What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

This has a ways to go obviously and a lot will happen between now and the Draft BUT FA will tell the tale. I personally think this class of QBs isn't really very good at all and reminds me of the Alex Smith year. Same issue - wasn't really worthy of top pick, coming out of Utah, a system guy who could run and stayed in shotgun through college but was a winner. Took him a while to get going and SF took him more on need than because they loved the kid. That being said, I think that Winston has Pro Ready Tools more than Mariotta but with good coaching, Mariotta has a higher ceiling. I believe the hiring of Koetter at OC is telling and expect Winston over Mariotta at #1. The thing is, you HOPE you don't draft from that spot often, but when you do, you take a QB, especially if you need one to build around.

I like going OL in the next few rounds but they are cutting bait with Collins and wouldn't be surprised if Mankins went too. They need to fix their OL in FA as well as draft. My thing is I am really tired of the underachieving DL and pass rush. Claybourne has been an absolute bust and needs to be let go as UFA. McCoy keeps holding down the fort by himself and while he is good, he could be dominant with others around him. We need pass rusher(s) to put pressure on QBs and help our average secondary. I still believe Verner will bounce back.

Have had thoughts of them taking a pass rushers at the top then Cardinale Jones (if he came out at 2) but that is probably silly. I think if they don't love these 2 QBs, someone will and we can move them for a nice package which must include a #1 in 2015 which seems to have a better QB crop of players coming out than this year.

I won't argue that Claiborne is a bust, but he showed some good stuff his rookie season, but has been plagued by injuries. Someone (possibly radio or tv) mentioned that he was always on sidelines a d looked to be involved & supportive despite not playing, even in the last few games. This could be an indication he wants to be here next season. They may give him a 1yr vet min deal, which I would be fine with.

I think we will definitely see some new pass rushers, whether through FA or draft. I doubt they bring in another big time DE FA, like JPP, but I bet we see a few mid tier FAs.

Jacqus Smith was a nice find.

I really don't think the D is too far off. I dont see Goldson or Foster being here next season, but they shouldn't be difficult to replace.

Danny Lansanah has also been a nice find.

Adrian Clayborn, Mason Foster, Da'Quan Bowers, Luke Stocker, Oniel Cousins, and Major Wright are our notable FA's.

Over $28M in cap space.

I don't know about light years, but C Jones will declare at 3pm today and that guy looks like Dante Culpepper 2.0 to me. If they took him late, he will need a year or two of solid QB coaching but long term, has a very high ceiling. Cut bait with McCown and turn it over to Glennon for next year possibly. I think Jones even has more pro tools than Mariotta imo.

Adrian Clayborn, Mason Foster, Da'Quan Bowers, Luke Stocker, Oniel Cousins, and Major Wright are our notable FA's.

Over $28M in cap space.
The only guys I would consider bringing back from this group are Foster and Cousins. Clayborn and Bowers can't get out of the building fast enough imo. Stocker is what he was supposed to be when Dominick reached for him and Major Wright parlayed an overachieving secondary in Car, with a great pass rush, into a nice payday. He is average. Both S and SS are areas that need to be addressed this year as well.

They're taking a QB #1. It's fun to speculate on trades, late round fliers, and what not, but it's Winston or Mariota.

They didn't pull that epic tank job to draft a defensive tackle and then keep throwing darts at QB. I posted the list of QB's since the Super Bowl earlier in the thread. That strategy hasn't worked.

I don't know about light years, but C Jones will declare at 3pm today and that guy looks like Dante Culpepper 2.0 to me. If they took him late, he will need a year or two of solid QB coaching but long term, has a very high ceiling. Cut bait with McCown and turn it over to Glennon for next year possibly. I think Jones even has more pro tools than Mariotta imo.
Everything about this is terrible. No offense.

(Especially the Glennon part)

No offense take Cap. I agree. Would be hideous. Thing is we have a penchant for the hideous! I think in the end, it is Winston unless he gets arrested partying with John Football the next few months then it will be Mariotta. We really have no choice just wish this was even last year's crop which I think was very solid at QB.

top_border.jpg
border_1.jpg
border_2.jpg
border_3.jpg
border_4.jpg
border_5.jpg
border_6.jpg

%7Bc66015b7-cda8-4da3-9175-80262fb0f7ae%7D_Member_Header.jpg

Bucs announce 7th-straight year without price increase for Season Pass Memberships
2015 Marked by Exciting Home Slate and First Overall Pick in Draft

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers today announced that the team’s Season Pass Membership prices for 2015 will not increase for the seventh consecutive year. The Buccaneers, who hold the first overall pick in this April’s NFL Draft, will again offer Season Pass Memberships starting as low as $30 per game for adults and $15 for children.

