What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Draft Dominator done this year? (1 Viewer)

skinsrule05

Footballguy
I have used it the app the last two years.  I went to get it this year and the reviews are horrible (iOs).  All of the recent reviews have said it crashes and loses league data.  I went to see what was being said on the App forum and it is shut down.  Has this program become outdated and they aren't putting resources to it anymore?

I was using it in a league of mine that has 8 hours per pick so our draft takes at least a week to finish.  My PC restarted at home while I was working, and when I reopened it the league data was a mess.  The draft picks were still there and so were the keepers I had entered, but the team names cannot be fixed from what I've been able to find yet.  I'm still using it because it's more of a tool to track value using VBD for me.

I was using it in a league of mine that has 8 hours per pick so our draft takes at least a week to finish.  My PC restarted at home while I was working, and when I reopened it the league data was a mess.  The draft picks were still there and so were the keepers I had entered, but the team names cannot be fixed from what I've been able to find yet.  I'm still using it because it's more of a tool to track value using VBD for me.
Ugh, that's a big problem.  I can't imagine showing up draft day w/ DD on my phone and all data is screwed up.  I would have to go back to doing everything from memory.

Ugh, that's a big problem.  I can't imagine showing up draft day w/ DD on my phone and all data is screwed up.  I would have to go back to doing everything from memory.
THIS.

Currently having problems with this when trying to sync data between my iPhone and iPad so far - not happy thus far and hope this gets fixed before my draft.

I did get it because I got an email from FBGs that the bugs had been fixed. It supposedly downloaded my league data from last year but it didn't bring:

- the full scoring system. There was some random point values for short TDs (ex 3pts for a rushing TD under 10 yds)

- names of the other teams in my league. It just had Team 1, 2...

This was on my iPad. I updated everything so it is good to go. Then I put the app on my iPhone. It brought in my league info but missing all of the above. I'm not sure why it doesn't sync especially since it did that so well last year. 

I had a similar problem. I spent a lot of time having to manually input league info into it for my main league, which is a deep roster auction format. The app did maintain the keeper info, but every freakin' time I closed the app and then reopened it, the team names and were gone as well as some of the league settings.

I said "screw it" because who has time to re-input data every freakin' time you open the app? Not a good look at all.

Not to mention I couldn't even get the app to open on one of my laptops.

Draft Dominator Classic works reasonably well, and I like all the functions it possesses, but FBG's has basically given the DDC users a big FU by refusing to implement fixes and capabilities that its users have been clamoring for for years.

It's irritating as hell to have DDC run stable and reliable but NOT be able break out safeties from corner backs but then have the DD app not run reliably but have IDP's will full break out capabilities.

But I keep paying each year regardless, so I guess it's kinda my fault for subsidizing my own shoddy service.

And I too found no way to import league info from MFL. I could import most all of our league info using the MFL Import program with DDC.

I try and give small businesses a chance and reward entrepreneurs, but at some point if they aren't getting it right, or won't be responsive to customer needs, you gotta pull your support and put those dollars elsewhere, even if it's just back in you wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread