What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Impact on Orton with Moreno Out (1 Viewer)

Maybe you'll see more slants and short passes to Royal. But Indy's pass defense is tough, so they may have been planning to do that anyway.

Less of a chance for a big screen play as Moreno has a better chance of taking a screen 50+ yards than Buck does.

Other than that ... no change.

Less of a chance for a big screen play as Moreno has a better chance of taking a screen 50+ yards than Buck does.Other than that ... no change.
:goodposting: Buckhalter has the skills and savvy to be a 4.0+ yards per carry back, but his top gear isn't there anymore IMO. However, if they feed him the ball 25 times then he'll have a decent day. I don't like mystery injuries at all - seriously concerned about Moreno's 2010 short-term prospects. May be a groin/hernia issue that was being covered up by the team... sports hernias are notoriously hard to treat without surgery. Just a total guess, but given the sudden breaking news I'm assuming that the injury was an issue all along, but now has flared up to the extent it can't be covered up any more.

Denver has to keep Indy off the field as much as possible. If they can't run the ball, they have to rely on short and intermediate passes to move the chains. I can see the Colts going up 14-0 early and the Broncos will be forced to abandon the running game.

sounds like it doesn't really make much difference because Moreno isn't bad, but not great either.

you're right, Denver may not have much of a run game this weekend with or without Moreno if Indy goes ahead early. Only way Denver can win is if they feed the ball early and keep Indy off the field.

Yep, I have Orton as one of my QB's (2 qb league) and also D. Thomas and Royal. I'm going to start all 3 with this news.

I hope you all keep in mind what happened on Monday night when Indy knew the Giants were going to pass the ball. I don't know if this really helps the Broncos passing game.

I hope you all keep in mind what happened on Monday night when Indy knew the Giants were going to pass the ball. I don't know if this really helps the Broncos passing game.
Diehl couldn't deal.. that's why eli manning had no chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver is at home so I don't see them getting blown out like the Giants did. Plus they will be playing with very high emotions following the tragedy.

rizzler said:
Mooks77 said:
Diehl couldn't deal.. that's why eli manning had no chance.
Mathis was also causing problems and the right side of Denver's line is hurting. My only point is that just because Denver wants to pass the ball more due to Moreno's injury; that doesn't mean they are going to be able to do it against this pass rush.

Denver is at home so I don't see them getting blown out like the Giants did. Plus they will be playing with very high emotions following the tragedy.
I think it has a negative impact on the team given that it was a suicide. It'll be tough to the team to get 'up' for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread