What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Issues with LeagueSafe (1 Viewer)

Not sure what his motive was....why not inform the league in July? If he did stayed and won there is no way he could claim the money. Just to troll people I guess :(
My theory is that he thought he could claim that he didn't request the refund and that it was a mistake by LeagueSafe. I imagine he thought we'd all say, well you won the league it's your money.

As promised. Below are excerpts from the T & C page from 6/1/13. https://web.archive.org/web/20130601184532/http://leaguesafe.com/terms
The terms and conditions weren't drafted very well. This section should have read:

Optionally, a Commissioner may choose to establish a League Payment Deadline to an earlier date than LeagueSafe’s standard Season Payment Deadline. When this happens, LeagueSafe treats the League Payment Deadline identically to the normal Season Payment Deadline for purposes of this Payment Deadlines section only.

Without the bolded phrase or something like it, whether the League Payment Deadline should be treated identically to the normal Season Payment Deadline for purposes of the Refunds section is ambiguous.

Typically an ambiguous term is construed against the party who drafted it (since they were the ones who made it ambiguous). In this case, however, neither construction is really for or against Leaguesafe -- they aren't keeping the $300 no matter how the document is construed; it's just a question of whether they should pay it to Josh or to the league's winners.

Back in July, if there had been a dispute between Josh and the rest of the league about whether Josh was entitled to a refund under LeagueSafe's terms and conditions, who would have had the better argument? I don't think the answer is perfectly clear, but I'd side with the rest of the league against Josh.

