What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it time we say good-bye to... (1 Viewer)

agame2323

Footballguy
DeVante Parker? He was suppose to have an "ODB" type of coming out party this season and I just don't see it happening. Diggs is on my wavier wire and I'm thinks about picking him up and dropping Parker.

Let's open this up to others as well.

Peyton Manning.

Now's the perfect time. It's a bye. So you don't need to feel guilty. Then when you feel that cringe when someone picks him up, it'll go away by the end of week 8 when he puts up another stinker.

Eddy Lacey is going down like Trent Richardson
I completely disagree with this.

Last year at this point he had 306 yards rushing. This year he is at 260.

He is also dealing with an ankle injury. Additionally both the offseason between the 2013-14 season and the offseason prior to this season McCarthy spoke of keeping Lacy fresh for the later parts of the season.

His touches and production will go up the second half of the season.

Melvin Gordon droppable in standard redraft?

Haven't seen him really make progress behind that broken O-line. Woodhead has also scored more points than him this season. Oliver looked okay too.

Melvin Gordon droppable in standard redraft?

Haven't seen him really make progress behind that broken O-line. Woodhead has also scored more points than him this season. Oliver looked okay too.
I think so. That O-line isn't magically going to fix itself and the defense isn't getting better any time soon.

Melvin Gordon is averaging 13 carries a game, and was in the double digits every week until last week.

He certainly isn't doing much with those, I get it.

But with the way the RBs have been horrible across the board this year, to just cut this guy and give up completely seems like a terrible mistake.

He may not ever turn it around with that O Line there, but you are not going to find that kind of workload on any waiver wire in the leagues that I am associated with.

Bench him if you think you have to, but dropping him is not the answer, at least not at this point.

Whenever I think about dropping someone I always ask myself ......... "Can I get a comparable player off the wire?".

This is a case where I may snag someone, but I certainly don't like abandoning that workload and leaving it on the wire for the next owner.

In other thoughts, I ALMOST traded for Jordan Matthews 2 weeks back.... in an effort to "upgrade" my WR3 slot in a league.

I think I dodged a bullet there.

I think Ameer Abdullah is one many are thinking of dropping.

He is one I may be targeting for a bench stash. The team may be coming around and he has some great matchups in weeks 15-16.

Even if I had to bench the guy, if I can get him cheap........come the end of the fantasy season I may be happy I am not facing the guy in those weeks.

TZM (Not a Melvin Gordon owner)

In other thoughts, I ALMOST traded for Jordan Matthews 2 weeks back.... in an effort to "upgrade" my WR3 slot in a league.

Unfortunately, I just did and I traded John Brown and J-Stew for him. It was essentially so I could open up a roster spot to stash/block an owner for another RB. Now, I'm looking at 3 disappointments at WR in Cobb, AJ and JM while Brown finally exploded last week. Just gotta hope the cream eventually rises to the top...

Insein said:
SengerCJ said:
Insein said:
SengerCJ said:
Is Jordan Matthews still worth rostering in redraft? Considering dropping him for Diggs.
He's still getting about 7+ targets a game. Can't drop that in PPR.
I can agree, but in standard his 7+ targets have been worthless.
Yes. Standard is all about the yards and hope for a TD. He has no hope for a TD right now. So if there are better options, I'd bail.
My hit on Nuk has made my miss on Matthews more palatable. I'm holding now only because I'm in a ppr

Unfortunately, I just did and I traded John Brown and J-Stew for him. It was essentially so I could open up a roster spot to stash/block an owner for another RB. Now, I'm looking at 3 disappointments at WR in Cobb, AJ and JM while Brown finally exploded last week. Just gotta hope the cream eventually rises to the top...
Sorry to hear that.

I was very high on John Brown everywhere preseason, even drafted him in 4/4 leagues.

There was some good discussion on Brown in his thread there the last few weeks too.

But- I do think Jordan Matthews finally gets something going.

Last I checked he is still getting a decent number of targets, so you can hope he finally starts firing it up a bit.

I am a fellow Cobb owner, so I know what thats like. Just sleep easy at night knowing you have the best piece in the Green Bay offense once he finally gets on track for the season.

It would take a massive offer for me to move Cobb currently, even though he has been a disappointment overall.

(I did tune in to the game last night, and saw Matthews drop one pass, but Gruden and the horrible announcing + the commercial overload made me turn it off soon thereafter)

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry to hear that.

I was very high on John Brown everywhere preseason, even drafted him in 4/4 leagues.

There was some good discussion on Brown in his thread there the last few weeks too.

But- I do think Jordan Matthews finally gets something going.

Last I checked he is still getting a decent number of targets, so you can hope he finally starts firing it up a bit.

I am a fellow Cobb owner, so I know what thats like. Just sleep easy at night knowing you have the best piece in the Green Bay offense once he finally gets on track for the season.

It would take a massive offer for me to move Cobb currently, even though he has been a disappointment overall.

(I did tune in to the game last night, and saw Matthews drop one pass, but Gruden and the horrible announcing + the commercial overload made me turn it off soon thereafter)

TZM
I do have Allen Robinson as well so, in a world without byes, Matthews or Brown wasn't getting played because I'm always too gunshy to bench my "studs". Also kept Moncrief over Brown as he's shown to be consistent and not as boom or bust. Should be OK but it sucks because I made sure to draft Brown.

I do have Allen Robinson as well so, in a world without byes, Matthews or Brown wasn't getting played because I'm always too gunshy to bench my "studs". Also kept Moncrief over Brown as he's shown to be consistent and not as boom or bust. Should be OK but it sucks because I made sure to draft Brown.
HA~! You must have consulted my go-to list of WRs preseason.

I ALSO have Allen Robinson in most leagues. :thumbup:

Owning Randall Cobb, Allen Robinson, John Brown in multiple leagues. (I also have Julio, getting him #1 overall in 2 leagues) Even have Moncrief in one league also.

Of course, my leagues are "start 3 WRs" so I can afford to be slightly more "tolerant" on people like John Brown than guys in other league formats.

I do worry about Allen Robinson this week, we need to watch that as he sustained an injury this past weekend.

By all accounts he was "lucky" that it wasn't any worse than it is though, and appears to be a deep bruise.

We should know more Wednesday.

TZM

Melvin Gordon is averaging 13 carries a game, and was in the double digits every week until last week.

But with the way the RBs have been horrible across the board this year, to just cut this guy and give up completely seems like a terrible mistake.

He may not ever turn it around with that O Line there, but you are not going to find that kind of workload on any waiver wire in the leagues that I am associated with.

Bench him if you think you have to, but dropping him is not the answer, at least not at this point.

Whenever I think about dropping someone I always ask myself ......... "Can I get a comparable player off the wire?".

This is a case where I may snag someone, but I certainly don't like abandoning that workload and leaving it on the wire for the next owner.

He is one I may be targeting for a bench stash. The team may be coming around and he has some great matchups in weeks 15-16.

Even if I had to bench the guy, if I can get him cheap........come the end of the fantasy season I may be happy I am not facing the guy in those weeks.

I completely agree with you. I don't think I'll find another guy with that much of a workload in the wire. BUT I already did it once this season by dropping Alfred Morris. I drafted him higher than Gordon too.

I think they're honestly in a similar situation. Potential workhorse sharing the backfield with a stable of different runners. I'm not sure when I'll actually be able to start Gordon, barring an injury to my other RBs. And I need help in other areas.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Insein said:

Peyton Manning.

Now's the perfect time. It's a bye. So you don't need to feel guilty. Then when you feel that cringe when someone picks him up, it'll go away by the end of week 8 when he puts up another stinker.
I'll second this and eat some crow. I was wrong about him this year.

I think it's time to give up on Watkins. Constantly injured. And not getting the attention he needs to flourish in that offense. He might turn it on in the 2nd half of the season but in the meantime he's a useless waste of roster space when you can grab a guy like diggs

In a redraft league, trying to drop Brandin Cooks w/ a hefty bid on Diggs. Tired of seeing Cooks w/ 3 or 4 targets through first 3 quarters, entirely reliant on 4th quarter garbage time.

Vincent Jackson

Peyton Manning

C.J. Anderson

Darren Sproles

Percy Harvin

Devante Parker

Indy tight ends

Titan running backs

Alex Smith

Owen Daniels

Ruben Randle

Giant rbs

Terrance Williams

Zach Ertz

Bridgewater

Charles Johnson

Abdullah

Cooks

Spiller

Carolina receivers

Roddy White

St. Louis receivers

Andre Johnson

Markus Wheaton

On the verge:

Bradford

Jordan Mathews

Garcon

Joseph Randle

Wallace

Stafford

Adams

Stewart

Mike Evans

Michael Floyd

Arizona backs

Watkins

Kendall Wright

Jeremy Hill

Crowell

K.C. running backs

Gordon

Vincent Jackson

Peyton Manning

C.J. Anderson

Darren Sproles

Percy Harvin

Devante Parker

Indy tight ends

Titan running backs

Alex Smith

Owen Daniels

Ruben Randle

Giant rbs

Terrance Williams

Zach Ertz

Bridgewater

Charles Johnson

Abdullah

Cooks

Spiller

Carolina receivers

Roddy White

St. Louis receivers

Andre Johnson

Markus Wheaton

On the verge:

Bradford

Jordan Mathews

Garcon

Joseph Randle

Wallace

Stafford

Adams

Stewart

Mike Evans

Michael Floyd

Arizona backs

Watkins

Kendall Wright

Jeremy Hill

Crowell

K.C. running backs

Gordon
A lot of these are TERRIBLE picks. Mike Evans will light it up in the second half. Michael Floyd is just starting to get relevant. Who cuts Jeremy Hill? Steward scores 2 TD's at Seattle - cut him now? Stafford? OK - but last game not bad. Mathews great buy low. Kendall Wright moves up with Mettenberger. Vincent Jackson? cut? He's been their best receiver and their schedule gets much harder (i.e. - more passing to both Jackson and Evans, less Martin).

Really hard to say in redraft...he may break out at some point this year. But he's a definite buy low in dynasty and possibly keeper (depending on the format). Although he hasn't done much behind that beat up and battered line, he *does* have 5 runs of 20+ yards in 6 games (which is really 5.5 games since he got benched after fumbling last week...) The potential is there. He has those 5 long runs despite the poor line, not because of it. None of them were huge holes...They all showed vision and the ability to change lanes. Again, hard to say he gets there this year, so redraft is tough. If the line gets healthy in the next few games, who knows...might come into his own just in time for the fantasy playoffs.

I think it's time to give up on Watkins. Constantly injured. And not getting the attention he needs to flourish in that offense. He might turn it on in the 2nd half of the season but in the meantime he's a useless waste of roster space when you can grab a guy like diggs
I dropped Watkins, but half my team is on a bye so my situation was desparate.

Vincent Jackson

Peyton Manning

C.J. Anderson

Darren Sproles

Percy Harvin

Devante Parker

Indy tight ends

Titan running backs

Alex Smith

Owen Daniels

Ruben Randle

Giant rbs

Terrance Williams

Zach Ertz

Bridgewater

Charles Johnson

Abdullah

Cooks

Spiller

Carolina receivers

Roddy White

St. Louis receivers

Andre Johnson

Markus Wheaton

On the verge:

Bradford

Jordan Mathews

Garcon

Joseph Randle

Wallace

Stafford

Adams

Stewart

Mike Evans

Michael Floyd

Arizona backs

Watkins

Kendall Wright

Jeremy Hill

Crowell

K.C. running backs

Gordon
A lot of these are TERRIBLE picks. Mike Evans will light it up in the second half. Michael Floyd is just starting to get relevant. Who cuts Jeremy Hill? Steward scores 2 TD's at Seattle - cut him now? Stafford? OK - but last game not bad. Mathews great buy low. Kendall Wright moves up with Mettenberger. Vincent Jackson? cut? He's been their best receiver and their schedule gets much harder (i.e. - more passing to both Jackson and Evans, less Martin).
Did you see the On the verge comment?

Mike Evans - I am willing to give him a week or 2 to come out of it.

Vincent Jackson - You really think Winston is going to support Mike Evans lighting it up and Jackson? Talk about a horrible pick. The guy is averaging 10 points per game PPR with a 30 point out burst. So half his points came in one week, that he was probably on your bench in a tough match up.

Stewart - has had one good week all year, it was last week so it bought him a couple weeks.

Michael Floyd is 3rd in the passing order and 4th option after a running back. No thanks.

Hill - has bought some time, but he is very touchdown dependent.

Mathews - could be a good buy low, but he is on the verge.

Wright - How does Wright move up with Mettenburger? He didn't do to well with him last year, if anything Walker gets the bump.

MattFancy said:
Tevin Coleman. Unless something happens to Freeman, he's not getting his job back.
hes like the #1 handcuff to own. Dumb to drop
It is more about validating their guy once again than actually trying to come up with someone that fits the question in the thread. Makes me want to hold Coleman even more for the inevitable fall.

I'd like to say good bye to Jim caldwell, Martin mayhew, and the rest of the gong show in detroit.

MattFancy said:
Tevin Coleman. Unless something happens to Freeman, he's not getting his job back.
I don't own Freeman and have injuries and bye week issues. I'm not holding him in the league I have him. He's gotten 6 carries the last 2 weeks. Sure, if you own Freeman, you need to find a way to get Coleman. But if you don't own Freeman and need help, I'd have no problem dropping him.

MattFancy said:
I don't own Freeman and have injuries and bye week issues. I'm not holding him in the league I have him. He's gotten 6 carries the last 2 weeks. Sure, if you own Freeman, you need to find a way to get Coleman. But if you don't own Freeman and need help, I'd have no problem dropping him.
trade him to the freeman owner

MattFancy said:
Unfortunatley, I've been trying ever since Freeman took over.

Not sure if you're thinking drop or trade. In a lot of leagues he will fetch more in trade than you could hope to get off the waiver wire.

Insein said:

Peyton Manning.

I'll second this and eat some crow. I was wrong about him this year.
+1

MattFancy said:
Unfortunatley, I've been trying ever since Freeman took over.
Bit of a hijack, but has any Coleman owner recently sold to a Freeman owner (or Freeman owner trying to buy Coleman) in redraft recently? If so, what's that market looking like?

considering dropping manning, abdullah & alfred morris ... don't know why i'm holding onto manning anymore -Rivers has saved me

Users who are viewing this thread