What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is A. Boldin made out of Glass? (1 Viewer)

Ysatnaf_Gnik

Footballguy
I think he is a hell of a WR, when healthy.....What the heck? This guy can;t stay healthy.....He might be tough, but he gets hurt all the time...I'm done with him...

I think he is a hell of a WR, when healthy.....What the heck? This guy can;t stay healthy.....He might be tough, but he gets hurt all the time...I'm done with him...
I'd say most players wouldn't have even attempted to play the last couple games with a high ankle sprain, but Boldin gave it a go. He did well against the Giants, but tweaked the already sprained ankle against the Panthers. Playing someone in fantasy football with an injury that hasn't healed yet is risky.

Toughness is a state of mind. Fragility is a state of body.

Boldin is tough and fragile. Which is nice for him, because it gives him a chance to show off his toughness frequently.

I'd say most players wouldn't have even attempted to play the last couple games with a high ankle sprain, but Boldin gave it a go. He did well against the Giants, but tweaked the already sprained ankle against the Panthers. Playing someone in fantasy football with an injury that hasn't healed yet is risky.
This is exactly my problem. I would rather Boldin sit out for a few weeks, heal properly and then come back like his "old" self than play half injured every week and have 2 rec per game and leave early....this is stupid. He is not helping himself or the Cardinals. And worse yet, he is definitely not helping the one that matters the most here : me! :-)

Who cares if he sucks it up and plays.. I am not an owner of the Cards, I am not the Cards coach, I have him on my FF team. I would much rathen him just sit and let me get someone else then go out there and continue to suck. Today they announced he was near 100% and would be a great start as a WR1. Who were they fooling. 2.3 points is what he got me. I think he got me double digits once this year. Guy is a bust this year.

After returning to play a month following the gruesome injury he absorbed from a cheap shot in last year's game against the Jets, I'm inclined to scoff at the OP's premise. There are many descriptions one could use for Boldin but "made of glass" isn't one that I would feel comfortable using. He's a tough SOB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking that former may help lead to the later.The run into and over them style in which he plays WR leads to more injuries the the "shifty, can't get a clean hit on them" type and playing through injury can, in some cases, exacerbate it.

After returning to play a month following the gruesome injury he absorbed from a cheap shot in last year's game against the Jets, I'm inclined to scoff at the OP's premise. There are many descriptions one could use for Boldin but "made of glass" isn't one that I would feel comfortable using. He's a tough SOB.
I just wish that tough SOB would get healthy instead of playing injured. Do it right or don't do it at all...

Ankle injuries can linger for a whole year until the off-season. As far as his severe injury last year, if that was me they would have had to pickup my head and put it in a sack.

This is exactly my problem. I would rather Boldin sit out for a few weeks, heal properly and then come back like his "old" self than play half injured every week and have 2 rec per game and leave early....this is stupid. He is not helping himself or the Cardinals. And worse yet, he is definitely not helping the one that matters the most here : me! :-)
.wrong, anytime he can get onto the field at 75% he's helping the Cards. i know it hurts anyone who has him in fantasy but for whatever minutes he can give the Cardinals he is helping him.

I'm not sure why it's a problem.So if he's injured..you don't start him. If he's playing injured, and his low performance bothers you so much...then don't start him.I'm a fellow Boldin owner, so I understand. Just remember, YOU can sit him out until he heals properly.

.wrong, anytime he can get onto the field at 75% he's helping the Cards. i know it hurts anyone who has him in fantasy but for whatever minutes he can give the Cardinals he is helping him.
The flip side is that he may only be 50% for the rest of the year if he attempts to play injured, while if he sat for a couple of weeks, he may come back at 100%. He didn't do the team any favors this week by leaving early, they were still in the game in the 3rd quarter.

:pickle: And if he wasn't, the coaches would put someone else in.

Users who are viewing this thread