What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Micheal Irvin the single most annoying commentator ever? (1 Viewer)

####, Irvin, you are an idiot.

My gawd, your screaming into the microphone is ####### stupid.

My question about NFL Network is: How did LaDanian Tomlinson get past his first tryout? He was a great player, but he obviously is not good at talking about the game. I cringe while he does his segments. Very similar to the year Emmitt Smith was on (was it CBS?)
same way he got in the first tryout.

I don’t mind Irvin when Irvin calls in to my local radio show. He’s the only guest, he and the hosts interact respectfully, they let him talk, and he’s often insightful & relevant he stays on topic, lends a player’s perspective, and doesn’t pull punches.

He just sucks eggs in a panel/forum format like the NFL network. He’s not good at passing the baton, or leaving space for others, which can be grating.

Interesting story developing.
Irvin filed a lawsuit immediately when he was dismissed and sent home
Marriott has a story or side of their own to share
You be the judge
You look at the way that judge pulled Marriott’s pants down in court, and this is probably a pretty easy call.

You, MOP, get accused of something, you go and try and get security tapes from a hotel, they refuse. You go to court. You get a judge to tell them to release the tapes.

They refuse. The judge is incredulous, drags the hotel into court and tears them a new one.

How open are you to hearing the hotel’s side in this dispute?

oh, by the way, this has already hurt your career and made national news. How ‘both sides’ are YOU feeling about this, if it was you?

Interesting story developing.
Irvin filed a lawsuit immediately when he was dismissed and sent home
Marriott has a story or side of their own to share
You be the judge
You look at the way that judge pulled Marriott’s pants down in court, and this is probably a pretty easy call.

You, MOP, get accused of something, you go and try and get security tapes from a hotel, they refuse. You go to court. You get a judge to tell them to release the tapes.

They refuse. The judge is incredulous, drags the hotel into court and tears them a new one.

How open are you to hearing the hotel’s side in this dispute?

oh, by the way, this has already hurt your career and made national news. How ‘both sides’ are YOU feeling about this, if it was you?
I see it Irvin's way and the legal system early on was furious with Marriott as you said
But I do think something flew out of his mouth, not sure I believe the words as Marriott reveals.
There was a lot of damage done within cancel culture early on, especially at NFLN.
I used to enjoy Marshall Faulk immensely on the pregame.
That's the last time I watched any of that pregame nonsense.

Well said. And sorry for waiting over 10 years to say it.

Stompin' Tom Connors used to be a valued commenter here. I often dug what he was putting down. He also appreciated me at times, and we got on rather well. I'm sad he's not around anymore.
Stomping Tom added a ton of value to NFL discussions. Definitely a loss that he left the building.

Stompin' Tom Connors used to be a valued commenter here. I often dug what he was putting down. He also appreciated me at times, and we got on rather well. I'm sad he's not around anymore.
Stomping Tom added a ton of value to NFL discussions. Definitely a loss that he left the building.
I seem to remember him making a big deal that he was leaving the site forever.

Honestly don’t remember much about his posting content but he had a cool screen name.

Ehhh. Seems like we felt they were way more important once the name came out.

He outed himself or someone outed him? I didn't know that. I just knew he left. He had called a review of the Dead album American Beauty that I wrote "brilliant." A compliment like that did not go unnoticed. We were copacetic.

eta* I'm sorry. He called it "poetry." Here's the post. https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/live-grateful-dead.469051/post-22692700

And maybe it was the song he was talking about. I probably misunderstood. But he was a really nice guy and thoughtful regardless.

Last edited:

He outed himself or someone outed him? I didn't know that. I just knew he left. He had called a review of the Dead album American Beauty that I wrote "brilliant." A compliment like that did not go unnoticed. We were copacetic.
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but he made a big deal about the forum and left, we found out his name.... making an observation

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but he made a big deal about the forum and left, we found out his name.... making an observation

Sure. I'm just not sure what you're trying to say, really. And I don't mind digressing because this thread is about Michael Irvin, and I couldn't care less about that.

Stompin' Tom I do and did care about. If you think that's retrospective, I assure you it is not. I had no idea what his name was and don't remember him leaving the board in a stink.

That doesn't matter to me. I hope he's doing well.

And why are you trying to figure out his name? That's creepy behavior and something I don't support at all.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I'm not sure I like your vibe.

You’re trying to have a logical conversation with Emminence.

Oh. He slipped under my radar. Too few posts. Thank you.
It’s always so obvious to me when he comes back under a new name - this one joined in January. Just look at his “contributions” to the Lamar Jackson thread.
Don’t worry he’ll go nuts on some topic soon, get banned, and come back again.

Users who are viewing this thread