What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I've got a bee infestation (1 Viewer)

If yellow jackets you'll want that 30 foot spray to get rid of the nest.

Bees if possible you want to keep alive. Both can have underground nests/hives I believe.

Bees if possible you want to keep alive. Both can have underground nests/hives I believe.
I get underground nests all the time. figured out if I pour one cup of gas down hole(s) then papers in gas over hole with some kindling the light. Usually burns them out good.

Found my first in ground yellow jacket nest one a couple weeks ago while mowing. They got me a few times, but not too bad.

Did the gas thing. Main thing is make sure to do it once the sun goes down (mark it if need be). I did it before the sun came up (never awake in the summer for sundown). Seems to have worked. But I'm still pretty ginger around the hole in case I didn't hit the hole so well in the dark (cue Michael Scott).

Apparently you don't want to use a flashlight to find it in the dark. They'll think it's daylight and come out.

I get underground nests all the time. figured out if I pour one cup of gas down hole(s) then papers in gas over hole with some kindling the light. Usually burns them out good.
My dad was telling about a buddy that lit up a nest, but didn't realize the nest had gotten down near his septic tank.

It ended poorly.

My dad was telling about a buddy that lit up a nest, but didn't realize the nest had gotten down near his septic tank.

It ended poorly.
Sh*t happens

WD-40 is your friend.

We always have a terrible wasp problem at our place. Spray and spray and spray and they just keep coming back, This year was going to be different. I bought the hanging wasp traps--the sticky kind-not the one with the sugar water in the bottom. I put three out in May around the yard and I cannot tell you the thousands of wasp we have caught. .They get so heavy with them that I have had to put additional ones out because they end up falling to the ground and break.

Here comes the problem--by eliminated the wasp population, we created a hole in the food chain. So here comes the favorite food of the wasps--the carpenter bee. We began noticing these large black bees around the front of the house and pretty soon here came the holes. These guys are destructive. .You would find piles of sawdust on the ground and sure enough a hole in the front of your house. Enter WD40--I sprayed all the holes and all around the area and not one has come back.

We noticed a wasp nest in the window well last week, hit that with WD-40--all dead and no sign of new ones coming.

WD-40 has many, many uses.

WD-40 is your friend.

We always have a terrible wasp problem at our place. Spray and spray and spray and they just keep coming back, This year was going to be different. I bought the hanging wasp traps--the sticky kind-not the one with the sugar water in the bottom. I put three out in May around the yard and I cannot tell you the thousands of wasp we have caught. .They get so heavy with them that I have had to put additional ones out because they end up falling to the ground and break.

Here comes the problem--by eliminated the wasp population, we created a hole in the food chain. So here comes the favorite food of the wasps--the carpenter bee. We began noticing these large black bees around the front of the house and pretty soon here came the holes. These guys are destructive. .You would find piles of sawdust on the ground and sure enough a hole in the front of your house. Enter WD40--I sprayed all the holes and all around the area and not one has come back.

We noticed a wasp nest in the window well last week, hit that with WD-40--all dead and no sign of new ones coming.

I’ve got one too close to the house to smoke out- I’ll give this a try right now.

WD-40 is your friend.

You can also use WD-40 to clean the windows while you're at it. Thanks TikTok! :lol:

WD-40 is your friend.

You can also use WD-40 to clean the windows while you're at it. Thanks TikTok! :lol:
Also WD-40 will take black roofing compound off your hands and tools.

Users who are viewing this thread