What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Ellis a first name? (1 Viewer)

Is Ellis a first name?

• Yes, I've met someone named Ellis

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Yes, because anything can be a first name

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.3%

• Total voters
My wife and I are expecting our third child any day now, but we can't decide on a name. She really likes Ellis, but I contend that it is not a first name. We already used the "last name as a first name" thing with our second child (Hendrix Simon; called Henry for short).

Help.
Since you already named one child Hendrix, why don't you name the other Prince, Ellington, Jackson or King. Stay the course. Thousand points of light and all that.
I'd go with Mitchell and Redding.

My wife and I are expecting our third child any day now, but we can't decide on a name. She really likes Ellis, but I contend that it is not a first name. We already used the "last name as a first name" thing with our second child (Hendrix Simon; called Henry for short).

Help.
Wow Hendrix? Really?

Poor kid.

go with something that has crunch brohan like pickaxe or timing belt take that to the bank brohan

It's way better than a few of the recent names some of my friend's relatives have done recently.

Actual given names on the birth certificate, not nicknames, I've heard:

Rio

Rocky

Bruiser

Rocky and Bruiser are brothers, so in that light it makes Rocky less horrible. How will Bruiser ever be taken seriously? Is it a trend to name a baby something that seems more commonly a name for a dog?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellis was the name of John Maclains wifes co worker who got executed in Die Hard. "Am I right boobka? Boobie Hans put the gun down this is radio"

Seems like a ok name to me

IMO, Hendrix doesn't go well with Ellis. One's going to be cool, one's going to be a nerd. Hendrix and Dylan work. Hendrix and Jax work. Hendrix and Ellis don't.

we've been ahead of the curve on our first two names, so Ellis might make sense after all.

Jayce (#428 when born in 2006; #150 now)

Hendrix (unlisted when born in 2008; #546 now)

Ellis (currently 443)
Dude.
I didn't consider Dude...that's a good, American name too.
I wanted to name our son Duke. Mrs eephus dismissed it as a dog's name.
one of my gbs just named his first kid Duke.

right behind "spot" and "rex" on teh top 10 dog names.

we've been ahead of the curve on our first two names, so Ellis might make sense after all.

Ellis (currently 443)
Dude.

I know a guy named Rex :shrug

Ellis (currently 443)
Dude.

I know a guy named Rex :shrug
Rex was my nom de plume/guerre when walking in at restaurants. as a guy with a very common name, I knew I'd be the only Rex... until somebody stole my damn table at a trendy soho spot one night.

Myles is better than Ellis, but still an idiotic name like Floppo mentioned.
I winked.I think it's a fine name... although the only people I know with it spell it like Miles Davis.
I didn't. It is a better name than Ellis, but not much.
you one of those people who think every guy should be called: John, David, Michael, Chris or Paul? I prefer diversity. I like idiosyncratic names.... especially if they have a link or root to the family. not really a fan of fan of wacko spellings of idiosyncratic names.

I winked.I think it's a fine name... although the only people I know with it spell it like Miles Davis.
you one of those people who think every guy should be called: John, David, Michael, Chris or Paul? I prefer diversity. I like idiosyncratic names.... especially if they have a link or root to the family. not really a fan of fan of wacko spellings of idiosyncratic names.
No I don't mind different names, just having a last name as a first name doesn't jive IMO.

But hey, to each their own. Hopefully he has a middle name that he can go by that is more normal.

No I don't mind different names, just having a last name as a first name doesn't jive IMO.

But hey, to each their own. Hopefully he has a middle name that he can go by that is more normal.
Miles and Ellis are first names too... not like he named the kid Smith, Jones or Johnson.

I was fighting for Mason most of the way, which is one of the most common first names today. My wife prefers the names be more distinct, though.

No matter what anyone says, I think Hendrix is an awesome name.

I was fighting for Mason most of the way, which is one of the most common first names today. My wife prefers the names be more distinct, though.

How's the baby and wife doing?

my wife wanted to name our son Hewson, after Bono. I don't hate the name (didn't look forward to kids calling him "Hewie"), and I like U2 ok... but no way I was going to explain to people that asked that we named him after ####### Bono. We also looked at some streets in the neighoborhood- Essex, Ludlow, Stanton, Rivington... felt too forced. Went with Tango.

my wife wanted to name our son Hewson, after Bono. I don't hate the name (didn't look forward to kids calling him "Hewie"), and I like U2 ok... but no way I was going to explain to people that asked that we named him after ####### Bono. We also looked at some streets in the neighoborhood- Essex, Ludlow, Stanton, Rivington... felt too forced. Went with Tango.
Does he have a sibling named Cash?

Foxtrot

eta: and Yankee

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtroteta: and Yankee
Whiskey

Foxtroteta: and Yankee
Whiskey
that's my name.

Users who are viewing this thread