What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Issues with LeagueSafe (1 Viewer)

:lmao:

Jesus. So you were managing a team you didn't own or pay for.....

You sound like you have a big heart. You got your refund, didn't tell a sole, but wanted to do what's in the 'best interest of the league' 6+ weeks later...

:popcorn:
It's fine, this is about what I expected. I said what happened and you can crap all over it if you want to, but that's the truth.

I'm done here, but I will say that if the harassment continues that I'm going to involve the authorities. I do not deserve to be harassed at work or continually prank called. People seem to be forgetting that I have their real-life information as well.
Please do. Tell them I took the money, didn't tell anybody, and I cannot understand why they are harrassing me. :cry:

I can be the bad guy for making the bad decisions, but again, I did nothing illegal here, nor stole anything, nor had the intent to steal anything. My money was refunded 6 weeks before the start of the season before anything possibly happened to my team.
You are so full of ####. You knew very well that once you drafted your money was part of the league, not yours to get a refund on.

If you are person with any kind of ethics you pay the league back the money you owe them.

Jesus. So you were managing a team you didn't own or pay for.....

You sound like you have a big heart. You got your refund, didn't tell a sole, but wanted to do what's in the 'best interest of the league' 6+ weeks later...

:popcorn:
It's fine, this is about what I expected. I said what happened and you can crap all over it if you want to, but that's the truth.

I'm done here, but I will say that if the harassment continues that I'm going to involve the authorities. I do not deserve to be harassed at work or continually prank called. People seem to be forgetting that I have their real-life information as well.
I'm not in favor of people harassing you at work, but is $300 worth possibly losing your job when your boss finds out what an unethical person you are?

Think about it - how hard would it be for someone who knows where you work to send a letter to your boss detailing what you've done and link to this thread in it?

I can be the bad guy for making the bad decisions, but again, I did nothing illegal here, nor stole anything, nor had the intent to steal anything. My money was refunded 6 weeks before the start of the season before anything possibly happened to my team.
You are so full of ####. You knew very well that once you drafted your money was part of the league, not yours to get a refund on.

If you are person with any kind of ethics you pay the league back the money you owe them.
Let's not forget that his $ was in Leaguesafe for like 3-4 months before he decided to secretly withdraw it because he "overextended" himself. I wonder how many leagues he joined after that.

By the way, don't give me a whiny excuse that you had too many leagues to manage. I manage 23 teams, run my own law practice, make every one of my kids' sports games, and STILL have time to call out your crap.

People drop out of leagues all the time. Why keep it quiet? Do you honestly expect us to believe that you were actively shopping your team and thought someone would buy it after week 6 when you were 2-4? Why trade away Calvin at that point? Did you think that trading away the best player on your team would make team better and that having Calvin was the only thing holding you back from finding a replacement? Don't insult us.

Feel free to continue making me out to be the "bad guy" in all of this for allegedly harassing you. Let me know how that works out for you.
Like I said, I over committed and didn't have time to do the basic things in many leagues.
Yes, it certainly appears you joined too many leagues....

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695831

Your schedule free up the last couple days? :lmao:

Get back to that work project....
Damn. That guy is getting owned left and right in here. But leave him alone or he's going to contact the authorities. LOL

The prisons are full of guys with bigger sob stories than Josh Meyer's, guys taking it up the ### every night on a cold concrete floor while Meyer is at home comfortable in his White Skin Privilege.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see LeagueSafe step up.

Seems like a good way to help avoid, or at least quickly spot, issues like this would be notifying all league members via email of any transaction on their account.

And by the way, I do think Ignoratio Elenchi is an ironic name for him. His posts are generally pertinent to a topic, which is the opposite of an ignoratio elenchi argument.

He's a Little John of debates.

Hoss Style said:
Craig_MiamiFL said:
Phenomena said:
Jrodicus said:
People drop out of leagues all the time. Why keep it quiet? Do you honestly expect us to believe that you were actively shopping your team and thought someone would buy it after week 6 when you were 2-4? Why trade away Calvin at that point? Did you think that trading away the best player on your team would make team better and that having Calvin was the only thing holding you back from finding a replacement? Don't insult us.

Feel free to continue making me out to be the "bad guy" in all of this for allegedly harassing you. Let me know how that works out for you.
Like I said, I over committed and didn't have time to do the basic things in many leagues.
Yes, it certainly appears you joined too many leagues....

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695831

Your schedule free up the last couple days? :lmao:

Get back to that work project....
Ouch. Epitome of the term "busted".
Too funny. How about this league? http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=697075#entry16143552

Not enough time to do a once a week Football league, so let's join a daily Basketball fantasy league.

He created Phenomena on what, 10/30? Attempted to join two new leagues in two days! Yet has the balls to try to cry about being over extended.

I think I have joined one new league in three years, this guy averages a new league per day!

Man, I can't believe it, but Josh's explanation actually makes him sound MORE shady. He knowingly withdrew the money, didn't tell anyone, and even after he was caught he didn't do the right thing.

Then, on top of all that, he is trying to play the victim card because people are accusing him of stealing money when that's exactly what he did.

Okay... He's busted. And he made an alias so he can use the boards without harassment. He showed up to explain himself as best he could, and it wasn't sufficient for a lot of posters. He's labeled as a criminal, harassed in real life for his judgment, and people here advocate actually beating him.

Lighten up already.

The money is back, the owner has been replaced, the league is whole. Rejoice. Hats off to the excellent solution from LS, and enough with the one-upsmanship on severity of FUs that can be spewed on the guy that's already out of the picture.

Why turn back the clock now just to stay angry and mean? You upgraded owners and at long last, and any perceived losses have been recovered by the commish and a clever president at LS in an awkward PR bind. Bunch of winners in this scenario. Enjoy your league.

What did Joe used to say? Be more excellent?

Jrodicus said:
I can't speak for others, but the only piece of "personal" info I have for you is your email address.

Make a new one. Better yet, I'll sell you someone else's. It'll cost ya $306.
His gps coordinates are on the internet.

Okay... He's busted. And he made an alias so he can use the boards without harassment. He showed up to explain himself as best he could, and it wasn't sufficient for a lot of posters. He's labeled as a criminal, harassed in real life for his judgment, and people here advocate actually beating him.

Lighten up already.

The money is back, the owner has been replaced, the league is whole. Rejoice. Hats off to the excellent solution from LS, and enough with the one-upsmanship on severity of FUs that can be spewed on the guy that's already out of the picture.

Why turn back the clock now just to stay angry and mean? You upgraded owners and at long last, and any perceived losses have been recovered by the commish and a clever president at LS in an awkward PR bind. Bunch of winners in this scenario. Enjoy your league.

Yes, because all we need is this clown running around creating aliases and pulling this #### on others.

Who is to say he hasn't been pulling this #### for awhile? This league got lucky they checked LeagueSafe.when they did.

Is this the same doosh who reset the league schedule retroactively in week 8? I hate this guy.

Lighten up already.

Being more excellent starts with Josh. Pay his $300 back. That is a simple remedy. He played the league for free for 8 months before being caught. But he refuses to address this point.

Dude, just cut this year's payout by 9%, put the team in receivership status, and play with 11 owners.

It looks like Josh wanted to get out of the league. If he really wanted to swindle you he would have stayed as commish and asked for a refund of the entire league fees.
Dear Lord - I really hope that LeagueSafe wouldn't have given him everyone's money if he had asked for it.

You do understand that a refund goes back to the person that made payment, don't you? If he had asked for all of the buy-ins to be refunded, each of us would've gotten our buy-in back.

If Josh just wanted to get out of the league, why did he continue to play the first 7 weeks of the season.

You're killing me, smalls.
You need to ask him, but you are intent on making LS pay for your ineptness at being able to contact Josh and get the money from him. If you spent as much time trying to get the loser to pay up as you are on trying to get a big company to pay, you might be getting somewhere.

You got jobbed by a loser, find him and make him pay, or accept that fact and move on, but trying to make a company pay for something that someone else did to you is pathetic.

Dude, just cut this year's payout by 9%, put the team in receivership status, and play with 11 owners.

It looks like Josh wanted to get out of the league. If he really wanted to swindle you he would have stayed as commish and asked for a refund of the entire league fees.
That's our plan.

If he only wanted out of the league why didn't he tell anyone he got a refund instead of staying in the league, including making trades? The only way we found out is that he didn't set his lineup and someone checked LeagueSafe. He's a POS, there's no two ways about it.
Agreed 100%.

Your commissioner screwed up here and he's trying to make someone else pay for it.

Good stuff Pack.
I would agree with Pack, too, except through all the smoke-and-mirrors of deflecting blame, the OP eventually did bring up an excellent point where LS certainly could have been at fault.

I remember, because I was skipping over most of the OP's copy-and-paste transcripts until I saw you post this, IE:

Edit: Ah, I see this was your big reveal! Good work OP, though you probably could've saved yourself a big headache if you'd just gone this route in the first place. I agree that the manager's latest response is a bit flimsy, and you now have a decent argument to make.
I went back to read what you were talking about and tended to agree - the OP did have a point (finally) regarding LS. It wasn't cut and dry, but a decent point.

While I enjoy seeing a company man for LS come in and say he'd take care of the problem (it's not very common these days), I am a bit uncomfortable with him also saying they didn't do anything wrong and it's no ones fault. I think the OP tried to place blame because he wasn't paying attention to the T&C, LS isn't really top notch with some of their responses or the way they handle customers and hopefully both learn from this.

Am I reading you wrong IE? You did eventually agree that LS had some culpability in this, correct? After pages of himming and hawing from the accusor.

Josh, you would have been better off NOT responding to this thread at all. Because simply based on your responses, it makes you look and sound like a bigger d-bag than you already are. If you don't see how you were playing for FREE, then you either think we're all idiots, or you're even dumber than we thought.

Either pay us back the $306 you stole, or stop the lame excuses you've been making here...

I can be the bad guy for making the bad decisions, but again, I did nothing illegal here, nor stole anything, nor had the intent to steal anything. My money was refunded 6 weeks before the start of the season before anything possibly happened to my team. And at the time, I had a very good team for this year. There was nothing nefarious here.

Wow - some people really have no clue. Amazing.

I like the part where he says he's not hiding and has over extended himself then comes in with a different username (that he already posted from without announcing himself) that he recently created to look for new leagues.

So clearly he uses this place to find new leagues, if he was trying to sell the team as he says, there should definitely be a post somewhere where he advertises it and asks if there's any takers.

There is no way someone wouldn't have taken this team. I don't care how bad it is, we are all addicts to this sport and feel like we can turn any team around.

Where does this loser live? I'll be glad to let his boss know that he's involve in theft. Wouldn't surprise me if he committed this theft on company time with company computers.

Where does this loser live? I'll be glad to let his boss know that he's involve in theft. Wouldn't surprise me if he committed this theft on company time with company computers.
You don't have to try hard to find his real coordinates. People put weird info about themselves on the innernet.

can the first post be updated to show charch (owner of leaguesafe) actually responded directly in this thread and is personally rectifying the situation even though he doesn't believe league safe is at fault? i wouldn't have found that without scrolling through the whole thread to get to page 4

Users who are viewing this thread