What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is ebonics acceptable in academic and professional life? (1 Viewer)

In other words, devolving. :lol:

Seriously, I think everyone 25 and younger honestly doesn't care if they misuse "you're / your" and the like.  

Basically it's hip to look dumb.
signed - every old man ever
exactly... we're not exactly speaking Shakespearan English over here anymore.  In fact we speak Anglongics... you only find it acceptable because it's white people breaking the rules. 

timschochet said:
And it will be the main story on Hannity in a few days, and make the rounds on all the conservative talk shows...

Good thing O' Reilly's no longer on the air or we'd have endure the "War on English". 
This war was fought during each Bush-era State of the Union address.  English lost.

Reg Lllama of Brixton said:
I love these articles/threads.

Some lower-tier  "professor" somewhere comes up with a goofy idea and people get all worked up over it.
It's even worse.  My reading of the article is that this was a undergrad working on a project for college.

I love these articles/threads.

Some lower-tier  "professor" somewhere comes up with a goofy idea and people get all worked up over it.
Yep.  "Oh, no! ####stick University offers a class in feminist paramilitary tactics to be used only against men! The twelve people who take that class for a reason other than getting laid or an easy A will be destroyed forever!"

OH FFS.   It's been like 3 years since the zombie plague hit or whatever, right?
Didn't you watch a show that was just the back story on a Coke commercial for like 7 years?

Users who are viewing this thread