What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It was a tremendous raid. (2 Viewers)

show the citizens of this country that they were right in doing what they did
They did...by walking out with the documents they were after....Trump's lawyers agree. You need a new talking point. The group you claim you can't trust is the one you are demanding the info from.....it's a convenient "standard" / "demand" that will never be met. It's pretty obvious.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Dan Eggen

@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

The former president’s current legal team includes a Florida insurance lawyer who’s never had a federal case, a past general counsel for parking garage company, and a former host at far-right One America News.

Former president Donald Trump and close aides have spent the eight days since the FBI searched his Florida home rushing to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers. But the answer they keep hearing is “no.”

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

The former president’s current legal team includes a Florida insurance lawyer who’s never had a federal case, a past general counsel for parking garage company, and a former host at far-right One America News.

Former president Donald Trump and close aides have spent the eight days since the FBI searched his Florida home rushing to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers. But the answer they keep hearing is “no.”
Four Season’s Landscaping press conference upcoming!

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

He's lost without Rudy :violin:

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

After he stiffed Giuliani, left he and Cohen to the wolves, anyone willing to represent him is suspect to me. Not to mention the reputations of lawyers and their firms he ruined trying to defend his stolen election lie.

Thank you for posting, sounds like bottom of the barrel opportunists are all that's left.

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

lawyers turning down a ex-presidents business really tells you all you need to know.

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

He's lost without Rudy :violin:
joke i saw this morning about his trouble in GA.

Where will Rudy show up?
-Courtyard by Marriot
-A random basketball court
-The set of Night Court tv show
-The actual courthouse in Georgia

it is absolutely ridiculous the lengths that some will go to justify trumps theft of government property i am old enough to remember when the republican party was the party of law and order i guess they no longer care for that title take that to the bank bromigos
They meant the TV show bromigo. They were huge Jerry Orbach fans.

Last edited:
it is absolutely ridiculous the lengths that some will go to justify trumps theft of government property i am old enough to remember when the republican party was the party of law and order i guess they no longer care for that title take that to the bank bromigos
The meant the TV show bromigo. They were huge Jerry Orbach fans.
well to be fair who wasnt and old sam waterson cripes he could stop a ******** train with his closings take that to the bank brochacho

How is it ever going to be proven to you when you don't believe the sources tasked with proving it?

independent counsel maybe

look, liberals/left/Democrats will NOT believe anything GOP/Trump puts out, isn't that fair to say ? then it shouldn't be a surprise the right/conservatives/GOP isn't going to believe anything that DNC/Biden puts out and, there are so many examples of Fed Govt lying over the years, why is it such a surprise to be skeptical here ?

it really is amazing watching people believe what they're fed via media, we all are guilty of it

Pence Calls on Republicans to Stop Assailing the F.B.I. After Mar-a-Lago Search

Good. Now talk to the J6 committee, DOJ, and testify under oath.

ETA
Of course the bolded part is bunk.

Our party stands with the men and women who stand on the thin blue line at the federal and state and local level, and these attacks on the F.B.I. must stop,” Mr. Pence said

Absolutely ridiculous how the GOP acts as if they have a monopoly on patriotism. Not to mention the staggering hypocrisy of their "law and order" platform.

How is it ever going to be proven to you when you don't believe the sources tasked with proving it?

look, liberals/left/Democrats will NOT believe anything GOP/Trump puts out, isn't that fair to say ? then it shouldn't be a surprise the right/conservatives/GOP isn't going to believe anything that DNC/Biden puts out and, there are so many examples of Fed Govt lying over the years, why is it such a surprise to be skeptical here ?

it really is amazing watching people believe what they're fed via media, we all are guilty of it
You didn't believe Mueller, so why would this time be any different?

The rest of your post is just noise and not worth responding to.

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

Trump Lawyers have a history of not getting paid and getting indicted and/or losing their license. He consistently ignores their requests to keep silent. I wonder why no reputable lawyers want to represent him. What could go wrong?

The Payback for Mar-a-Lago Will Be Brutal​

What went around Monday will come around hard for the Democrats when Republicans control the Justice Department and FBI.​

By Kimberley A. Strassel
Follow

Potomac Watch: The Justice Department and FBI have said little about the raid on Donald Trump's residence in Mar-a-Lago, but they are happy to talk about January 6. Images: Associated Press Composite: Mark Kelly
Trump derangement syndrome has a curious way of scrambling coherent thought. Witness the Democratic-media complex’s blind insistence the Justice Department raid on Donald Trump’s home is just and necessary—rather than a dangerous move for their party and the republic.
In descending on Mar-a-Lago, the department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation shifted the U.S. into the category of countries whose ruling parties use government power to investigate political rivals. No attorney general has ever signed off on a raid on a former president’s home, in what could be the groundwork for criminal charges.
Well it's a good thing we don't have to worry about that since the Rs will put forth 3 time loser Trump up against someone not named Biden with booming, open economy to campaign on as well as the constant barrage of January 6th ads, Trump mishandling classified materials ads, the repeal of RvW. This November is not going to be a huge red wave like Rs expect. The Ds will keep the Senate and Rs will pick up a small majority in the House. The economy is improving, the country is open, inflation is going down. Plus Rs keep putting forth election deniers, what regular person wants to vote for an election denier? November is a long way away.

This thread is hilarious. You guys are hilarious. Orange man has you. :lmao:
Do you think Donald Trump should face any consequences for illegally removing and possessing classified documents?
Rather than laugh at other posts, why don't you engage? It gets boring in here when there is no "other side" besides stealthy telling us that JFK murder was bunk and Epstein didn't hang himself. What is your take on all this?

frankly, this says more about republicans than democrats. Infantile children willing to tear it all down...and why? Because their leader broke some rules? And, more specifically, rules put in place 40 years ago because another republican president broke rules.
The behavior is very childlike. Someone posted a tweet the other day of a kindergarten teacher talking to Trump like he's a child. It's as though we need to teach adults that it's not ok to behave in a certain way just because someone else did it first. Take responsibility for your actions, for godsake.
That was me.
And here is a new one by her on the lawyer issue.

Trump and allies: What about how Obama took 30 million records to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!

National Archives: We took the records to Chicago and maintain them there

Trump: Much of that Chicago haul is classified!!!!!!!!!!!!

National Archives: No
I think it's important to note that this was the first defense that Trump levied. He didn't come out and say, "but I declassified it", or "it's privileged communication" or "the FBI is making everything up". No, his first defense was "whatabout Obama?"

That's how you know the rest of the defenses are bunk.
One of the fiirst defenses I encountered was "Possession is 90% of the law"
has "finders, keepers...losers, weepers" been judicially tested?

Revenge!

Great. That's what we need. Frankly it's like dealing with children (the reporter in this instance).

if it happens, just remind yourself the DOJ is honest, truthful, believable and they had good reason for ransacking Biden's place or Hillary's or Obama's and immediately believe what you're told

in other words, go about it in the future the same as we've seen the left go about this mar a lago warrant/search/confiscation

why should it be any different (assuming it happens in the future) ??
again, I don’t think you understand how search warrants work. I implore you to look at procedure for obtaining a search warrant.

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

lawyers turning down a ex-presidents business really tells you all you need to know.
I hear that ”very serious“ lawyer Sydney Powell is available.

Its not just the media or the govt....its also trumps own lawyers. And you didnt believe the last independent counsel either. But try to convince yourself I guess.

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

Unfortunately, she's busy defending against the Texas State Bar Association's lawsuit for professional misconduct that may result in her disbarment.

Its not just the media or the govt....its also trumps own lawyers. And you didnt believe the last independent counsel either. But try to convince yourself I guess.
Independent Counsel only after it’s found out who they’ve voted for the past 20yrs (state and local and better be all gop or instant disqualification), where they’ve lived (better not be Cali or NY), who their friends voted for and what they had for dinner the past 2 months. After all that lines up maybe the conclusion they draw will be believed IF it coincides with preconceived personal bias and access to all classified documents in question be given. Sound about right?

Independent Counsel only after it’s found out who they’ve voted for the past 20yrs (state and local and better be all gop or instant disqualification), where they’ve lived (better not be Cali or NY), who their friends voted for and what they had for dinner the past 2 months. After all that lines up maybe the conclusion they draw will be believed IF it coincides with preconceived personal bias and access to all classified documents in question be given. Sound about right?
The special council members have also never come to a conclusion that was perceived as misleading or been associated with an organization that has a perception that they have lied.

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

Unfortunately, she's busy defending against the Texas State Bar Association's lawsuit for professional misconduct that may result in her disbarment.
I think we may have a shortage of ethical lawyers.

Dan Eggen
@DanEggenWPost
·
18h

I think we may have a shortage of ethical lawyers.
Don’t worry. Once the Kracken is released that will clear everything up. 2 weeks.

can we agree just to allow Trump voting Republican's to do the review? why not ?

can we agree just to allow Trump voting Republican's to do the review? why not ?
lol, in what world does that seem reasonable to you? Maybe just let Jr do it? I 100% guarantee that at least 2/3rds of the FBI voted for Trump.

Holy smokes.

:fishing:

for a minute I thought this was a serious reply. Good one.

I can't believe anyone would believe Trump over anyone. If Bernie Madoff and Donald Trump each were selling a used car, I would buy the car of Madoff everytime.

I can't believe you believe the Fed Govt - they've lied and thieved for hundreds of years, Trump has only been at it a few decades

And here is your proof he has been trolling page after page and thread after thread.

He will defend and believe Trump because he has only been a lying conman for a few decades. JFC.
Trump is the greatest con man of all time. When you consider the stakes. Not even close. He has people completely brainwashed.

LMAO...you say Trump lied about her never working at MAL and when I call you out on it, the story changes.
And people wonder why "Trump lies" get questioned.
Too funny.
Trump claiming he “hardly knew” his chief of staff’s very attractive top intern is so ridiculously unbelievable it is laughable. The truth has no normative meaning to Trump.

Trump considering releasing surveillance footage of FBI Mar-a-Lago search

Some allies of former President Donald Trump are urging him to publicly release surveillance footage of FBI agents executing a search warrant on his Mar-a-Lago residence, a proposal that has drawn mixed reaction inside his orbit, CNN has learned.
The CCTV footage has been so closely held that aides to the former President aren't sure if he has seen it in full himself, said a person close to Trump.
"I don't think it's been shared by anyone outside of the attorneys," this person said.
Yet when asked earlier this week by Fox's Sean Hannity whether the footage would be released, Trump's son Eric said, "Absolutely Sean, at the right time. "

Some of Trump's aides and allies have encouraged the former President to make some of the footage available to the public, believing it could send a jolt of energy through the Republican Party's base. One person familiar with the conversations said there have been discussions about featuring the August footage in campaign-style ads, believing the footage could bolster Trump's claims of political persecution.
Another person close to Trump said it's not a matter of if the former President and his team release any of the footage, but when, noting it could be released before he makes a campaign announcement.

Others in Trump's orbit have warned of the potential risks to the former President if he does release the tapes. A second person close to Trump cautioned that releasing the footage could backfire by providing people with a visual understanding of the sheer volume of materials that federal agents seized from his oceanfront residence, :ROFLMAO:including classified materials.

Some allies of former President Donald Trump are urging him to publicly release surveillance footage of FBI agents executing a search warrant on his Mar-a-Lago residence, a proposal that has drawn mixed reaction inside his orbit, CNN has learned.
The CCTV footage has been so closely held that aides to the former President aren't sure if he has seen it in full himself, said a person close to Trump.
"I don't think it's been shared by anyone outside of the attorneys," this person said.
Yet when asked earlier this week by Fox's Sean Hannity whether the footage would be released, Trump's son Eric said, "Absolutely Sean, at the right time. "

Some of Trump's aides and allies have encouraged the former President to make some of the footage available to the public, believing it could send a jolt of energy through the Republican Party's base. One person familiar with the conversations said there have been discussions about featuring the August footage in campaign-style ads, believing the footage could bolster Trump's claims of political persecution.
Another person close to Trump said it's not a matter of if the former President and his team release any of the footage, but when, noting it could be released before he makes a campaign announcement.

Others in Trump's orbit have warned of the potential risks to the former President if he does release the tapes. A second person close to Trump cautioned that releasing the footage could backfire by providing people with a visual understanding of the sheer volume of materials that federal agents seized from his oceanfront residence, :ROFLMAO:including classified materials.
Please release the footage Trump, your base will eat it up.

I think it’s a great idea if I’m advising Trump. Kick off his campaign by showing heavily edited clips of the “raid” that make it look like the cops descending on the Griswold Household circa Christmas Eve 1989.

They will swallow that hook whole.

Users who are viewing this thread