What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is your washing machine "intelligent"? (1 Viewer)

I have LG washer/dryer. Both have the capability to connect, but I don't use it. You can create custom settings for a wash or dry, but the standard ones seem fine. Also, I have no need to start my washer remotely. I wouldn't mind a reminder on my phone that my laundry is done, since I sometimes forget and leave clothes in the washer and have to wash them again the next day. Other than that, I can't see a purpose.

I sometimes forget and leave clothes in the washer and have to wash them again the next day.
?????????????
Not sure what you don't get here. Sometimes I run the washer and forget about it. If you leave wet clothes in a washer, they get a musty/mildewy smell, so they need to be washed again before putting them in the dryer.
Weird. Never had this problem. I guess I just figured the dryer took care of it.

The must/mildew smell? When was the last time you cleaned your washer?
Very easy fix.

If cleaning your washer doesn't fix that smell you have a water problem.

Very easy fix.

If you leave wet clothes in a washing machine, they are going to develop a mildew/musty smell. It has nothing to do with whether your washer is clean.

Very easy fix.

If you leave wet clothes in a washing machine, they are going to develop a mildew/musty smell. It has nothing to do with whether your washer is clean.
Either your clothes are clean or they are not. Must/mildew says not. I do not own a dryer and I don't always get to emptying the washer right after the cycle.
No musty smells. This isn't a hill I will die on. I'll leave it at that.

Very easy fix.

Either your clothes are clean or they are not. Must/mildew says not. I do not own a dryer and I don't always get to emptying the washer right after the cycle.
That does change the equation. I think I would wash them again, too.

I sometimes forget and leave clothes in the washer and have to wash them again the next day.
?????????????
Not sure what you don't get here. Sometimes I run the washer and forget about it. If you leave wet clothes in a washer, they get a musty/mildewy smell, so they need to be washed again before putting them in the dryer.
Weird. Never had this problem. I guess I just figured the dryer took care of it.
if you have ever noticed that people say you smell to you a lot this is why take that to the bank bromigo

?????????????
if you have ever noticed that people say you smell to you a lot this is why take that to the bank bromigo
I smell like money, bromingo.

• Love
Reactions: SWC
Very easy fix.

That smell doesn't happen until about 12 hours after a wash. It has nothing to do with being a clean washer or if your clothes were clean.

Doesn't happen often, but I've forgotten as well and they need a rewash.

TLDR; get a Speed Queen I bet they ain't got no stinkin internet connection.

Speed Queen is always the favorite in these discussions, but I look at Consumer Reports and LG has 13 of the top 15 recommended models including all of the top 7. There is one SQ model in the top 20. I would love a one-button machine. We're replacing a set we've had for 17 years and during that time have never figured out the different settings - just set the temp on the washing machine and we use the timer on the dryer.

Message to American Consumers from MoP...all new appliances are built to fail(friend has a local AC and Appliance shop), all new appliances are built to be replaced within 5-7 years, all the fancy gadgets and internet connections only create more things to break down so even when you fork out some big bucks you get no assurance that the product will last any longer.

-You think I'm joking? We had to buy a new Fridge and we are at that point in life where we should probably have one of the nicer fancier types but since I know how these new machines are designed to fail, let me share what we decided to buy...The Base MODEL from Maytag and I'm happy to link one for you. Less than $1,000, perhaps maybe even $750. It doesn't have an ice maker in the freezer which was the problem with the Fridge we inherited when we moved in here. Go back in time and see what large families had to make due with in the 50s and 60s and before that time so anyone that says they couldn't do it with their family is lying. Sure, we don't have enough room in there to stuff leftovers over a couple weeks ad let it rot and then pile more food on...oh yeah people are gross and disgusting(not you guys of course).

Base Fridge from Maytag, 10 year warranty and likely will get at least 15-20 years out of it, has virtually no moving pieces of any kind and IT WORKS!!!

Back to he W&D, right now we still have the set that came with our Condo, W&D stack from 1996-1997, guess what company? That's right, MAYTAG! It was having a little issue when we inherited it and we decided to lift up the hood sorta speak and that center churner in the middle was backed up with liquid detergent and other crap over a long long time, I doubt many would have cleaned it out to the bottom as we did but guess what? That thing is still blowing and going 6 years later and I know one day it will kick the bucket, that's when the Speed Queen will be inserted.

-I'm sure some of you will boast about having a set of W&D for a long time, awesome but most of the new stuff is pure CRAP! Samsung??? Might as well not even wash the clothes, they come out as smelly as they were when you put them in.
-FRONT LAODING WASHING MACHINES SUCK the BIG CHEESE!!!

@ChiefD had a thread or series of posts about A/C units which I encourage you to read up on, that guy knows what he's talking about. And don't get all butt hurt because I am blasting the machines in your house, it's not your fault you fall prey to marketing and house wives. All those lame features you think are amazingly connected to your Apple Watches is just horse manure to get you to pay more and get less, especially in terms of longevity.

Why is it so hard to just buy a good machine with less gizmos on it? I taught my son how to wash, dry and fold. Always amazes me how people cannot fold their clothes properly. I manage to get a lot in those little suitcases the airlines allow that used to be called overnight bags. If you can't fold a shirt into a little square like they have set at stores in the mall, you're doing it wrong!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Very easy fix.

That smell doesn't happen until about 12 hours after a wash. It has nothing to do with being a clean washer or if your clothes were clean.

Doesn't happen often, but I've forgotten as well and they need a rewash.
Exactly. If you forget you put clothes in the washer and go to bed, they probably need to get rewashed the next day. Bunch of people wearing smelly clothes in here.

Users who are viewing this thread