What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Greg Jennings a Good Buy Low Candidate? (1 Viewer)

I was just offered Jennings + Forte for Steve Smith (NYG) + Chicago D/ST in a non-PPR league. All the stats say to go for it, but my gut tells me not to make this deal.
Tell your gut to shut up.
HA HA HA! Thanks, Chuck! I already pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon.
Wow I came on here to find out about views on Jennings this year. Been offered Jennings/Shockey for Clark/Massaquoi in ppr.It seems like a no-brainer but when I watched that Vikings/Packers game the pack OL looked horrible and like the OP here I got scared to take it. I'm assuming guys on here expect Rodgers to have more time to chuck it down the field? I don't understand how Driver can be getting the ball but Jennings isn't.

Traded for Jennings,

Gave Reggie Bush (don't really use) and Sims-Walker for Jennings and Jerome Harrison.

I like having Bowe, Marshall, OchoCinco and Jennings as WR's each week.

I like Jennings going forward a lot.

I just made an offer of Ricky Williams/Santonio Holmes for Jennings.

Depending on your viewpoint I'm giving up a ton. It's a .25 per reception league. Santonio, I think, Is nearly worthless. I have Pierre Thomas, Chris Johnson and Sammy Morris as well.

sdsjr3 said:
I like Jennings going forward a lot.I just made an offer of Ricky Williams/Santonio Holmes for Jennings.Depending on your viewpoint I'm giving up a ton. It's a .25 per reception league. Santonio, I think, Is nearly worthless. I have Pierre Thomas, Chris Johnson and Sammy Morris as well.
I think come playoff time you could regret this one.

(Dynasty 12 team 20 roster limit) traded Jennings yesterday who I picked up his first year for Lynch and Barrian- needed rb help (LT, Barber, JJ, Norwood) own R Moss, Cinco, Mason, Vincent J, Nicks

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people are forgetting how good this guy is. He is one of the hardest workers on the team, has natural speed, excellent hands, and is fantastic after the catch. Driver is still good, but he is reaching his mid 30's and Jennings will be the #1 WR on one of the best passing offenses in the league for the next 5 years.

Jennings will start showing that he is elite starting this week, and will finish the year easily in the top 5 WR. I would still pick him as the #3 dynasty WR behind Calvin and Fitz.

Agreed. There is something wrong with this guy which isn't being said. He doesn't go from stud last year to dud this year while Driver stays about the same. Jennings isn't a buy low candidate. He's a dump while he still has value candidate. I'm just a sucker for buying him.

I can see some people jumping off - makes total sense. I'm just not going to be one of them right now. I have the luxury of sitting tight, but maybe I will consider offers or making offers.

Greg looked fine to me and was very close to two TDs - first one he got behind the safeties on a Lions blitz and made a great one-handed grab but ended up falling down. They targeted him on a fade in the red zone and he had the ball in his hands but the CB managed to knock it out by basically flailing around and lucking out.

I think the OLINE in GB is awful though and Clifton is hurt again so I will be looking to sell anyone from GB.

I can see some people jumping off - makes total sense. I'm just not going to be one of them right now. I have the luxury of sitting tight, but maybe I will consider offers or making offers.
I have the luxury of sitting on him as well. But just because you can afford to sit on him doesn't mean you should. Unless you're only getting crap offers for him, he's not a bad sell.

I have the luxury of sitting on him as well. But just because you can afford to sit on him doesn't mean you should. Unless you're only getting crap offers for him, he's not a bad sell.
I agree, I shouldn't hold onto him just for the hell of it. But since I am in the position to hold, I will most definitely wait for a big day to shop him.

Greg looked fine to me and was very close to two TDs - first one he got behind the safeties on a Lions blitz and made a great one-handed grab but ended up falling down. They targeted him on a fade in the red zone and he had the ball in his hands but the CB managed to knock it out by basically flailing around and lucking out.

I think the OLINE in GB is awful though and Clifton is hurt again so I will be looking to sell anyone from GB.
This is key for those that are only looking at stats.

Agreed. A last second strip of the ball as he's falling down in the end zone cost Jennings a 14 yard TD. So his day was within a fraction of 7/78 with a TD. FWIW the Packers LT Clifton was a liability all day today. 4 penalties in less than 3 quarters of football. Lang came in and played tough. Its possible the Packers will be better with a brand new look at LT going forward.

Kitrick Taylor said:
Eric Stratton said:
red stripe said:

Agreed. A last second strip of the ball as he's falling down in the end zone cost Jennings a 14 yard TD. So his day was within a fraction of 7/78 with a TD. FWIW the Packers LT Clifton was a liability all day today. 4 penalties in less than 3 quarters of football. Lang came in and played tough. Its possible the Packers will be better with a brand new look at LT going forward.
The line is the only thing that is worrying me about jennings...from what i've seen rodgers has been on the run half the game. I was thinking about unloading jennings and pt bruiser and getting a guy like ronnie brown. I have great depth at reciever and i'm not liking what i saw out of the saints today with bell getting the goaline work.

Deuceman said:
Sold him in dynsaty this week...Pierre, MBIII and Jennings for DWill, J Stew, Beanie, Hightower and Housh
In a dynasty league, you just got robbed. Ouch. That is just a brutal deal.

Deuceman said:
Sold him in dynsaty this week...Pierre, MBIII and Jennings for DWill, J Stew, Beanie, Hightower and Housh
You're certainly overstating that. CAR still has a strong running game, Housh could recover and have several years of use left. He gave up two RBBC guys and a WR on a team with serious O line issues. Yeah ARI run game is bad but he controls it. I think he got a lot for the trade.

Deuceman said:
You're certainly overstating that. CAR still has a strong running game, Housh could recover and have several years of use left. He gave up two RBBC guys and a WR on a team with serious O line issues. Yeah ARI run game is bad but he controls it. I think he got a lot for the trade.
Agreed, no one got robbed in that trade.In dynasty format Jennings will eventually get back to being considered a top 10 WR in my opinion. You could see in the Detroit game he is playing at a high level. just not getting the deep catches/TDs.I also sold him and Brandon Marshall for MJD/RashadJennings. I know I gave a lot but that was before Marshall got his act together and I had the WR depth to do it.

Deuceman said:
I love Stewart but Housh is mediocre at best in dynasty leagues (at least imo) while Jennings I believe is still a very elite wr. I still believe he got robbed but to each their own. :goodposting:

Considering offering Steve Smith (Car...obviously) for Jennings in a redraft "change of scenery" scenario, but, in trolling in this thread, it seems this may not be wise due to the OL problems. Any updated thoughts on this, as I am trying to gauge whether to make an offer and what would be appropriate based upon perceived value of Jennings going forward?

Thought it could be a helpful discussion of what Jennings may be worth/is being offered for in other leagues.

I am really back and forth on Jennings right now. I have not gotten to watch GB games so I do not know how much Rodgers is looking for him.

I am not sure whether I want to sit on Jennings or not. I am rolling with Fitz, Steve Smith (NYG) and Housh, with Breaston as a back-up, but my run game could use a boost, only having Hightower as a primary starter. Is it worth it to deal Jennings for someone like Forte, another guy struggling?

I am really back and forth on Jennings right now. I have not gotten to watch GB games so I do not know how much Rodgers is looking for him.I am not sure whether I want to sit on Jennings or not. I am rolling with Fitz, Steve Smith (NYG) and Housh, with Breaston as a back-up, but my run game could use a boost, only having Hightower as a primary starter. Is it worth it to deal Jennings for someone like Forte, another guy struggling?
Unless you start 5 WRs, yes.

I am really back and forth on Jennings right now. I have not gotten to watch GB games so I do not know how much Rodgers is looking for him.I am not sure whether I want to sit on Jennings or not. I am rolling with Fitz, Steve Smith (NYG) and Housh, with Breaston as a back-up, but my run game could use a boost, only having Hightower as a primary starter. Is it worth it to deal Jennings for someone like Forte, another guy struggling?
Ive been cycling through jennings, roddy white, desean jackson, and burleson for weeks nowI finally pulled the trigger and accepted a trade: jennings for joe flacco (my qb is romo and i wanted some insurance in case miles austin doesnt go for 300 yards every game) I think I made the right move.....if you have wr depth like you say you do then I think its time to look for someone who could really use the risk/upside of what jennings brings this season

Considering offering Steve Smith (Car...obviously) for Jennings in a redraft "change of scenery" scenario, but, in trolling in this thread, it seems this may not be wise due to the OL problems. Any updated thoughts on this, as I am trying to gauge whether to make an offer and what would be appropriate based upon perceived value of Jennings going forward?

Thought it could be a helpful discussion of what Jennings may be worth/is being offered for in other leagues.
Yea that would definitely be helpful because i have absolutely no clue what other owners think about Jennings. I tried offering Pt bruiser and Jennings for Ronnie Brown and got shot down instantly. Outside of that, i'm lost as to what his perceived value is by non Jennings owners. :football:

I'm considering offering either Lynch or PT for Jennings.

My other RB's are CJ, Mendenahll, Hightower and Leon

My other WR's are AJ, VJax, Hester, Collie, Britt

In this case, yes. Even if he blows up, you need RBs. You have the WR depth to make it happen.

The problem with Jennings is that his value to the Packers is as a deep threat and the Packers just do not have the offensive line to give Rodgers enough time to get the ball deep. That is why Driver is so valuable this year.

Not sure whether it is an indication of things to come or a one week mirage, but Jennings looked much better tonight. Looked like he got some separation, ran well after the catch, and more importantly, had the offense calling his number. It was obvious watching the game the Packers wanted to get him more involved, and the numbers were there. Hopefully a sign of things to come, but can't get too excited yet.

Not sure whether it is an indication of things to come or a one week mirage, but Jennings looked much better tonight. Looked like he got some separation, ran well after the catch, and more importantly, had the offense calling his number. It was obvious watching the game the Packers wanted to get him more involved, and the numbers were there. Hopefully a sign of things to come, but can't get too excited yet.
This...
Packers | Week 8 Inactives

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:28:53 -0800

The Green Bay Packers have declared OT Breno Giacomini, DL Jarius Wynn, C Jason Spitz, LB Jeremy Thompson, TE Jermichael Finley, WR Jordy Nelson, FB Korey Hall, SS Matt Giordano inactive for Week 8.
...plus this...
Vikings | Week 8 Inactives

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:26:21 -0800

The Minnesota Vikings have declared RB Albert Young, CB Antoine Winfield, WR Darius Reynaud, DL Jayme Mitchell, C Jon Cooper, DL Letroy Guion, FB Naufahu Tahi, QB Sage Rosenfels inactive for Week 8.
...equalled a perfect storm for Jennings. Sell immediately if you can find a sucker who thinks he's going to have more weeks like this after Nelson and Finley return.

This...
Packers | Week 8 Inactives

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:28:53 -0800

The Green Bay Packers have declared OT Breno Giacomini, DL Jarius Wynn, C Jason Spitz, LB Jeremy Thompson, TE Jermichael Finley, WR Jordy Nelson, FB Korey Hall, SS Matt Giordano inactive for Week 8.
...plus this...
Vikings | Week 8 Inactives

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:26:21 -0800

The Minnesota Vikings have declared RB Albert Young, CB Antoine Winfield, WR Darius Reynaud, DL Jayme Mitchell, C Jon Cooper, DL Letroy Guion, FB Naufahu Tahi, QB Sage Rosenfels inactive for Week 8.
...equalled a perfect storm for Jennings. Sell immediately if you can find a sucker who thinks he's going to have more weeks like this after Nelson and Finley return.
Quite frankly I was in wholesale freakout mode when Jennings had 0 for 0 at half.I traded for him (sent SSmith1 (Car)) a few weeks ago.

He really came through today in the 2nd half. Always been a big fan, he had had two straight 5-6 catch games coming in and now finally turned in some points today.

But still I have that nagging feeling I should try to trade up while the getting's good. Something's amiss in Green Bay. I think it's Mike McCarthy, the ex-Saints OC who started Aaron Brooks for 5 years over Jeff Blake (2000-01), Jake Delhomme and Mark Bulger.

So does this become a Sell High thread now???

