What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it important to have a balanced team? (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
Dynasty, PPR, Start 2x RB, 2x WR, TE & 2x Flex.

I have a pretty spectacular herd of RBs (Gurley, Zeke, Dalvin Cook, Ajayi, Duke Johnson, Donta Foreman, Elijah McGuire, Wayne Gallman) but my WRs are a bit hit and miss and getting old (Dez, Jordy, Hilton, Marvin Jones, Garcon, Decker, Mike Williams).

Given that I can start up to 4 RBs a week, is it best to leave as is or try to trade an RB for a younger/upside WR?

I finished 3rd this season and feel I should be contending for a championship next season.  

Note, during last year's draft I traded my 2018 1st for Mike Williams (before the full extent of his injuries was known), partially to address this but I'm not convinced it helped. There may be better prospects at 2018 1.10. But alas, it's done.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynasty, PPR, Start 2x RB, 2x WR, TE & 2x Flex.

I have a pretty spectacular herd of RBs (Gurley, Zeke, Dalvin Cook, Ajayi, Duke Johnson, Donta Foreman, Elijah McGuire, Wayne Gallman) but my WRs are a bit hit and miss and getting old (Dez, Jordy, Hilton, Marvin Jones, Garcon, Decker, Mike Williams).

Given that I can start up to 4 RBs a week, is it best to leave as is or try to trade an RB for a younger/upside WR?

I finished 3rd this season and feel I should be contending for a championship next season.  

Note, during last year's draft I traded my 2018 1st for Mike Williams (before the full extent of his injuries was known), partially to address this but I'm not convinced it helped. There may be better prospects at 2018 1.10. But alas, it's done.  
I would leave as is.  Gurley and Zeke are pretty much untouchable.  You could trade Cook for a stud WR, but an OBJ or Brown owner isn't going to bite on that.  Ajayi isn't going to get you that young upside WR that you covet.  In fact, I am not sure Ajayi is even startable for you.....he's good bench depth.  I think Duke Johnson is a better play in a PPR format.

I would try and trade 1.10 pick plus Dez or Jordy (or both) and try and move up in Round 1.  You have enough WRs to start 2 or 3 every week, but it's a headache in selecting who to start.  Problem is Dez and Jordy don't have much trade value right now.

Anyway, you have enough talent to contend, so don't tinker with it too much.

Good luck.

When you have the flexibility to play up to 4 RB's and only 2 WR's balance is necessary.  As simple as it sounds you really want the players that will score the most.  It doesn't matter if they are WR's or RB's as long as you have space in the starting lineup to play them.  In a 1 or 2 RB league I would have a different answer to your issue but since you can start up to 4 I think you are fine. 

I wouldn't say any of those are untouchable by any means and if you can turn Gurley or Zeke into an elite WR and a back end RB1 where Elite WR +back end RB1 scores more than Zeke and Jordy/Dez/Jones/etc so you are improving your starting lineup then it is worth looking into.  However, I would have to get proven elite WR and a proven back end RB1.......not potential. 

Your team is solid as it is and if you can hit on some upside WR youngsters you will be right back to a top contender. 

Outside the elite few WR's are a dime a dozen. Keep your RB studs but maybe try and trade Duke Johnson, Donta Foreman, Elijah McGuire, Wayne Gallman, Jordy and Dez for WR help or picks.

Thanks guys, good advice here. 

I think I'll stand pat for now but maybe put out some offers post FA & Draft. Duke Johnson's value may rise if the Browns don't draft a rookie RB and Ajayi's when the Eagles release Blount. 

Out of interest, what do think the value of Dez or Jordy would be in draft picks? I can't imagine it's that much. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, good advice here. 

I think I'll stand pat for now but maybe put out some offers post FA & Draft. Duke Johnson's value may rise if the Browns don't draft a rookie RB and Ajayi's when the Eagles release Blount. 

Out of interest, what do think the value of Dez or Jordy would be in draft picks? I can't imagine it's that much. 
I wouldn't give up much in a dynasty format for them by themselves but if I was competing and needed a WR3/4 to go along with another piece I wouldn't mind having them be part of a bigger deal.  I just don't think you will be able to get any draft pick of value for them at the moment.

Nice team.  You had some bad luck this year (Zeke/Bryant, Garcon, Jordy/Rodgers, Hilton/Luck, Cook, Williams, etc.), but congratulations for finishing third.  You could stand pat, but would look to see if you can package together some parts to get a more PPR friendly starting receiver.  Dez needs help, Jordy is struggling to get separation, Decker has been disappointing -- just think you need a target/catch monster and you have the parts to put something together without negatively impacting your team.  I do like Garcon as a surprise contributor if the niners keep Garrapolo.

Users who are viewing this thread