What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Sproles Top-10 RB going forward? (1 Viewer)

Astangi

Footballguy
Sproles is Top10 in every league I am in. Personally, I struggle to think he can maintain a lead over full-load workhorses like Gore, Turner, SJax, MJD or Mendy. That said, in trying to gauge his trade value, I feel foolish offering him straight up for some of these other guys even though he's kept pace or outpaced them.

What do people think? Bonafide 1st or early 2nd-round pick if we drafted today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this premium content?

I drafted him because of exactly what he's been doing. I had him last year and felt like he was horribly under-utilized by Norv. Had a good feeling about this year and he was probably my best draft decision. Those who pay attention know his value, while those who are casual players that are more likely influenced by name-recognition will undervalue him until next year. You'll probably have a hard time getting equal value in a trade with anybody who is not somewhat ff savvy.

In my league we value return yardage equally with receiving and rushing yards. So as of Week 7's end Sproles is the #2 RB in my league only 2 points from Peterson for the top slot. He has been nothing short of a house for me this season. He went completely undrafted and on a hunch I dropped LaRon Landry (injury) and snagged Sproles about an hour before the Week 1 game. In our league so far he has been this years Peyton Hillis and then some. So far in my league he is on pace to put up "near" Arian Foster numbers from last year in total points scored. Last year Foster finished with 219 points in my league. Sproles is on pace for 183 which would've finished second last season and should be about there this season. Best FA pickup I've ever had in FFB by far.

Does the Saints continue to utilize Sproles the same way next year? What round do people see him going if that's the case?

If he finishes the season with the same production and utility as he has seen this year I see no season that he isn't drafted as a Top 10 RB maybe Top 15 at the worst. Right now he is the #3 RB in my league, I wish it was a keeper as I would most certainly be holding onto him. In PPR or Return yardage leagues he is simply a beast right now. If the Saints didn't play such an awful game Sproles would probably #1 in overall scoring in my league. He is all but 7 points behind Peterson and 5 points behind Shady.

It's really hard to argue with 1331 total yards. That plus his 5 TDs so far this season make him a house. I know if he continues this pace next year he will probably be drafted in the 2nd round in my league. Most standard/ppr leagues he will probably fall to the last 2nd round early 3rd round I would think. Again this all hinges on him keeping pace for the remainder of the season. If this week was his beginning into a slump back to the old Sproles then he remains a late round pick/undrafted.

Yes it will definitely depend on how he finishes the second half. It seems like he is the perfect fit for what they need in NO, but at the same time with so many weapons and RBs in NO, its hard to imagine him being 2nd/3rd round pick. Peyton's offense was always based off having a Bush type player, don't see them going away from it, so he just might be used the same way next year.

I dont see anything changing with this situation. He's dynamic and if anything should have more FF points as he has missed a few TDs by inches.

I have him in a return yardage league, he's top point scorer (among RBs, trails only Welker when you add WRs in). Also have AP on that team, he's #3. Life is good.

Yes he is. When the Saints win he scores points...and when the Saints lose he scores points.

He is one of those guys that does not have bad games fantasy wise.

Yes he is. When the Saints win he scores points...and when the Saints lose he scores points.He is one of those guys that does not have bad games fantasy wise.
Not true. The two weeks I started him he got 3 points each week. I guess that is points technically.

Sproles is everything Reggie Bush should have been. He has humbly taken his portion as a role player and has made himself the man on the field. If Ingram is out for very long Sproles will solidify himself as a #1 RB.

Yes he is. When the Saints win he scores points...and when the Saints lose he scores points.He is one of those guys that does not have bad games fantasy wise.
Not true. The two weeks I started him he got 3 points each week. I guess that is points technically.
What is your scoring system?We have no kickoff return yardage...but 1 PPR, 1 point per 5 yards, 6 points per TD.

I think you need to drop him, clearly you are a jinx to everyone else who has Darren Sproles. The lowest he's gotten me is 10 points. Last week (7) he snagged a clean 25 for me. So yeah, he's fantastic when NO isn't terrible as a team. As stated above he should also have 3-4 more TDs where he fell short literally at the 1yd line then Jed Collins or Ingram vultured the TD.

He is the number 8 back in my league with 210 points in 8 weeks. As a frame of reference, Ray Rice has 240.

this thread proves that return yardage leagues are stupid.
I don't get it.
It was in response to the guy that said Sproles is the #1 point scorer in his league.In no reality should Sproles be the #1 most valuable of anything. He's a good player performing well in the roll he's been given, but he's still a role player.And I also don't like full ppr leagues. Why should a catch for 2 yards be worth more than a 10 yard run?Sproles is #14 rb in my standard scoring league and #7 in my 0.5 ppr league. That's total points, and his ranking has been helped immensely thanks to no injuries or a bye. He is a soild #2rb in any format, no way a good team has him as their #1 rb.

Sproles is #14 rb in my standard scoring league and #7 in my 0.5 ppr league. That's total points, and his ranking has been helped immensely thanks to no injuries or a bye. He is a soild #2rb in any format, no way a good team has him as their #1 rb.
Saints are a pretty good team, and he is their #1 rb.

I don't get it.
It was in response to the guy that said Sproles is the #1 point scorer in his league.In no reality should Sproles be the #1 most valuable of anything. He's a good player performing well in the roll he's been given, but he's still a role player.

And I also don't like full ppr leagues. Why should a catch for 2 yards be worth more than a 10 yard run?

Sproles is #14 rb in my standard scoring league and #7 in my 0.5 ppr league. That's total points, and his ranking has been helped immensely thanks to no injuries or a bye. He is a soild #2rb in any format, no way a good team has him as their #1 rb.
Currently 2nd most points in my league and he's my #1 :boxing: It's all smoke an mirrors for me :)

'gsmayes said:
I don't get it.
It was in response to the guy that said Sproles is the #1 point scorer in his league.In no reality should Sproles be the #1 most valuable of anything. He's a good player performing well in the roll he's been given, but he's still a role player.And I also don't like full ppr leagues. Why should a catch for 2 yards be worth more than a 10 yard run?Sproles is #14 rb in my standard scoring league and #7 in my 0.5 ppr league. That's total points, and his ranking has been helped immensely thanks to no injuries or a bye. He is a soild #2rb in any format, no way a good team has him as their #1 rb.
It isn't necessarily. In my league a run for 10 yards is worth 2...a catch for 2 yards is worth 1.

'jonboltz said:
'gsmayes said:
puh-lease. the Saints don't have a clear cut #1 rb:Sproles:45+51=96Ingram:85+8=93Thomas:58+24=82three touches more does not a #1 rb make.

'gsmayes said:
I don't get it.
It was in response to the guy that said Sproles is the #1 point scorer in his league.In no reality should Sproles be the #1 most valuable of anything. He's a good player performing well in the roll he's been given, but he's still a role player.

And I also don't like full ppr leagues. Why should a catch for 2 yards be worth more than a 10 yard run?

:lmao: ya because fantasy football is all about reality.any scoring format is fun as long as you understand how to adjust?

'jonboltz said:
'gsmayes said:
puh-lease. the Saints don't have a clear cut #1 rb:Sproles:45+51=96Ingram:85+8=93Thomas:58+24=82three touches more does not a #1 rb make.
Snaps would be more accurate. Yards also helps. Sproles is the Saints primary RB.

The only negative I can see to Sproles was that Rams game.

I have no idea why the Saints just did not give him the rock as a primary carrier and receiver. He got a lot of garbage time opportunities but until then he was well underutilized. He can do more. I think he and the whole team are helped with Ingram healthy and playing.

I don't get it.
Sproles is #4 highest scoring RB in my league, behind McCoy, AP, and FJax, in that order (and 0.03 points ahead of Ray Rice).Why shouldn't he get credit for his 637 return yards? He's the player on the field making the play. It's silly, in my opinion, for a player NOT to get credit for return yards.While full PPR or return yards being equal to rushing/receiving yards are excessive (in my opinion), they are great when implemented well.Our league is 0.25 PPR, 20 rushing/receiving yds/pt (bonuses at 100 & 200), 40 return yds/pt.

Why shouldn't he get credit for his 637 return yards? He's the player on the field making the play. It's silly, in my opinion, for a player NOT to get credit for return yards.
I agree, the ball doesn't start on the opposite goal line for the offense, someone has to move the ball into field position. Our league punt return yards count the same as rushing/receiving 1pt for 10 yds, while kick return yards are toned down 1pt for 25 yds

Users who are viewing this thread