What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Moreno over ____________________ (1 Viewer)

You're more confident than I am... I'd play Brown.

I'm starting him - over Ballard and Dwyer (though one or both of those guys could end up in the 2 flex spots my league uses).

PPR League over Bryce BrownStill deciding between Moreno, G. Jennings or Sproles in another league.
wow, have the same choice with brown/moreno.sat brown lastweek because of all the talk about dallas' 11 man front, yada, yada and now hearing the same about the bucs dreaded run d, but man, not sure i want to be fooled again.

PPR League over Bryce BrownStill deciding between Moreno, G. Jennings or Sproles in another league.
wow, have the same choice with brown/moreno.sat brown lastweek because of all the talk about dallas' 11 man front, yada, yada and now hearing the same about the bucs dreaded run d, but man, not sure i want to be fooled again.
Yeah I may change it back to Brown, but I like Peyton Manning on the road against a bad team to get a big lead and get the touches for Moreno. TB isn't that bad and I think if they shut down Brown the Eagles will continue to foldThe Sproles/Jennings/Moreno choice is the harder one for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't decide. Every player I've used on Thursday night's this year has been a fantasy disaster. Right now I'm starting him over Alex Green but that could change before tomorrow night.

I can't decide. Every player I've used on Thursday night's this year has been a fantasy disaster. Right now I'm starting him over Alex Green but that could change before tomorrow night.
Good point, it would be interesting to find a RB/QB splits in Thursday night games, maybe the run games produce better.

Not that I have a horse in this race, but I'll chime in and say TNF has probably scarred me for life from a fantasy standpoint. What an absolute debacle it was for me this year.

Yeah I may change it back to Brown, but I like Peyton Manning on the road against a bad team to get a big lead and get the touches for Moreno. TB isn't that bad and I think if they shut down Brown the Eagles will continue to foldThe Sproles/Jennings/Moreno choice is the harder one for me...
my thinking to that was if they got a big lead would they play hillman more to see how he does?

Good point, it would be interesting to find a RB/QB splits in Thursday night games, maybe the run games produce better.
I think it's a toss up. I remember Martin and Peterson running all over their respective opponents. I remember Mathews and Charles ####ting the bed versus each other.There was a thread titled "Black Friday" that had splits over the course of a couple years I believe. The sample size was pretty small though. Let me see if I can find it..ETA: I can't find the exact post I'm looking for but if memory serves me correct Greg Russell posted Monday, Sunday and Thursday night splits in one of those threads.

Not counting Thanksgiving, 5-100 yard rushers on TNF, 135 Gore/Martin is the highest. Everyone else was 111 or lower.

5/26 teams produced a 100-yard back.

I'm starting him in the Flex. Over Beanie, Fitzgerald and probably D. Alexander. Raiders Defense is horribad. They have a combined score of 6 points on the SEASON in my fantasy league. Moreno has gotten exactly 24 touches in each of the last 2 games. I'll take those numbers vs Da Raiders. Plus, Moreno was stopped just short at the 1 yard line early in the game vs Tampa, missing the rushing TD. It would go to an o-lineman on the very next play. Thanks, Peyton.

I'm scared of the whole Thursday Night Football debacle taking place this year...I'm considering starting Dwyer over Moreno,with the thought that Dwyer's value could go up if Big Ben is back as expected

1 League over Mikel Leshoure.. (the other RB I'm playing is Chris Johnson)

Another I'm not sure what I'm doing yet of the following 4 an need to play 2.

Trent Richardson

C.J. Spiller

DeMarco Murray

Knowshon Moreno

As of now I have Spiller and Trich in.. (but I really just don't know yet here)

Starting Moreno over Ben Jarvius Green Elis and McFadden. Not the great options you all have . Not sure I would start Moreno over Marin or Brown etc but next level guys like Green Elis and Leshoure etc I would.

The Raiders have got to be TNF kryptonite though.

If Moreno gets 18 carries, and he should, then the rest takes care of itself.

I can't decide. Every player I've used on Thursday night's this year has been a fantasy disaster.
This, the only thursday player i'm starting with confidence is Broncos Defense.I refuse to watch one minute of thursday night football due to the overall terrible play that we get every single week

I think with Manning at the helm and his receiving corps, Moreno is a must-start against this terrible Raiders D. TNF game or not.

Mine probably doesn't count cuz I'm starting Moreno @ FLEX (my RBs are Rice & Martin) over 2 WRs (Steve Smith & Josh Gordon). This is a .5 PPR league

PPR league...I was about to bench Forte for him (have Richardson starting). I just think Moreno is the safer play due to his opponent, Forte's injury risk, and the presence of Michael Bush.

But then I decided to bench Eric Decker (my flex) instead and roll with all 3 RB's.

So basically...I'd consider Moreno over Forte, and definitely over Decker since Decker has been horse crap for 4 weeks.

D Alexander (bad matchup), Crabtree, Matthews, Dwyer, and Maclin (great matchup). Flex spot, no PPR for RB.

Going back and forth with DX though. If it wasn't a Thursday night game I would definately start Moreno tonight but like others I have been burned multiple times by TNF.

Benching Moreno in favor of these guys (start 2 RB, 1 RB/WR/TE flex) - Alfred Morris, Steven Jackson, and BJGE

Although I love having football to watch on Thursday nights, I hate the idea of TNF. The shortened weeks definitely have an effect on on everything from game plan to the players energy level on short rest and is simply there for revenue for the NFL. As far as fantasy production is concerned, let's keep in mind that although it's a shortened week, big picture is that Moreno will be the most fresh player on the field having not been active until 2 weeks ago.

That being said, I wish I was as fortunate as some of you with my options at RB. For me, he is a must start strictly because I'm lacking much depth but even if I did have some of the bigger name options, I'd feel confident starting Moreno this week in confidence either way.

'Gottabesweet said:
Not counting Thanksgiving, 5-100 yard rushers on TNF, 135 Gore/Martin is the highest. Everyone else was 111 or lower.5/26 teams produced a 100-yard back.
26 teams? There have been 22 TNF games, if you discount the Thanksgiving games. :confused: That being said, I don't understand why you'd discount the Thanksgiving games. If the argument is that Thursday games disrupt the normal week, don't allow teams to adequately game-plan for an opponent, don't allow players to recuperate, etc; then those same factors apply to Thanksgiving games. If the argument is just "players fare poorly on TNF, except for Thanksgiving," then it's just coincidence, and has no more validity than the Madden Curse.Furthermore, it would be more useful, IMO, to look at fantasy points scored by RBs in those games, rather than just rushing yards, since we are considering their FF value in this thread.Including the Thanksgiving games, there have been 28 teams play on Thursday (some teams may have played more than once, I didn't check that). Of those 28 teams, 13 have had their main rusher (for that game) score less than 10 FP (assuming standard scoring, non-PPR). At least twice, that was due, at least in part, to injury: week 2-Forte got hurt & week 6-both Mendenhall AND Redman got hurt. Forte finished with 8 FP in week 2 (Bush got 5.4), and the 3rd string RB in Pitt scored 8.5 FP in week 6, so I think it's safe to assume that barring those injuries, we could have had 17/28(61%) RBs in Thursday games score 10+ FP. If you consider 10 FP "adequate," than you are likely to get that from a RB on TNF, based on this season's history.You also need to consider opponent, but that would take more time. Obviously, a RB facing Oakland on TNF is going to have an easier time than one facing TB. But, it doesn't seem like TNF is an automatic downgrade for RBs.That being said, I'm deciding between Moreno, Greene, Cobb, and G Jennings (I have to start 3, with at least 1 WR), and I'm not sure who I'm going to sit.

I love the matchup and want to get him in my lineup. Am considering over either Bryce or Bradshaw, but Bryce is too hot to sit right now. Bradshaw has a sweet matchup also and looked good on MNF, so am having difficulty pulling the trigger.

I love the matchup and want to get him in my lineup. Am considering over either Bryce or Bradshaw, but Bryce is too hot to sit right now. Bradshaw has a sweet matchup also and looked good on MNF, so am having difficulty pulling the trigger.
wooooof thats a tough one

In PPR League, I'm starting Moreno over: Alfred Morris, Danario Alexander, Reggie Bush and Ty Hilton.

Currently over Mathews, SJax, and Leshoure. Really figuring I'll stick with him through the playoffs, as I feel like I can trust him more than the others (Leshoure being a possible exception). On that team, it's the one spot where I just want a player who won't screw it up.

i have to choose between Moreno and Myers for my flex

i'm leaning Myers because it is PPR

Gotta pick a RB from Moreno @ OAK, Dwyer vs. SD, and Ballard vs. TEN. Before Ballard's circumstances changed, this was easy for me, but now...

Still have 2 flex spots to decide as well, so could plug another RB in on or both of those, but I have good WR options as well.

Think I'm leaning:

Moreno

Ballard

Dwyer

in that order... but I'm not sure.

This was in the Denver Post yesterday - I'd say it looks good for the Denver Run game

Yes, the Broncos are darn near a complete team. They have, in the opinion of many across the NFL landscape, a Super Bowl-caliber quarterback in Peyton Manning.

In Demaryius Thomas, Manning has a top 5 receiver, in my opinion.

The consensus locally is the Broncos have a Super Bowl-caliber defense thanks in large part to difference-maker Von Miller.

I also think Britton Colquitt is a terrific punter and returner Trindon Holliday, along with the likes of David Bruton, the Broncos have Super Bowl-caliber special teams units.

The one area where the Broncos are short, though, is in the running game. It’s hard to run when Peyton Manning is throwing 8-yard passes to the high post all game, but I do wonder if Manning needs to dial back his passing game down the stretch. Put an emphasis on the running game because there may be one playoff game in the cold of January when the Broncos will need to run to advance.

Right now, the Broncos rank No. 22 in rushing even though they’re playing against nickel defenses.

“I know that’s certainly something that coach Fox and [offensive coordinator) Coach (Mike) McCoy emphasized (Tuesday),'' Manning said. "That is something that we feel like we have to be able to do and do better. Especially as potential weather approaches, that run game is something you want to have clicking on all cylinders. I know the offensive line hears that challenge, as do the backs and everybody. Everybody is involved. It's me getting us in the right plays and everybody doing their job to give [RB] Knowshon [Moreno] and those guys a chance to get some positive yards. I believe that is something that is going to be a point of emphasis down the stretch.”

hmmm interesting...

edit: I'll be starting him over Ballard, Dwyer, and DMC.

With your options I'd have no problem benching Moreno tonight and simply keeping him off someone elses roster as you'd rather him do well on your bench that vs You.I'm trying to decide between Moreno, Dwyer, G Jennings and DX in non ppr on a critical game for me.Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread