What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's time for DODGER baseball! (1 Viewer)

BRONG

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY
I don't know how much there is to look forward to but you never know. Man, have the McCourts been a cancer...

I can at least look forward to hanging on every last word from Vin Scully, in his 61st year. There's no one in any sport I've enjoyed listening to more. It will never be quite the same for me.

Until then,

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mattingly is/was my favorite player of all time in any sport. Really hope he does well and am rooting for you guys. No reason they can't contend. And yes, Vin Scully is the voice of God in the booth.

The rotation looks pretty solid. If you've got pitching, you've got a chance.

I can't believe Tony Gwynn Jr. and Jay Gibbons are in the OF mix for a big market team.

Watching the ESPN feed, and they rightfully take a moment to fluff Scully.....

Love the fact that he has an autographed picture of The Honky Tonk Man in the booth behind him

:lmao:

Watching the ESPN feed, and they rightfully take a moment to fluff Scully.....Love the fact that he has an autographed picture of The Honky Tonk Man in the booth behind him:lmao:
:lmao: I came here to see who the hell that was, nice! Who was the other dude? Looked like an old Green Bay Packer, #33? Couldn't make out the 2nd number...

I have no idea what this season will hold. But, I do know that I can't wait for the McCourts to appear in the rear-view mirror.

'DA RAIDERS said:
Went to the game tonight. Good times!
CHAVEZ RAVINE (KTLA) -- Police are searching for two suspects after a San Francisco Giants fan was critically beaten in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium after Thursday night's season opener.Police say the assault happened around 8:30 p.m. in Parking Lot 2.The victim and two friends, who were wearing Giants apparel, were approached by two men in Dodgers clothing, according to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg.The men attacked the trio, Rosenberg said, kicking and punching them while shouting expletives about the Giants.One of the victims was hospitalized in critical condition with a head injury.Police said at least two people were arrested for public intoxication in the Dodger Stadium parking lot Thursday night. More than 130 were arrested on opening day last year.

'DA RAIDERS said:
Went to the game tonight. Good times!
CHAVEZ RAVINE (KTLA) -- Police are searching for two suspects after a San Francisco Giants fan was critically beaten in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium after Thursday night's season opener.Police say the assault happened around 8:30 p.m. in Parking Lot 2.The victim and two friends, who were wearing Giants apparel, were approached by two men in Dodgers clothing, according to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg.The men attacked the trio, Rosenberg said, kicking and punching them while shouting expletives about the Giants.One of the victims was hospitalized in critical condition with a head injury.Police said at least two people were arrested for public intoxication in the Dodger Stadium parking lot Thursday night. More than 130 were arrested on opening day last year.
Dodger fans ---> :finger: :thumbdown:

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! Kemp goes from first to third on a grounder to third. Next batter flies out to left and he scores. GREAT sign. Listening to Lopes and Mattingly finally, instead of Rihanna. :D

It's amazing that they don't already have surveillance camera's all over the parking lot of Dodgers Stadium.
:goodposting: I went to a game last year with a group of Giants fans...we came soooclose to getting in a massive brawl. A couple parking attendants directing traffic saw it happening and did nothing to intervene (not even call security). Security at that park is a joke and a disgrace. I've been to at least half a dozen stadiums and not one of them comes close to the crap that passes for security there.

:cry:

It always takes 2 to tango. I only saw 2 idiot dodger fans that were obviously wasted and taking it too far. Other than that, normal #### talking. We were with a giant fan, in his colors, and had no problems. The moronic giant fans, 2 sections over, that got thrown out in the 6th were constantly turning around, flipping off the crowd, grabbing their junk, reacting to each and every slight.

I don't condone what happened to those people that got hurt. but when I wear my team colors to away venues, I just don't react to anyone's #### talking. It's that simple. And trust me that as a raider fan, I am at the end of a lot of grief, no matter where I go. And there's no love lost in SoCAl as a red sox fan either.

'DA RAIDERS said:
:cry:It always takes 2 to tango. I only saw 2 idiot dodger fans that were obviously wasted and taking it too far. Other than that, normal #### talking. We were with a giant fan, in his colors, and had no problems. The moronic giant fans, 2 sections over, that got thrown out in the 6th were constantly turning around, flipping off the crowd, grabbing their junk, reacting to each and every slight. I don't condone what happened to those people that got hurt. but when I wear my team colors to away venues, I just don't react to anyone's #### talking. It's that simple. And trust me that as a raider fan, I am at the end of a lot of grief, no matter where I go. And there's no love lost in SoCAl as a red sox fan either.
Trash talking takes place everywhere. I've openly cheered against the Red Sox, Cubs, and Yankees in their home stadiums. And plenty of other stadiums. I'm a Dodgers fan after I'm an A's fan, but the crap that takes place at Dodger stadium is a special type of nonsense I've yet to see anywhere else.It's ridiculous.

'DA RAIDERS said:
:cry:It always takes 2 to tango. I only saw 2 idiot dodger fans that were obviously wasted and taking it too far. Other than that, normal #### talking. We were with a giant fan, in his colors, and had no problems. The moronic giant fans, 2 sections over, that got thrown out in the 6th were constantly turning around, flipping off the crowd, grabbing their junk, reacting to each and every slight. I don't condone what happened to those people that got hurt. but when I wear my team colors to away venues, I just don't react to anyone's #### talking. It's that simple. And trust me that as a raider fan, I am at the end of a lot of grief, no matter where I go. And there's no love lost in SoCAl as a red sox fan either.
Trash talking takes place everywhere. I've openly cheered against the Red Sox, Cubs, and Yankees in their home stadiums. And plenty of other stadiums. I'm a Dodgers fan after I'm an A's fan, but the crap that takes place at Dodger stadium is a special type of nonsense I've yet to see anywhere else.It's ridiculous.
Trash talking is fine. Cheering openly is fine. It's reacting to the home fans that gets one in trouble. If I don't react, nothing happens. Period. And again, I think anyone getting into a physical altercation over a sports team is a ####### joke.

I don't know how much there is to look forward to but you never know. Man, have the McCourts been a cancer...

I can at least look forward to hanging on every last word from Vin Scully, in his 61st year. There's no one in any sport I've enjoyed listening to more. It will never be quite the same for me.

Until then,

"Hello everybody and a pleasant good evening to you, wherever you may be."Vinny is the best. Sad day when he hangs it up completely.

And Dodger stadium is the worst place for Giants fans and slowly becoming bad for Angels fans (mostly because of the LA Angels bs and Mike Scioscia). Most other fans will get booed but not beaten. It sucks what happened to those fans as one is in critical condition.

As for the season, Kershaw looks good and Etheir and Kemp are looking inspired. Mattingly better hope someone stakes claim and ends the rotation in LF, a new player each night makes it difficult to get a comfort level in both defense and the lineup. Brox is shaky but hopefully he settles in. They are hitting, just need the runs.

LETS GO DODGERS

Ha, Casey Blake just schooled the 3rd base ump, whoever it was. Padres had bases loaded, bottom of the 9th, 2 out. Broxton, who just had to close out the previous game 3 1/2 hours earlier because, as you know, it was suspended until today. It was a slow roller kind of between third and short that he was NOT going to get to he was playing so far back, so he ran towards it and then ran into the runner, making it look like interference. He clearly did it on purpose, the players were laughing about it as they were going through their handshakes. Pretty smart play at a point where the wheels were about to fall off. This was one I really thought Broxton was gonna blow; you could see it. Just saw the replay again and I can't believe the ump bought it.

Blake should get the save, not Broxton.

Yeah, complete horse####. :rant: :rant: :rant: The runner has the burden of getting out of the fielders way, but Blake literally ran up and tackled Headley, the ####### ball was fielded by Furcal.

HORRENDOUS call by the umpires.

Runner has to get out of the way and allow the fielder to field the ball. Can you say he wouldnt have fielded it if there was no runner? My opinion is Blake fields the ball but has no play (depending on the speed of the batter). If the runner doesnt run Blake over, everyone is safe.

Poor baserunning, great play by Blake, correct call by the Ump. 2 of 3 by LA over SD and on to SF!

'B Maverick said:
Runner has to get out of the way and allow the fielder to field the ball. Can you say he wouldnt have fielded it if there was no runner? My opinion is Blake fields the ball but has no play (depending on the speed of the batter). If the runner doesnt run Blake over, everyone is safe.Poor baserunning, great play by Blake, correct call by the Ump. 2 of 3 by LA over SD and on to SF!
Yeah, I see what you're saying but that's not the way it went down. Just a heady play by Blake, really, because it didn't take much to make it LOOK like interference. And in that situation, the ump is probly gonna side with interference -- easier call. Especially after watching it again. Ump didn't have that luxury. But I think the best evidence of it being purposeful was Blake, and other player's reactions, right after. They were laughing about it.Padres woulda still been down 4-1, btw, it's not like that was difference.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! Kemp goes from first to third on a grounder to third. Next batter flies out to left and he scores. GREAT sign. Listening to Lopes and Mattingly finally, instead of Rihanna. :D
Tonight reminded me of the play above, which by the way, ended up winning the game for them that night.You guys see the one where he was picked off but then beat the throw? Next play is a liner up the middle the 2nd baseman should have caught for the out, but it careens off his glove. Kemp had to wait, but instead of kind of cruising over to third, ends up scoring cuz he's hustling. Love it. And of course Loney gets to 2nd because of the throw to home. It was just like the other night where he was again caught in a pick-off play and still stole second because he pulled his left arm away and lifted up his shoulder and the guy missed him. Then he stole third. Then scored on a lazy fly ball. Last year, he would've walked into the second baseman after the pickoff. Or to third after that line drive wasn't caught.Thanks Davey Lopes. Oh, and Rihanna. :excited:Love that stuff. I know it's early but the guy is a different player than he was at tthis time last year. :banned:

So Lilly retaliates tonight by plunking Posey. Twice. After Lincecum hit Uribe twice last night. I guess Timmer never really liked Uribe to begin with, ha. Man I wish he'd been a Dodger.