“There is a heightened sense of excitement and anticipation throughout our community as we enter this offseason with the first overall selection in the upcoming NFL Draft. As we build off that excitement, along with a strong lineup of home opponents, we are also pleased to continue providing our season pass members with one of the most affordable gameday experiences in the league for the 2015 season,” said Buccaneers Chief Operating Officer Brian Ford.

Season Pass Members will enjoy an exciting slate of 2015 home opponents as some of the NFL’s most storied franchises such as the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, and New York Giants make visits to Raymond James Stadium.

Season Pass Members will continue receiving substantial savings and benefits, such as flexible, interest-free payment plans; discounted parking, concessions and merchandise; and exclusive access to special events such as training camp and the highly-anticipated Draft Party which will feature the Buccaneers holding the first selection of the night.

A new Season Pass Membership feature for 2015 is the introduction of a custom website that will offer Season Pass Members exclusive content and information relating to their account. Additionally, Members are assigned a dedicated Member Relations Associate who is focused on providing unparalleled customer support and a seamless gameday experience. Over the past two seasons, the Buccaneers have ranked No. 1 in customer service across all NFL teams.
%7B631d75a6-b71e-4c40-a1a7-9e7ee0a6a217%7D_OnSale-footer-01-01.png
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Hot off the press...10+ year Season Ticket holder. At least we are #1 in the draft and in Customer Service!

:lmao: yeah, several people I know who have been season ticket holders for a decade aren't renewing this year either.

Last edited by a moderator:
The excitement usually builds after free agency and the draft, right Cap?

OMG, McCown and the Dunkaneers plus LOVIE?! :championship:

The excitement usually builds after free agency and the draft, right Cap?

OMG, McCown and the Dunkaneers plus LOVIE?! :championship:
Lol. That's how they got me last year. I actually told my ticket rep that if they went 4-12 again that I would put them on call block and they were to never contact me again.

It never occurred to me they could actually only win half of that total.

Raiderfan32904 said:
Quez said:
:lmao: yeah, several people I know who have been season ticket holders for a decade aren't renewing this year either.
Co-worker in my office has had season tickets since the Bucs inaugural season told me he's not renewing for 2015.
I don't get that. If any this would be the year to get in.

I thought it was over after the Rose...but thought wrong.

Now, surely it is. Even Kiper isn't even mentioning him as a possible #1.
Kiper's big board had Mariota smack dab at the top of it yesterday.
Strange...because he was interviewed on Tuesday after the game live...and said Mariota would likely still be Top 10, maybe Top 5...and no chance for #1 since the Bucs were going with Winston.

Raiderfan32904 said:
Quez said:
Co-worker in my office has had season tickets since the Bucs inaugural season told me he's not renewing for 2015.
I don't get that. If any this would be the year to get in.
That's what they said when they drafted Freeman, and then when they got all those FA Schianos 1st year, then when they got Revis, then when they got Lovie, etc.It's not like they are going to all of a sudden have a waiting list. If they show something this year, all you have to do is respond to one of the 50 spam emails they send all season long.

If someone was inclined to spend the money for season tickets, you would probably be just as well off buying individual game tickets. You wouldn't have to waste money on the 2 preseason games, and odds are there are 1-2 home games you wouldn't be able to go to anyways.

Yeah, you may get screwed out of a home playoff ticket, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This year's home schedule is a good season to sell tickets though.

I thought it was over after the Rose...but thought wrong.

Now, surely it is. Even Kiper isn't even mentioning him as a possible #1.
Kiper's big board had Mariota smack dab at the top of it yesterday.
Strange...because he was interviewed on Tuesday after the game live...and said Mariota would likely still be Top 10, maybe Top 5...and no chance for #1 since the Bucs were going with Winston.
He now has Winston #1 and Mariota going #2 to the Titans.

"I'm sure if it does work out that it's a rookie quarterback, somewhere down the line, those things that I learned from (Gabbert), I won't repeat the same mistakes I made last time," Koetter said.

But Koetter will have input on the Bucs' choice of quarterbacks. The most important trait at that position, he said, is processing information quickly.

"Playing quarterback in the NFL, things are coming at you fast and furious and if you can't process information, it's tough to be successful," Koetter said. "Second would be toughness … because when you play quarterback in the NFL, you're going to have to demonstrate toughness on a daily basis and certainly every Sunday. Intelligence, arm strength, accuracy, mobility — those things are important as well. But the ability to process information and make great decisions would be No. 1 on my list."

Scott Reynolds of Pewter Report said that there was "quite the negative buzz about Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota" after Monday night's National Championship Game.

Reynolds says that sources told Pewter Report that, "Mariota proved to be a system guy and that when Oregon trailed 35-20 with 9:44 left in the fourth quarter, the Ducks seemed doomed because their offense kept stalling."

“Want to know how to beat Mariota?” said one NFL talent evaluator. “Get him into second-and-10 and third-and-long. If Oregon doesn’t get yards on first down they seemed destined to punt."
Last year Mariota completed 70% of his passes on 3rd and 7-9 and gained a 1st on 11 of 20 attempts. For comparison, Winston completed 35% and got a 1st on 8 of 23 attempts.

Winston's overall numbers for 2 years - 19/47 (40%) 0 TD, 4 INT, 18 1st (1st down on 38% of passes)

Mariota's overall numbers for 3 years - 37/57 (65%) 4 TD, 2 INT, 30 1st (1st down on 53% of passes)

Scott Reynolds of Pewter Report said that there was "quite the negative buzz about Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota" after Monday night's National Championship Game.

Reynolds says that sources told Pewter Report that, "Mariota proved to be a system guy and that when Oregon trailed 35-20 with 9:44 left in the fourth quarter, the Ducks seemed doomed because their offense kept stalling."

“Want to know how to beat Mariota?” said one NFL talent evaluator. “Get him into second-and-10 and third-and-long. If Oregon doesn’t get yards on first down they seemed destined to punt."
Last year Mariota completed 70% of his passes on 3rd and 7-9 and gained a 1st on 11 of 20 attempts. For comparison, Winston completed 35% and got a 1st on 8 of 23 attempts.

Winston's overall numbers for 2 years - 19/47 (40%) 0 TD, 4 INT, 18 1st (1st down on 38% of passes)

Mariota's overall numbers for 3 years - 37/57 (65%) 4 TD, 2 INT, 30 1st (1st down on 53% of passes)
Interesting numbers. What about coming from behind in games?

cstu said:

Mariota's stats are off the charts in every category. We all know how different the systems were for both players.

Watching MM "struggle" in big games against top competition has taken a lot of the wow factor away from his numbers.

Winston is clearly the better player for right now at the next level. We don't know how Mariota will respond to the NFL, and I don't think the Bucs have time to wait for him.

I hate the idea of taking a low character guy first overall. Odds of this guy being a Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, etc. are already against him.

"Stats are for losers" - Raheem Morris

Rah may not have mumuch of a legacy in Tampa but he left us with that great quote.

I hate the idea of taking a low character guy first overall. Odds of this guy being a Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, etc. are already against him.
I want the best football players. This isn't church.

Dominik and Raheem were all about drafting "team leaders" and college captains. Got them 3-13 and 4-12 and has continued to lead us nowhere.

#### drafting dorks, get me some good football players.

Dominik and Raheem were all about drafting "team leaders" and college captains. Got them 3-13 and 4-12 and has continued to lead us nowhere.

Is Winston a good football player when he's thrown 28 INT's the past two years? Only one successful NFL QB threw more INT's their last two years in college - Matt Ryan (29).

I think Winston could be good but the INT red flag is too much when combined with the character red flags to take him #1.

More than any other position, QB is cerebral. If the guy isn't smart enough to keep his **** together when he's got millions of $$$ on the line, doesn't bode well imo.

More than any other position, QB is cerebral. If the guy isn't smart enough to keep his **** together when he's got millions of $$$ on the line, doesn't bode well imo.

You talking about Winston or Manziel? ;)

I love seeing gus that were once Bucs in the playoffs. Just a reminder how much this organization has sucked at holding onto talent. Zuttah, Blount, Revis, Talib.

This team is run by morons. Glennon has got to be the 1st rookie QB in NFL history to have a 2-1 TD-INT ratio and is sent to the bench. His numbers across the board were better than McCown's. That's a 2nd year player vs a 12-year, going no where, veteran.

This team is run by morons. Glennon has got to be the 1st rookie QB in NFL history to have a 2-1 TD-INT ratio and is sent to the bench. His numbers across the board were better than McCown's. That's a 2nd year player vs a 12-year, going no where, veteran.
If you are going to call others morons, don't quote the most irrelevant stat there is.

Tell me about how great batting averages are in baseball too.

If you are going to call others morons, don't quote the most irrelevant stat there is.

I just started with those stats. I got more.

So the starting of McCown, a journeyman QB, was a better idea than starting the 2nd year QB that performed better than any other 2013 rookie QB (not that that as hard to do). Is that what you are saying? His numbers (other than yardage) his rookie season are slightly less than Andrew Luck's 2nd season. It's always a great idea to bench a rookie QB that actually outperforms the average rookie QB. Yeah, they are morons of the highest degree.

Geno Smith still starts and everyone know he is pure, rotten garbage.

Now explain to all of us why he shouldn't be starting. I'd love to hear it.

I agree on Glennon. They botched that situation. He should have been the starter from day 1 in 2014. He earned that opportunity with what he showed as a rookie. If they would have gotten behind him and supported him I think we would have seen real improvement in his play. If he didn't improve or regressed then you move on, but I don't see the reasoning behind signing McCown to start over him.

However, Lovie wanted "his" guy, so he shunned Glennon, and then was stubborn and loyal to a fault once it was clear McCown had no business starting for an NFL team. They proceeded to compound the mistake by starting McCown again once he returned from injury which also made no sense to me. Then Tedford boofed us completely and the offense was a total cluster the rest of the season anyway.

Glennon will probably end up getting traded for a 4th rounder to become the next former Bucs QB who got away from Tampa only to succeed with another franchise.

I just started with those stats. I got more.So the starting of McCown, a journeyman QB, was a better idea than starting the 2nd year QB that performed better than any other 2013 rookie QB (not that that as hard to do). Is that what you are saying? His numbers (other than yardage) his rookie season are slightly less than Andrew Luck's 2nd season. It's always a great idea to bench a rookie QB that actually outperforms the average rookie QB. Yeah, they are morons of the highest degree.

They probably should have played Glennon over McCown, but to compare anytging he does with Luck is laughable.

Glennon isn't as mobile as McCown, so Lovie was probably doing him a favor by not letting him get destroyed back there.

We have seen Glennon. He isn't spectacular. I think he can be a good QB on a team with a decent line, but the Bucs line is horrible.

I agree on Glennon. They botched that situation. He should have been the starter from day 1 in 2014. He earned that opportunity with what he showed as a rookie. If they would have gotten behind him and supported him I think we would have seen real improvement in his play. If he didn't improve or regressed then you move on, but I don't see the reasoning behind signing McCown to start over him.

However, Lovie wanted "his" guy, so he shunned Glennon, and then was stubborn and loyal to a fault once it was clear McCown had no business starting for an NFL team. They proceeded to compound the mistake by starting McCown again once he returned from injury which also made no sense to me. Then Tedford boofed us completely and the offense was a total cluster the rest of the season anyway.

Glennon will probably end up getting traded for a 4th rounder to become the next former Bucs QB who got away from Tampa only to succeed with another franchise.
This is what I see happening. Someone is going to give the Bucs a late round pick for him and thus the Bucs basically will have traded a 2nd round pick for a late round pick without even knowing if their 2nd rounder has the tools to succeed, even though his numbers indicate he vary well could. Genius.

I just started with those stats. I got more.So the starting of McCown, a journeyman QB, was a better idea than starting the 2nd year QB that performed better than any other 2013 rookie QB (not that that as hard to do). Is that what you are saying? His numbers (other than yardage) his rookie season are slightly less than Andrew Luck's 2nd season. It's always a great idea to bench a rookie QB that actually outperforms the average rookie QB. Yeah, they are morons of the highest degree.