I think LeagueSafe should pay the $300. (They could try to recover it from Josh, but it wouldn't be worth the effort.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=9.5pt]My name is Paul Charchian. I'm the president of LeagueSafe, and I'm a huge supporter of FootballGuys, and in particular, Joe, David, and Sigmund.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I want to start by offering apologies to Jared for his frustration with the situation. You feel that you've been slighted by $300. And rightfully so. You have been.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I also want to apologize to Joe and David, people I've known for over a decade, for having this thread in their community. I'm sorry this has come to your house.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]LeagueSafe handles hundreds of thousands of transactions. Virtually all of them go exactly as expected. This is an exception. And, we take it very seriously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I'm very proud of LeagueSafe's track record. When we started LeagueSafe in 2008-2009, lots of people in these forums posted assurances that LeagueSafe would steal everyone's money. That LeagueSafe would be out of business in a year or two.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Instead, we've seamlessly paid everyone. We've paid out many millions of dollars, and nobody has been shorted a penny. We've provided a dramatic improvement in league security over PayPal and snailmail. I encourage people to search the Shark Pool for stories of people who have been screwed out of money. You'll quickly see dozens of stories of commissioners running off with league funds when people didn't use LeagueSafe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]LeagueSafe is designed to be a solution, not a problem. Of course, we're not perfect. Which brings me back to Jared's situation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Jared, you've been swindled. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Josh stole $300 from your league when he A) asked us for a refund, B) didn't tell your league he had done so, and C) then played out his team for half a season before bailing on a losing team. That's stealing, plain and simple.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I can't help but wonder if Josh would have bailed in week seven if his team was 6-1.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]In my eyes, 99% of this situation is on Josh's shoulders. He's the bad guy here. It's not Beth or Laura or Jared or Paul. Josh knowingly, purposefully, stole from you and your league. I imagine Josh could be reading this right now, and smiling with the knowledge that he's stolen $300, yet LeagueSafe is being vilified.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Did LeagueSafe help Josh steal? When someone asks LeagueSafe for a refund, we don't know the circumstances. I think everyone will agree, we can't possibly know how legitimate the request is. We follow our guidelines. When Josh made the request, we were obligated to honor it. We did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]While we strive to maintain the integrity of each league's funds, we are also responsible to each individual. Had we denied Josh's refund in July, we would have been violating our duty to him, and our own Terms of Service.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Should LeagueSafe have notified the Jared when Josh was refunded? We posted an entry on the league's home page, notifying the league that Josh had been given a refund. We weren't obligated to. As we learn from #######s like Josh, we may need to offer more reporting of refunds. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]As most of you know, LeagueSafe is a trailblazing product. When I created LeagueSafe, there was nothing like it on the market. Even today, we believe we have 99% of the escrow business. That means that scams, like Josh's, get tried on us first.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]There are no templates for us to follow. Things happen that we can't anticipate. Or things happen that we anticipate incorrectly. We're human, and we're learning as we grow to accommodate our expanding user base…a user base that has people like Josh in it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Jared, I believe that LeagueSafe acted in 100% accordance with the Terms of Service on our site every step of the way. I also believe that Josh is the villain. He stole from you and your league. LeagueSafe has no obligation to double the wrongdoing and pay another $300. LeagueSafe won't do it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]But I will. Personally. I will buy Josh's ####ty team for $300. I will run it, try to improve it, and hopefully someday, resell it, and get my money back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I hope you will accept this offer. It puts $300 back in your league, and it protects the integrity of your league by putting a motivated owner in charge of Josh's team. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]My name is Paul Charchian. I'm the president of LeagueSafe, and I'm a huge supporter of FootballGuys, and in particular, Joe, David, and Sigmund.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I want to start by offering apologies to Jared for his frustration with the situation. You feel that you've been slighted by $300. And rightfully so. You have been.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I also want to apologize to Joe and David, people I've known for over a decade, for having this thread in their community. I'm sorry this has come to your house.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]LeagueSafe handles hundreds of thousands of transactions. Virtually all of them go exactly as expected. This is an exception. And, we take it very seriously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I'm very proud of LeagueSafe's track record. When we started LeagueSafe in 2008-2009, lots of people in these forums posted assurances that LeagueSafe would steal everyone's money. That LeagueSafe would be out of business in a year or two.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Instead, we've seamlessly paid everyone. We've paid out many millions of dollars, and nobody has been shorted a penny. We've provided a dramatic improvement in league security over PayPal and snailmail. I encourage people to search the Shark Pool for stories of people who have been screwed out of money. You'll quickly see dozens of stories of commissioners running off with league funds when people didn't use LeagueSafe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]LeagueSafe is designed to be a solution, not a problem. Of course, we're not perfect. Which brings me back to Jared's situation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Josh stole $300 from your league when he A) asked us for a refund, B) didn't tell your league he had done so, and C) then played out his team for half a season before bailing on a losing team. That's stealing, plain and simple.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I can't help but wonder if Josh would have bailed in week seven if his team was 6-1.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]In my eyes, 99% of this situation is on Josh's shoulders. He's the bad guy here. It's not Beth or Laura or Jared or Paul. Josh knowingly, purposefully, stole from you and your league. I imagine Josh could be reading this right now, and smiling with the knowledge that he's stolen $300, yet LeagueSafe is being vilified.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Did LeagueSafe help Josh steal? When someone asks LeagueSafe for a refund, we don't know the circumstances. I think everyone will agree, we can't possibly know how legitimate the request is. We follow our guidelines. When Josh made the request, we were obligated to honor it. We did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]While we strive to maintain the integrity of each league's funds, we are also responsible to each individual. Had we denied Josh's refund in July, we would have been violating our duty to him, and our own Terms of Service.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Should LeagueSafe have notified the Jared when Josh was refunded? We posted an entry on the league's home page, notifying the league that Josh had been given a refund. We weren't obligated to. As we learn from #######s like Josh, we may need to offer more reporting of refunds. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]As most of you know, LeagueSafe is a trailblazing product. When I created LeagueSafe, there was nothing like it on the market. Even today, we believe we have 99% of the escrow business. That means that scams, like Josh's, get tried on us first.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]There are no templates for us to follow. Things happen that we can't anticipate. Or things happen that we anticipate incorrectly. We're human, and we're learning as we grow to accommodate our expanding user base…a user base that has people like Josh in it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]Jared, I believe that LeagueSafe acted in 100% accordance with the Terms of Service on our site every step of the way. I also believe that Josh is the villain. He stole from you and your league. LeagueSafe has no obligation to double the wrongdoing and pay another $300. LeagueSafe won't do it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]But I will. Personally. I will buy Josh's ####ty team for $300. I will run it, try to improve it, and hopefully someday, resell it, and get my money back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]I hope you will accept this offer. It puts $300 back in your league, and it protects the integrity of your league by putting a motivated owner in charge of Josh's team. [/SIZE]
As a member of FLL4 and commish of FLL1 and FLL2, I respect this answer and I hope our commish accepts your offer.

