What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interviewing Someone in 2 hrs - Need some schtick / questions (1 Viewer)

TheWalkmen

Footballguy
I was asked to interview an external candidate for a position that will not report to me and will be in a different department. The hiring manager asked me to interview the guy even though he's the only candidate and used to work for the hiring manager at a different company so he is getting the job. Any ideas on schticking it up? The guy is 2 years out of college and it's a sales analyst role. He was an accounting major and looks like Jim Parsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
One question you should definitely ask is: "What is the air velocity of an unladen swallow" Gets them every time.

Follow that up with: "If a train was going from Boston to New York at 9 AM traveling 60 MPH and an airplane was going from NY to Boston at 10 AM traveling at 240 MPH, what time would they meet?"

how many ping pong balls would it take to fill up a 747. Asked this question years ago to a fresh out of college canidate - He was silent for a good 45 seconds then said confidently 1 million. Nothing more, nothing less. I laughed a lot.

Would you ever mow another man's lawn?

Literal question, these aren't metaphors.

Would he take a ####### lawnmower to another man's grass?

Word association:

I think you're probably ready for this job. We've got one more psychological test we always do here. It's just a Word Association. I'll throw you out a few words - anything that comes to your mind, just throw back at me, okay? It's kind of an arbitrary thing..

Then start with "Tarbaby"

If you have time LOAD up on terrible gas producing foods. I personally suggest going to Cafe Express and eating like 100 roasted garlic cloves on a salad or similar. Then break horrific chemical weapons grade farts audibly through interview process, preferably in a closed small space as possible during interview. Do not apologize or act like you notice.

how many ping pong balls would it take to fill up a 747. Asked this question years ago to a fresh out of college canidate - He was silent for a good 45 seconds then said confidently 1 million. Nothing more, nothing less. I laughed a lot.
I might close out with this.

Ask him for his daily stock tip.
If you maxed out multiple credit cards, would you classify the outstanding balances in the aggregate as an asset or a liability on your Statement of Net Worth ? Explain, with examples to support your opinion.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is an entry-level position we're talking about here, not shift manager at Walgreens. Cut the kid some slack and save the math.

Ask him if he were to murder anybody how he would do it and how he would dispose of the body. If he asks why tell him you just want to see if he is a team player.

Ask them if they would be interested in a job that earned from $500-1000 per day, let them know that they will be judged not only for their appearance (so get that shirt off) but for their ability to follow directions.

Then unzip your pants and let them know this beast isn't going to handle itself

Tell him about the requirements of posting in the FFA if he works there.

We do definitely need more young people here.

Ask if he surfs the internet at work and then follow-up with that you find to be your biggest pet peeve about productivity.

Ask him if he thinks his skill set jives with the position. Say it over and over again until he corrects you.

Ask him the kind of questions they ask at google like "How many pies are there currently in the NY Metro area?"

:lmao: at these questions!!

Ask him why Rick got beat up by a Doctor last night on the Walking Dead

Get him to ask you how you are doing, then tell him you are exhausted because your parents had their annual lemon party. Then, ask him if he is familiar with lemon parties.

IN all seriousness, you should ask the dog/human question.

I would prep my office with dozens of framed pictures of dogs, dog calendar, dog screen saver and dog paperweight.

Have a dog coffee mug that you sip from often leading up to the question.

If he answers dog, jump up and scream how inhumane he is and that he should be ashamed of himself.

If he answers human, jump up and scream how can he devalue a dogs life so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread