemma right now. Although I guess just for me..
So? Do you always let others make decisions for you?

So? Do you always let others make decisions for you?
No, but I respect their opinions, as do most of the people here. So when they make a statement like that, I add it into my decision making process. I suggest you do the same, it's quite helpful.

I'm starting Ricky vs. the Bills over Rice in PPR. Don't think that's too much of a stretch given how the Bills fare vs. the run and Ricky's role now that Brown is on IR.

Users who are viewing this thread