:thumbup: Paul

:thumbup:

If the League Payment Deadline was set for 3.1.13 in this league, was the only reason Josh was able to get the refund on 7.30.13 because he had commissioner access at the time?

Not that I've ever thought about it, but I always thought after League Payment deadline no refunds could be issued (unless through the commissioner). *I haven't read through this entire thread, but that's how I've always understood things*

I would also look into something another poster brought up. Having a 'Majority Vote' so the commissioner can't simply refund their own entry fee (which if I'm understanding correctly, seems to be the case right now).

Kudos again on the offer. I think you are going above and beyond here & why my leagues will continue to use LeagueSafe.

As a member of FL IV I appreciate your offer and would welcome you to the league.

[SIZE=medium]Paul,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thank you for replying to these posts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As I said to Beth in one of the emails, I understand that mistakes happen. Despite best efforts, no person, or system, is perfect. The key to moving forward from a mistake is to acknowledge it and take measures so that it is not repeated. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]From the beginning, all I have been seeking for my league mates was rectification of the issue. I personally believe your offer to buy Josh’s team is a fair solution. However, given the chain of events, and our league by-laws, new owners must be approved. I will post a poll in our league homepage to vote on approval, along with my recommendation that we accept your offer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As Beth noted in her email, your refund policy was changed because of situations exactly like this one. I appreciate that you are taking steps to improve your service. I might suggest that you take some additional steps to help prevent issues like this from occurring in the future:[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=medium]Add “effective dates” to the T & C and other important pages. This would remove any doubt for when the current policy went into effect.[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=medium]Send the commissioner emails for any event that is posted in the “League Events” list. This happens for most transactions – such as deposits and changes to settings – but it doesn’t happen when a refund is given or an owner leaves the league (I don’t know if it happens when a refund is requested either).[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=medium]Clarify that the line in the “Payment Deadlines” stating “When this happens, LeagueSafe treats the League Payment Deadline identically to the normal Season Payment Deadline” is only applicable to payment deadlines. While it may not matter in regards to the refund policy currently since the T & C have been updated, there may be other places where this could create confusion and ambiguity.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I hope you will consider making these changes to improve the service you provide.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Please send me a message with the email address that you would like me to send the league invite to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Regards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]-Jared[/SIZE]

As a user of Leaguesafe with both friendly leagues (big money) and leagues with strangers (small money) I am unaffected by this. It is a unique situation since it is a dynasty format and there is no true off-season/start of season, but it seems like the guy just played his cards right and swindled the league. Leaguesafe admittedly saw this loophole being exploited, and has done their best to remedy it. Unfortunately for your league, you were stuck in that period of time in between the fix, and that sucks, but you've got to move on and deal with it. Leaguesafe appears to have their #### together on this issue, despite the first couple emails, which no doubt were a Support Person down the chain of command that was just giving canned responses, and isn't and shouldn't budge from their stance.

I was hoping to see Paul Charchian chime in here, as he's been known to do from time to time on Leaguesafe threads. Maybe he'll write you a personal check for $306 :)
Called it! :)

Also, Charch is amazing. Well done.

As a user of Leaguesafe with both friendly leagues (big money) and leagues with strangers (small money) I am unaffected by this. It is a unique situation since it is a dynasty format and there is no true off-season/start of season, but it seems like the guy just played his cards right and swindled the league. Leaguesafe admittedly saw this loophole being exploited, and has done their best to remedy it. Unfortunately for your league, you were stuck in that period of time in between the fix, and that sucks, but you've got to move on and deal with it. Leaguesafe appears to have their #### together on this issue, despite the first couple emails, which no doubt were a Support Person down the chain of command that was just giving canned responses, and isn't and shouldn't budge from their stance.

I was hoping to see Paul Charchian chime in here, as he's been known to do from time to time on Leaguesafe threads. Maybe he'll write you a personal check for $306 :)
Called it! :)

Also, Charch is amazing. Well done.
Yes, you nailed it!

While you have your crystal ball out, who should I sit/start this weekend? lol

Probably a win-win for everyone involved. Paul will get great publicity for this, and our league gets a motivated owner and full payouts this year.

The only loser here is Josh... (see what I did there?)

love the just take care of it attitude. and stepping up to take care of it. very appreciated, how could I not want someone who wants to make it right publicly in the league....more than welcome...

now, about calvin :)

Big Charch flashin that cash!

Good job out of you!

I guess Paul/Leaguesafe came up with a reasonable solution at the end, but given all the effort that the OP had to go through to get that, I'm not super impressed with how Leaguesafe handled this whole thing.

It seems that their customer service algorithm in situations like these is to just wear the consumer down. OP is way more persistent than I would have been and it was that persistence and not some great magnanimity on the part of Paul/LeagueSafe that was mostly responsible for this outcome.

In the end, the right thing was done, so although I still see this whole thing as negative for LeagueSafe, they still deserve some credit. Many companies would have handled it much worse.

Great job Paul.

Welcome aboard. We have a great core of devoted, experienced league members and this league will last. Too bad one tried to spoil it.

If

So how does leaguesafe handle payouts at the end of the year?
Either the commissioner controls payouts....

Or by majority league vote.

Always make sure your league goes with the latter. It's the 1st thing I look at when joining a LeagueSafe league.
Sounds messy. Either you're back to relying on a commish who can direct the funds to himself or half the owners in the league disappear and the funds are tied up.
If there aren't enough yes votes for payout within 7 days (either 51% or 100% of all owners based on settings) then it goes by just the people voting (either 51% or 100% of all voters)
Wonder what's happened when they've had a 100% league vote 11-1. Leaguesafe has to be sitting on unclaimed funds.
After a specified period of time, two weeks, or 30 days (I forget which) there is a LeagueSafe rep personally handling the account to verify the correct funds to be dispersed.

The same thing happens when a commish doesn't get involved to initiate the end of year vote (which, believe me, has happened... usually when the commish is doing poorly and doesn't continue managing the league.
The nerve of this guy, seriously. Just so everyone knows, this whole thing started because MEYERJ31 cheated our league. His other avatar is PHENOMENA which we just found out. He posted a response to this topic!!!

Now I have seen it all.

They always say to check the crowd watching the fire as the person who started it is standing there admiring their work.

Kudos again on the offer. I think you are going above and beyond here & why my leagues will continue to use LeagueSafe.
The offer to take over the team AND pay in the $300 that was stolen by Josh is way more than just above and beyond. Incredibly generous and smart business move too in regards to the company name. Good work by the original poster of this thread too. Hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease! You've got to voice your concerns over a situation like this, and you never know - you might get a great offer out of the deal, like this one.

[SIZE=9.5pt]Jared, you've been swindled. [/SIZE][SIZE=9.5pt]Josh stole $300 from your league when he A) asked us for a refund, B) didn't tell your league he had done so, and C) then played out his team for half a season before bailing on a losing team. That's stealing, plain and simple.[/SIZE]

Glad Charch posted here. They've got a great service. Although a loophole must have been found at the time, it was Josh who willfully tried to pull one over on the league. Blame him, be more cautious, and move on.

The nerve of this guy, seriously. Just so everyone knows, this whole thing started because MEYERJ31 cheated our league. His other avatar is PHENOMENA which we just found out. He posted a response to this topic!!!

Now I have seen it all.

They always say to check the crowd watching the fire as the person who started it is standing there admiring their work.
This post shouldn't be ignored. I'm impressed...how did you find out his alias?

Now I have seen it all.

It's called Google.

No one is trying to hide. I'm tired of being harassed (which is what the league is doing, since they know my real life information) for doing nothing illegal and doing my best to make the situation right after the refund. I refunded the team because I grossly overextended myself in fantasy football this year from a monetary and time standpoint. It's been a bit of an addiction so I cut out several leagues, including the Legends league.

I had a good team after the draft... Calvin, Lynch, etc... but still requested a refund 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the season in order to pay other bills. I honestly tried my best to find another owner, but could not do so. Nothing was nefarious, here, and I obviously should have spoken up sooner and/or just paid the $300 back before it got to this point. But the insinuations that I was stealing from people is ridiculous. I wasn't trying to screw anyone.

I couldn't have possibly won any money because I wasn't even registered on LeagueSafe to receive funds from that league after the refund. I continued to manage the league because I thought that was the fair thing to do until I could find another owner. I couldn't, and it just devolved from there once someone noticed I was not registered on LeagueSafe anymore.

My mistake was not telling the leaguemates immediately and asking their help for a replacement given that I was in an overextended situation, and for that I apologize. And for letting it get to this point before speaking up. And for the backlash against LeagueSafe that was unwarranted given they did nothing wrong. So, I apologize for all that. I also didn't think I was exploiting anything with LeagueSafe... I thought you could always get a refund prior to the start of the season? If not, then I'm mistaken.

I have too much going well for me in my life to try to scam a few hundred or thousand dollars from people. I'm involved in many other leagues, probably with a lot of people from these boards, and there's never been any issues. If you don't believe me about all this there's nothing else I can say, but the harassment needs to stop.

Finally exposed. And a lackluster mea culpa.

This is going to be awesome.

But...but...this guy's other teams are "ballin"!

League safe is just as untrustworthy as any other owner or wcoff. People you don't know may commit fraud.

Seems pretty clear league safe had terrible loopholes in its practices, to the point of negligence. If they had the least bit of pr savvy and common sense they'd have refunded the money even if they legally thought they didn't need to.

Seems like a small time operation which would concern me like any of the sites that run leagues and seemingly have issues payng people at some point running their businesses like a Ponzi scheme. If nothing else this is a red flag about the site.

If the commish can swindle people by withdrawing money from league safe, what point is it to use the site?

And lol at the president of league safe saying the bad guy is one of the league members.

the whole purpose of league safe is to stop just that. Rofl what a joke.

Now I have seen it all.

It's called Google.

No one is trying to hide. I'm tired of being harassed (which is what the league is doing, since they know my real life information) for doing nothing illegal and doing my best to make the situation right after the refund. I refunded the team because I grossly overextended myself in fantasy football this year from a monetary and time standpoint. It's been a bit of an addiction so I cut out several leagues, including the Legends league.

I had a good team after the draft... Calvin, Lynch, etc... but still requested a refund 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the season in order to pay other bills. I honestly tried my best to find another owner, but could not do so. Nothing was nefarious, here, and I obviously should have spoken up sooner and/or just paid the $300 back before it got to this point. But the insinuations that I was stealing from people is ridiculous. I wasn't trying to screw anyone.

I couldn't have possibly won any money because I wasn't even registered on LeagueSafe to receive funds from that league after the refund. I continued to manage the league because I thought that was the fair thing to do until I could find another owner. I couldn't, and it just devolved from there once someone noticed I was not registered on LeagueSafe anymore.

My mistake was not telling the leaguemates immediately and asking their help for a replacement given that I was in an overextended situation, and for that I apologize. And for letting it get to this point before speaking up. And for the backlash against LeagueSafe that was unwarranted given they did nothing wrong. So, I apologize for all that. I also didn't think I was exploiting anything with LeagueSafe... I thought you could always get a refund prior to the start of the season? If not, then I'm mistaken.

I have too much going well for me in my life to try to scam a few hundred or thousand dollars from people. I'm involved in many other leagues, probably with a lot of people from these boards, and there's never been any issues. If you don't believe me about all this there's nothing else I can say, but the harassment needs to stop.
Your former leaguemates owe you nothing. Just like you felt you owed them nothing by bailing. :shrug:

If using an alias to post isn't hiding, I don't know what is. Awfully big of you to post after your alias was outed. I'm sure the league can tell If you were still setting lineups during the season by your last login date. [Maybe you can be upfront here and state whether you were still setting lineups or not -- I really have no desire to read the whole story beginning to end.] If you're setting lineups/making trades etc.. your story is full of ####. If the case, you were playing for free & you damn well know it.

You may as well create another alias because you're ####ed around here under those 2 names.

Now I have seen it all.

It's called Google.

I have too much going well for me in my life to try to scam a few hundred or thousand dollars from people. I'm involved in 8 other leagues, probably with a lot of people from these boards, and there's never been any issues. If you don't believe me about all this there's nothing else I can say, but the harassment needs to stop.
You may have been better off keeping silent - just like you kept silent for the 2 months after you took "your" money out of the LeagueSafe account.

Not that I would expect you to tell the truth, but to set the record straight:

I emailed you last Sunday, when you started 4 guys on bye week, to see if everything was okay. I had sent you a trade offer the previous week, and you never responded. That didn't seem like something you would do, and I was genuinely concerned that something had happened to you.

YOU removed all of your contact info from the league page. If you weren't trying to hide, why didn't you reply to my email, and why did you remove your contact info?

Getting a refund didn't prevent you from playing in the league for 7 weeks, so why would not being registered in LeagueSafe prevent you from claiming that you made a mistake and asking for your winnings if you made it far into the playoffs?

...it just devolved from there once someone noticed I was not registered on LeagueSafe anymore.
We only found out what you did on LeagueSafe after you stopped setting your lineup and didn't respond to any emails.

I didn't notice that you started using the same name and avatar here that you use in that actuarial forum - another poster on FBG found you and showed me.

I will say - I did google your name and email to see if you had posted in any "help wanted" fantasy football forums. I did find one - a start-up that you commish. I emailed other people that had replied to your post. This was very soon after it was discovered that you had gotten your refund from LeagueSafe, and we weren't sure exactly what was going on. I thought it was my duty to let these people know what was done in our league by a person who was currently commissioning one of theirs. I will not apologize for doing this, as I genuinely hope they would do that for me if the roles were reversed.

People drop out of leagues all the time. Why keep it quiet? Do you honestly expect us to believe that you were actively shopping your team and thought someone would buy it after week 6 when you were 2-4? Why trade away Calvin at that point? Did you think that trading away the best player on the team would make it better and that having Calvin was the only thing holding you back from finding a replacement? Don't insult us.

Feel free to continue making me out to be the "bad guy" in all of this for allegedly harassing you. Let me know how that works out for you.

People drop out of leagues all the time. Why keep it quiet? Do you honestly expect us to believe that you were actively shopping your team and thought someone would buy it after week 6 when you were 2-4? Why trade away Calvin at that point? Did you think that trading away the best player on your team would make team better and that having Calvin was the only thing holding you back from finding a replacement? Don't insult us.

Feel free to continue making me out to be the "bad guy" in all of this for allegedly harassing you. Let me know how that works out for you.
The lineup thing was not intentional... I accidentally started people on bye last week in other leagues. Like I said, I over committed and didn't have time to do the basic things in many leagues. Even right now, I'm supposed to be putting the final touches on a large work project (yea, on a Saturday), but I'm responding on a FF forum to clear up whatever I can about it. I can be the bad guy for making the bad decisions, but again, I did nothing illegal here, nor stole anything, nor had the intent to steal anything. My money was refunded 6 weeks before the start of the season before anything possibly happened to my team. And at the time, I had a very good team for this year. There was nothing nefarious here. I don't deserve to be harassed in real life over this situation when nothing of yours was at stake and I left way before my team supposedly got worse. And yea, I thought the trade might help the value of my team. If Calvin had gotten KO'd for the season instead of Finley we wouldn't be having that conversation.

People drop out of leagues all the time. Why keep it quiet? Do you honestly expect us to believe that you were actively shopping your team and thought someone would buy it after week 6 when you were 2-4? Why trade away Calvin at that point? Did you think that trading away the best player on your team would make team better and that having Calvin was the only thing holding you back from finding a replacement? Don't insult us.

The lineup thing was not intentional... I accidentally started people on bye last week in other leagues. Like I said, I over committed and didn't have time to do the basic things in many leagues. Even right now, I'm supposed to be putting the final touches on a large work project (yea, on a Saturday), but I'm responding on a FF forum to clear up whatever I can about it. I can be the bad guy for making the bad decisions, but again, I did nothing illegal here, nor stole anything, nor had the intent to steal anything. My money was refunded 6 weeks before the start of the season before anything possibly happened to my team. And at the time, I had a very good team for this year. There was nothing nefarious here. I don't deserve to be harassed in real life over this situation when nothing of yours was at stake and I left way before my team supposedly got worse. And yea, I thought the trade might help the value of my team. If Calvin had gotten KO'd for the season instead of Finley we wouldn't be having that conversation.
So you openly admit you were playing for free.......

Thanks for clearing that up. Keep digging...

***DON'T LET US TAKE UP ANY MORE OF YOUR TIME!!! WE WOULDN'T TO GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR WORK AND OTHER 12 FANTASY LEAGUES THAT YOU'RE DOMINATING!!! ***

:lmao:

This guy needs an ### whipping for having the balls to post that crap
Wreck-

They know my real life info, so why don't you get it from them and come find me to give me that whipping? I posted the truth. Everyone on these boards is a critic so I did not expect any sympathy, but it's past time I tried to moderately clear up the situation. That's the best I can do. Thanks for listening, even if you don't agree.

And ho about why are you just now responding to the issue since you've been "outed" again? You already posted to this thread once - why didn't you come clean then?

You do realize that just because the game is called "fantasy" football, it doesn't meant this isn't real life, don't you? We're not playing for Monopoly money or matchsticks here. It's not Survivor where lying and stealing is built in as part of the game.

Paying the buy-in is what gives you the right to play-in the league. How do you reconcile playing in the league for 7 weeks without having bought in? It's like changing your mind about leasing an apartment, somehow getting your money back, but still sleeping in the apartment anyway. And you don't see anything wrong with that?

***DON'T LET US TAKE UP ANY MORE OF YOUR TIME!!! WE WOULDN'T TO GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR WORK AND OTHER 12 FANTASY LEAGUES THAT YOU'RE DOMINATING!!! ***
It's 8. And no, I was not playing for "free." I thought the trade might help the value of the team so I could sell it easier. How is that so hard to understand?

It's 8. And no, I was not playing for "free." I thought the trade might help the value of the team so I could sell it easier. How is that so hard to understand?

Jesus. So you were managing a team you didn't own or pay for.....

You sound like you have a big heart. You got your refund, didn't tell a sole, but wanted to do what's in the 'best interest of the league' 6+ weeks later...

:popcorn:

I can't speak for others, but the only piece of "personal" info I have for you is your email address.

Make a new one. Better yet, I'll sell you someone else's. It'll cost ya $306.

You sound like you have a big heart. You got your refund, didn't tell a sole, but wanted to do what's in the 'best interest of the league' 6+ weeks later...

It's fine, this is about what I expected. I said what happened and you can crap all over it if you want to, but that's the truth.

I'm done here, but I will say that if the harassment continues that I'm going to involve the authorities. I do not deserve to be harassed at work or continually prank called. People seem to be forgetting that I have their real-life information as well.

It's fine, this is about what I expected. I said what happened and you can crap all over it if you want to, but that's the truth.

I'm done here, but I will say that if the harassment continues that I'm going to involve the authorities. I do not deserve to be harassed at work or continually prank called. People seem to be forgetting that I have their real-life information as well.
You stole $300 and are threatening to call the cops. You're a piece of work.

If you are half the man you claim to be give the league their money back.

Like I said, I over committed and didn't have time to do the basic things in many leagues.
Yes, it certainly appears you joined too many leagues....

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695831

Your schedule free up the last couple days? :lmao:

Get back to that work project....

Like I said, I over committed and didn't have time to do the basic things in many leagues.
Yes, it certainly appears you joined too many leagues....

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695831

Your schedule free up the last couple days? :lmao:

Get back to that work project....
Ouch. Epitome of the term "busted".

Put this scenario in any other circumstance, and Josh saying he did nothing wrong sells incredibly stupid.

Josh walks into a Best Buy and gets a brand new PS4. After paying for it, but before leaving the store, he decides he wants his money back.

Josh notices that there is no cashier by one of the registers. The cash register is XYZ brand, and he knows that there is a 3-button combination that will open the money drawer. He types in the combination, gets his money back, then leaves the store with the money and the PS4.

Josh takes the PS4 home, plays it, and allegedly tries to sell it. He wrecks the PS4, then throws it in the dumpster behind Best Buy out of spite.

Best Buy finds the PS4 in the dumpster. They check the cash register and see it's missing the money. They use Josh's personal info to hunt him down to try and get their money, and they give his info to other stores so they know not to trust him.

Josh, life in turmoil, claims that he did nothing wrong since that 3 - button combination allowed the cash register to open.

Just....wow.

No need to go on, man. The post a few above this that shows he is looking for another league 2 days ago is basically the /end.

This is very simple. Send $300 to Jrodicus and make it right. I still haven't read that you will.....

Craig is exactly right. You just need to make it right at this point, because no matter what you say, you are cornered.

For once I do not have to do the cross-examination. I just get to watch a bunch of other bright guys point out all of your contradictions.

Send $300 to Jrodicus.

Users who are viewing this thread