They probably should have played Glennon over McCown, but to compare anytging he does with Luck is laughable.

Glennon isn't as mobile as McCown, so Lovie was probably doing him a favor by not letting him get destroyed back there.

We have seen Glennon. He isn't spectacular. I think he can be a good QB on a team with a decent line, but the Bucs line is horrible.
Never compared him to Luck. I said his stats are slightly less in his rookie year than Luck in his 2nd. Taking it further, after their 1st 16 games Glennon's stats were better.

Luck - 339-627 4374 54% 23TDs 18INTs 76.5 rating

Glennon - 304-514 3278 60% 24TDs 11INTs 83.5 rating

He's not Luck in any way shape or matter but he should be starting in the NFL, especially when there is trash like McCown, Geno, EJ, Manziel, everything in Houston, etc. starting. At a minimum he would be better than Alex Smith who starts in the NFL.

It doesn't matter a whole lot, but Glennon was a 3rd round pick. Your point remains.

I've compared his rookie numbers to Luck's as well. It's a legitimate comparison. Numbers are numbers. Glennon did some really good things as a rookie in a horrible situation, and Lovie/the Bucs basically told him to go kick rocks.

It's a waste of time now though. They'll trade Glennon, draft a QB #1, keep McCown, and continue to lose.

I don't have a lot of time right now but Glennon can't throw the deep out, he can't throw a deep ball, he basically can't do anything a starting-caliber NFL QB can do.

Is he better than McCown? Sure, I guess. They're both terrible and the conversation is now irrelevant.

If you want to see how bad Glennon is, flip on the All-22 of the Browns game this year and see how incompetent he is. He missed open Mike Evans multiple times, and the few times he did see the open man deep he couldn't get the ball to him.

Evans could have had 300 yards that game. One of the worst quarterbacked games I've ever seen. He was benched the next day, deservedly so.

I don't have a lot of time right now but Glennon can't throw the deep out, he can't throw a deep ball, he basically can't do anything a starting-caliber NFL QB can do.

Is he better than McCown? Sure, I guess. They're both terrible and the conversation is now irrelevant.

If you want to see how bad Glennon is, flip on the All-22 of the Browns game this year and see how incompetent he is. He missed open Mike Evans multiple times, and the few times he did see the open man deep he couldn't get the ball to him.

Evans could have had 300 yards that game. One of the worst quarterbacked games I've ever seen. He was benched the next day, deservedly so.
Brady now can't throw the deep out either. There are ways to develop QBs. I'm not saying Glennon would become Brady, but the guy did play well as a rookie and then was shafted. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he went on to start and have some success with another team and the Bucs will get chump change in return because everyone knows they're selling him away at fire-sale prices.

Brady now can't throw the deep out either. There are ways to develop QBs. I'm not saying Glennon would become Brady, but the guy did play well as a rookie and then was shafted. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he went on to start and have some success with another team and the Bucs will get chump change in return because everyone knows they're selling him away at fire-sale prices.
Glennon was quite terrible as a rookie. That could be expected, but then he was worse this past year.

As for mentioning Tom Brady, he's 15 years older and he's Tom Brady. So...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glennon got thrown to the wolves his rookie year. He had nothing but backup reps in camp, then Josh Freeman loses his mind, and after an 0-3 start they give the rookie the keys to an offense with nothing on it but Vincent Jackson. The whole freaking team had MRSA, the Freeman circus was in full swing, there are billboards calling for the firing of the coach, etc.

Glennon just went about his business and managed to win 4 games. He had a fantastic game in Seattle that the defense gave away. He's completing bombs to Tiquan freaking Underwood in Detroit. He outplayed Matt Ryan in a blowout of the Falcons.

I mean, he wasn't amazing in 2013, but he had no intention of doing anything but holding a clipboard all season. He performed admirably considering the situation and earned the right to start in 2014. Other than the completion percentage his numbers were actually better in 2014 with no support from the coaching staff in the off-season and no offensive coordinator. Basically the Bucs just squandered another opportunity to develop a young QB by signing a 35 year old bozo journeyman because he completed a few jump balls against awful defenses.

Maybe we'll all look back on it as the best thing that ever happened to the Bucs because now they have the #1 pick. I hope whoever they take makes me forget how the handled Glennon.

Users who are viewing this thread