What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Brady's knee OK? (1 Viewer)

ahill84006

Footballguy
Is Tom Brady's knee OK? I have heard reports from the NE OTA's that he looks good, but we heard the same thing about Palmer a few years ago after his knee was blown out.

Do any of you guys have any information???

All reports have indicated that he showed some initial rust, which is to be expected, but that his arm strength is fine. I don't think there is anything to worry about, but we obviously won't know for absolute certain until he takes the field. And there will be plenty of naysayers until that happens.

ETA: The receivers have actually stated several times that Brady looks "great."

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Tom Brady's knee OK? I have heard reports from the NE OTA's that he looks good, but we heard the same thing about Palmer a few years ago after his knee was blown out. Do any of you guys have any information???
Do you mean will he recover from a knee injury and look great on the field, and then have an elbow injury the season after that? Dunno I can't predict injuries.

Is Tom Brady's knee OK? I have heard reports from the NE OTA's that he looks good, but we heard the same thing about Palmer a few years ago after his knee was blown out. Do any of you guys have any information???
Do you mean will he recover from a knee injury and look great on the field, and then have an elbow injury the season after that? Dunno I can't predict injuries.
Anyone think the elbow injury was a result of not being able to plant on the surgically repaired knee?I don't think you can believe anything coming out of Patriots camp on this, as they're going to say he's fine, he's great, he's amazing. Preseason games, and news from outside reporters will be more accurate IMO.

Anyone think the elbow injury was a result of not being able to plant on the surgically repaired knee?I don't think you can believe anything coming out of Patriots camp on this, as they're going to say he's fine, he's great, he's amazing. Preseason games, and news from outside reporters will be more accurate IMO.
I bet you he dont even play in any preseason games

I wouldnt worry about Brady as long as he can still throw the ball he will be fine.He was never a mobile QB, and the NE O-Line is pretty solid. He also makes fast decisions. So the need for him to run is very limited.If his O-line had some key injuries prior to the start of the season, I'd then be more concerned about this issue. But so far, that has not been the case (unless I've missed something)

I think the fact that they let Cassell leave (without really getting a tremdous haul in return) says that we can beleive the reports that Brady has progressed fine. Without debating what we think of Cassell (I know you don't like him) he did take them to an 11-5 season. I don't think they'd want to take their chances again on another backup doing that if they weren't confident in Brady.Palmer's knee injury was in 2005. He put up over 4,000 in both 2006 and 2007. It doesn't seem likely that the elbow injury three season's later was related, but I guess its possible.

I think the fact that they let Cassell leave (without really getting a tremdous haul in return) says that we can beleive the reports that Brady has progressed fine. Without debating what we think of Cassell (I know you don't like him) he did take them to an 11-5 season. I don't think they'd want to take their chances again on another backup doing that if they weren't confident in Brady.
Cassell was making about 14 million, and they were at the cap at the time of the trade.I'm not saying anything's impossible, but keeping him on the roster would have been very difficult, which is why they only got that second round pick everybody was crying about.

1st, Palmer's elbow was contact, not overuse, or misuse.

2nd, I know Brady is going to be fine, and I think 38 TDs sounds about right.

How do I know this? Because I am not lucky enough for him to be damaged goods.

....He was never a mobile QB, and the NE O-Line is pretty solid. He also makes fast decisions. So the need for him to run is very limited....
Mobile - no, but he moved around inside the pocket better than anyone else currently playing. So, being able to use the knee easily is still important to his game.But, ESPN's "injury expert" Stephania Bell says that "he's better than ever" (whatever that means) - so take that for what's its worth.

Without debating what we think of Cassell (I know you don't like him) he did take them to an 11-5 season.
Yeah from a previous 16-0 season.
The point wasn't about how good or how bad Cassell is/was - its that by letting him walk after he was able to keep the team afloat indicates that they must be confident that Brady will be fine. I'm sure they have playoff expectations and couldn't relaitsicall expect their third string QB to take them there.

Without debating what we think of Cassell (I know you don't like him) he did take them to an 11-5 season.
Yeah from a previous 16-0 season.
The point wasn't about how good or how bad Cassell is/was - its that by letting him walk after he was able to keep the team afloat indicates that they must be confident that Brady will be fine. I'm sure they have playoff expectations and couldn't relaitsicall expect their third string QB to take them there.
O'Connell is simply 3rd string because he was drafted more recently, while Cassel had already been in the system --- doesn't mean he's so much worse than Cassel.O'Connell was taken in round 3, while Cassell went in round 7, if that means anything.Cassel was simply traded because of contract reasons, but I have complete faith in Brady's knee this year.

I think Brady will be fine.

The reason they traded Cassel was that his value was at it's highest and enormous confidence in the system. O'Connell has the right coaches to be able to come in and play.

And the idea of Palmer busting his elbow because of a knee injury is a slippery, slippery slope.

I think (and hope) that he will be ok, but I'd like to see him thorw a little in a preseason game or two just to make sure. I'm not sure the patriots will let that happen, though. I'm just bracing for the Week 1 'Will Brady play or not?' chess game that NE will play. As stingy as they are about medical information, they can get a lot of miles out of that one.

I remember Palmer being uneasy with defenders around his legs. The problem in the beginning I thought was he couldn't concentrate with defenders around him. He didn't trust the knee or his blockers for more than a few seconds.

Brady has a better line and Welker to go to for quick throws.

draft his back up and if the knee goes out take the brady owner for a key player or keep him and laugh all the way to the bank.

I remember Palmer being uneasy with defenders around his legs. The problem in the beginning I thought was he couldn't concentrate with defenders around him. He didn't trust the knee or his blockers for more than a few seconds. Brady has a better line and Welker to go to for quick throws.
Yep, I remember that as well. It's not that he performed poorly, but he probably could have been a lot better if he wasn't clearly over-protecting himself.

Users who are viewing this thread