What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Johnny Manziel over ___________ (1 Viewer)

Considering putting him in over Tannehill. Worried about the NE matchup, but also worried that JF could actually look like rookie QB on his first start in the NFL.

I am starting him over Romo and Rivers. I don't like either of their match ups and both are battling injuries that have them playing < 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in four matchups and I own him in all four. The two where I'm already an underdog I'm playing him over Ryan and Wilson. I'm sitting him for Wilson where I'm even or a slight favorite and siting him for Sanchez where I'm favored.

Nick Foles.

Manziel can't see over the linemen. He has good instincts and a strong arm, but to me it's a strong bit of Doug Flutie here.

Nick Foles.

Manziel can't see over the linemen. He has good instincts and a strong arm, but to me it's a strong bit of Doug Flutie here.
Brees and Wilson must have xray vision.

I'm going Johnny football over Andersen. Kaperdick and cam were my and all year so my team hasn't depended on a qb yet!

Cam since he got into that car accident, and matt ryan now that Julio is out.
My opponent is starting him over Matt Ryan
I'm in four matchups and I own him in all four. The two where I'm already an underdog I'm playing him over Ryan and Wilson. I'm sitting him for Wilson where I'm even or a slight favorite and siting him for Sanchez where I'm favored.
Even with JJ out I have a hard time going with Manziel over Ryan. Ryan still has Roddy, who's been playing well lately, and Douglas, who's filled in capably for JJ in the past. Ryan plays well at home, faces a PIT D you can pass on, and has been playing good QB the last few weeks. ATL will be passing; they're not a running team. Meanwhile, Yes, Manziel can run but we've seen little of him other than preseason and part of one game. If it wasn't the FF playoffs maybe.

I would consider starting Manziel over guys like Kaep, Bridgewater, Orton, Eli, Dalton, and McCown.

So far it's a good thing I "diversified my portfolio." Only one teams season flushed down the toilet so far...

No sympathy for anyone who started a rookie in his first start in the playoffs.
When you lose Newton in a 14 teamer and nothing left some of us had no choice my friend. Decisions between bad an worse at this point.
Derek Anderson wasn't available?
Sure was. No excuses I played him. Was even ranked 10th here on myFBG based on my scoring system and Anderson was 26th. Again, no great options and seeing rankings I thought it was right call.

Hmmm. Not sure which is the bigger surprise -- that Anderson was only ranked 26th (considering that he had a solid game in his last start, against the same Tampa team), or that Manziel was actually ranked in the top-10.

Hmmm. Not sure which is the bigger surprise -- that Anderson was only ranked 26th (considering that he had a solid game in his last start, against the same Tampa team), or that Manziel was actually ranked in the top-10.
FBG have been drinking the Manziel Kool Aid all year.

cjv123 said:
He has good instincts and a strong arm
You can't possibly have watched that game. His popgun arm was the direct cause of any number of Cleveland disasters. Every week he happens to start, he will be trotting out the worst arm in the NFL by quite some margin. The velocity on his multiple picks wasn't just poor -- it was laughable.

Manziel has garbage mechanics, unlike Brees and Wilson who throw beautiful passes. Manziel throws off his back feet at times. He's not only short, he has very poor mechanics and doesn't have an absolute cannon for an arm as Brees and Wilson do. The people who keep making these comparisons despite being able to watch Manziel are morons.

cjv123 said:
You can't possibly have watched that game. His popgun arm was the direct cause of any number of Cleveland disasters. Every week he happens to start, he will be trotting out the worst arm in the NFL by quite some margin. The velocity on his multiple picks wasn't just poor -- it was laughable.
Quote my entire take, dude.

Loved watching him stink it up every step of the way. Egomaniac does not have the talent to even be on a roster in the NFL.

cjv123 said:
Yeah cause the dropped passes and tipped balls all had to do with his completion rate. Nevermind the laughable offense the offensive coordinator called :rolleyes:

cjv123 said:
Yeah cause the dropped passes and tipped balls all had to do with his completion rate. Nevermind the laughable offense the offensive coordinator called :rolleyes:
There's not a lot of intelligence on the Manziel detractor side right now. Just a bunch of irrational haters. Best not to get sucked into their game imo.

pretty much a verbatim post from Tebow threads circa 2011. I don't think Tebow was ever shut out, though.

I admit I bought the hype and started Manziel over Anderson. I felt Anderson was a safer start with higher floor but wanted the upside. What a mistake. Luckily Dez saved my ###

the leaked patriots scouting report from early in offseason had all of the warning signs. below average athlete that wins over everyone he meets, teammates will go to war for him, but hates to practice, never went to class, never went to meetings, never watched film, never worked out, left college barely knowing half the playbook. comes from oil money, already has fame, could walk away from the game tomorrow and not care, will have to drag him to work.

pretty funny that all he had to do was text the browns during the draft "you guys should take me, we could wreck the league" and they instantly trade up for him smh. id love to see him succeed since the nfl doesnt need another blaine gabbert but man he looked absolutely horrible today, and thats coming from a guy that watches the redskins every week.

Users who are viewing this thread