The offense except for Driver and Rodgers sucks right now. They are making too many mistakes and aren't executing.

Jennings' TD catch was pretty amazing with the way he was being held and interfered with. The guy is the same stud he was last year. He'll come back to his numbers. Still a buy.

He's a stud that is getting into his groove.. To mention Finley being out as reason Jeniings did well is a JOKE........News flash the TE that played today had 2 td's.

I'm thinking Jennings is getting ready to consistently put up numbers more indicative of his past. I am thinking of offering Moreno for Jennings straight up to the last place team. His best RB is Jacobs so he might bite.

He's a stud that is getting into his groove.. To mention Finley being out as reason Jeniings did well is a JOKE........News flash the TE that played today had 2 td's.
Average Targets Per game through Week 7:Jennings 6.3

Lee 4

Finley 3.5

Nelson 2.5

Total 16.3

This week's targets:

Jennings 12

Lee 6

Finley dnp

Nelson dnp

Total 18

Since you have the numbers handy, I'm curious as to what Driver's numbers look like yesterday compared to rest of season?

Since you have the numbers handy, I'm curious as to what Driver's numbers look like yesterday compared to rest of season?
Driver - 6.7 Targets/Game going into the week, 10 yesterday.Also, Rodgers averaged 30.7 Attempts per Game through 7 weeks (6 games) and had 41 yesterday. Score of the game and Winfield out were contributing factors, too.

To add to Jennings...I still think something is rotten in denmark.

He had a productive day, however, I still believe he may be hurt.

He just doesn't look as fast and crisp as usual. In addition, that end of game drop on sidelines by Favre made me wonder. there was

barely any contact, hip maybe???

Jennings is a warrior in the off season with on of the best off season work ethics. He is in his 4th year and should be exploding into a top tier WR.

I hope this is the turn we were looking for, but I do think there is something going on here behind the scenes.

Packer homers.....any inside info???

BTW, no ARog protection is a BIG blame as well.

To add to Jennings...I still think something is rotten in denmark.He had a productive day, however, I still believe he may be hurt.He just doesn't look as fast and crisp as usual. In addition, that end of game drop on sidelines by Favre made me wonder. there wasbarely any contact, hip maybe???Jennings is a warrior in the off season with on of the best off season work ethics. He is in his 4th year and should be exploding into a top tier WR.I hope this is the turn we were looking for, but I do think there is something going on here behind the scenes.Packer homers.....any inside info???BTW, no ARog protection is a BIG blame as well.
I know he has been battling a wrist injury. You are correct that Jennings doesn't look quite as explosive this year. Doesn't make much sense when we know he went to Fitzgeralds' summer workout camp. It wouldn't surprise me to find out he was battling some sort of leg injury as well. I still think he's a buy right now. Packers run game is horrible, and Rodgers is good. McCarthy loves to throw. Numbers will follow for Jennings.

He just doesn't look as fast and crisp as usual. In addition, that end of game drop on sidelines by Favre made me wonder. there was

Jennings is a warrior in the off season with on of the best off season work ethics. He is in his 4th year and should be exploding into a top tier WR.

I hope this is the turn we were looking for, but I do think there is something going on here behind the scenes.

He got the wind knocked out of him. If you see how he landed on his arm, it's a classic example. Plus, here is the link saying such. The protection thing is the biggest issue IMO. Thank God he can move in the pocket and scramble, because his pocket doesnt hold up long. I think Jennings has not gotten as much separation as last year, but I would be willing to bet that is about to change. Looking at the game again, they were calling his number on a plethora of plays and down near the goalline. They made a concerted effort to get him the ball.

He got the wind knocked out of him. If you see how he landed on his arm, it's a classic example. Plus, here is the link saying such. The protection thing is the biggest issue IMO. Thank God he can move in the pocket and scramble, because his pocket doesnt hold up long. I think Jennings has not gotten as much separation as last year, but I would be willing to bet that is about to change. Looking at the game again, they were calling his number on a plethora of plays and down near the goalline. They made a concerted effort to get him the ball.
I like it, I like it. I just grabbed him, Chris Johnson and Witten (WR) for Benson, Ocho and driver.

Go Jennings!

Users who are viewing this thread