Ump did a good job of not letting Bochy come out after the warning(s) and ####. Turned him right back around and got back to the game, it was pretty funyy.

Great rivalry which is as heated as ever. And Vin has been bringing up some reasons for the bad blood through history lessons. It's a good night. :thumbup: 2-2, top of 6...

ETA: Boys in blue take a 3-2 lead, nice.

The Bison is locked in. Wonder how long he can sustain it? Guy was a maching in the minors (.311 average over) and hit .346 one year.

My guess: .322, 27 HRs, 42 SBs.

Last night was frustrating, watching that. It was like giving up on a game you coulda won and throwing away a nice start. And you just knew it was going to happen. Each reliever felt like a white towel being waved. Started with MacDougal, who got lucky to wiggle off, and kept getting worse.

Holy crap, MLB just took over the Dodgers!!! YAY! God that's sad to be happy for...

Finally. It was only a matter of time considering all the problems the Dodgers have been having. This is a great thing for Dodger fans.

'BRONG said:
Holy crap, MLB just took over the Dodgers!!! YAY! God that's sad to be happy for...
:goodposting: You know things are terrible when Dodger fans are extremely happy that Bud Selig is taking over.That said, I am absolutely stoked this move is being made. I can't wait for McCourt to no longer be a part of the Dodgers.

'BRONG said:
:goodposting: You know things are terrible when Dodger fans are extremely happy that Bud Selig is taking over.That said, I am absolutely stoked this move is being made. I can't wait for McCourt to no longer be a part of the Dodgers.
It is almost comical how strong the Dodger fans are supporting this move. I absolutely love that McCourt is getting the boot. The fact that I have not seen 1 Dodger fan say they are even neutral on this is very telling about how McCourt ran the team.

'BRONG said:
It is almost comical how strong the Dodger fans are supporting this move. I absolutely love that McCourt is getting the boot. The fact that I have not seen 1 Dodger fan say they are even neutral on this is very telling about how McCourt ran the team.
Yesterday's action is the beginning of the end, not the end itself. McCourt will not go down without a fight or financial settlement.

Poor Kershaw, DAMN that really hurts. Totally deserved the CG win. Loved Mattingly leaving him in too, although Broxton can't dig that too much, but screw him.

Sands pauses on his throw for some reason, otherwise they had him at third. Then Uribe was slow with his tag at second, they had that guy too. Man is this one frustrating. It just feels like Kershaaw needs wins like that to put him over the top.

Braves always get us, it seems.

Unis were cool. Crowd was way into it -- everybody loves Kershaw -- but then totally deflated. Gave him a nice O anyway...

'BRONG said:
Yesterday's action is the beginning of the end, not the end itself. McCourt will not go down without a fight or financial settlement.
I think most Dodger fans realize this, but this action seems to seriously reduce the possibility that either one of the McCourts would come out of the divorce with ownership of the team. That has always been my biggest fear as the divorce went on. Worst-case scenario was Frank or Jamie somehow scraping up enough cash to pay the other off and hold on to the team long-term. The move by the commish seems to make that much less likely.

When I moved to SoCal in 2000 I was delighted to go to Dodgers games at Chavez Ravine. My wife and I had a lot of good times there. I also remember how the organization took a turn slowly downward once the mcCourts took over the team. They were not well received locally and they even messed around with Dodgers Stadium and were accused of wanting to move the Dodgers and turn the area they are at now into sub developments by the real estate hungry McCourt.

The incident that happened opening day with the Giants fan, very very sad but I honestly never noticed a lot of hate at the stadium. I never wore anything other than blue into the stadium either.

Not sure I approve of Bud's idea mostly because most of Selig's ideas are diasters. How long will the Dodgers suffer with no ownership? I do think Bud has a right to be alarmed though and the trail of almost $230 million in loans was not a good sign.

'BRONG said:
No doubt he will fight it in court. It's how he has done everything his whole life. In the end though he is going to realize that the quickest buck to make is going to be to sell the team.Say it sells for $700 Mil (a pretty conservative number based on the valuation estimates I have seen over the last year). $500 Mil goes to pay off debts Frank takes $100 Mil and Jamie takes $100 Mil. At some point he will know this is the path to the most money. For an investment they put no cash in that is a pretty nice return.

Users who are viewing this thread