What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J Finley - Is there more to come? (1 Viewer)

TheRealDeFo

Footballguy
So Jermichael Finley looked great in this weeks Monday Night game. Is this guy for real or was this just the option that GB took advantage of?

I'm giving up on the Z Miller project (thanks JR) and this is one of the options for a waiver wire pick up.

Looking forward to next week,..Lions coming to town. They have given up 5tds to TEs this year already and Witten is on a bye. Anyone else rolling with him?

I think he'll be used sparingly in the regular season. If the Packers do make the playoffs, he'll be unleashed. This is exactly how they handled Keith Jackson years ago. Finley is nowhere near the blocker Lee is, and the Packers need blockers in there right now.

I think he'll be used sparingly in the regular season. If the Packers do make the playoffs, he'll be unleashed. This is exactly how they handled Keith Jackson years ago. Finley is nowhere near the blocker Lee is, and the Packers need blockers in there right now.
What is Lee's contract status?I think next year the Packers definitely need to go get a solid blocking tight end.

If there was another week for him to do well, I'd think this is it. Not sure if I have the stones to start him, but the points DET give up to TEs is hard to ignore.

Thinking about starting him over Carlson (who has to block a lot), but I'm concerned that the OL issues in Green Bay will limit Finley's snaps in favor of Donald Lee.

Thinking about starting him over Carlson (who has to block a lot), but I'm concerned that the OL issues in Green Bay will limit Finley's snaps in favor of Donald Lee.
Finley is not a bad blocker. Lee is just better. The Packers plan to get back to the dink and dunk offense emphasizing YAC. That should mean more Finley.

Finley's possible 0 comes with a higher ceiling at this point than Keller's possible 0, so count me in this week.

Might bail on Cooley for him.
I'm in the same boat with Cooley and Finley. Apparently the Redskins suck so bad that they can't even send Cooley out on pass routes anymore. 0 targets last week, are you f_cking kidding me? :wub: As a previous poster put it, I starting to think Finley's possible 0 has more upside than Cooley's possible 0.

I think the SEA Oline is in just as bad, if not worse, shape than GB's, so both guys may have an equal amount of risk.

If you start Finley over Cooley or Carlson, I think that's a big risk. Despite Finley's big game vs. Minnesota, I think he's just as likely to get zero catches as he is to get six catches.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you start Cooley or Carlson over Finley, I think that's a big risk. Despite Finley's big game vs. Minnesota, I think he's just as likely to get zero catches as he is to get six catches.
By that logic, it seems like you're saying that starting Finley is the bigger risk, whereas Cooley/Carlson are steadier.

Looking forward to next week,..Lions coming to town. They have given up 5tds to TEs this year already and Witten is on a bye. Anyone else rolling with him?
x2.His looks so far this season: 1, 7, 0, 7, bye

Heap might be the better week 6 plugin @MIN, but think Finley is fine, match-up wise:

Most pts. allow to TE:

MIN 70,

TEN 57,

DET 55,

STL, 54

Last edited by a moderator:
With Witten on bye, I currently have Heap (vs Minny) in there, but Finley is staring at me from the WW and begging me to take a chance on him instead.

x2.His looks so far this season: 1, 7, 0, 7, bye

Heap might be the better week 6 plugin @MIN, but think Finley is fine, match-up wise:

Most pts. allow to TE:

MIN 70,

TEN 57,

DET 55,

STL, 54
Great! I have Heap and Finley. Was leaning Finley this week until you had to go and post this. My head hurts. :confused:

I am starting Finley over Keller because like someone else said, I will take Finley's 0 with huge upside up to 20 over Keller's 0 with an upside of 8 ####ing pts in a PPR league

I am starting Finley over Keller because like someone else said, I will take Finley's 0 with huge upside up to 20 over Keller's 0 with an upside of 8 ####ing pts in a PPR league
Sweetness, you a CHI homer? Word is they are going to try to get Olsen more involved.....would you go with Finley over him?

Great! I have Heap and Finley. Was leaning Finley this week until you had to go and post this. My head hurts. :P
Finley had his comeout vs the Vikes and the week before VD got his big game. I also have both Heap and Finley and will go with what appears to be the more safe choice in Heap. Thinking that Balt will have to throw because of the Minn D and a possible high scoring affair VS what should be an early and/or big Packers lead and no need to throw the ball plus the Packs needing help at the Oline. Fin will probably get 2-3 catches but this week Heap, on paper, should do better.

Well in my 10 person ppr redraft league there are 18 TE taken right now and Vernon Davis is on a bye so I had to pickup Finley since he was the best available option (even Mercedes Lewis/Shiancoe/Heath Miller taken) and I feel comfortable starting him against the lions since the upside is too much to ignore. Possibly the best waiver wire TE for this week but even with another great performance I'd be iffy starting him any other week since it was against the lions, I don't expect Jennings to be held out forever, and there's only so many passes to go around.

Sweetness, you a CHI homer? Word is they are going to try to get Olsen more involved.....would you go with Finley over him?
I have the same delima, and wondering which should i roll with. It can be a case made both ways.

Might bail on Cooley for him.
I'm in the same boat with Cooley and Finley. Apparently the Redskins suck so bad that they can't even send Cooley out on pass routes anymore. 0 targets last week, are you f_cking kidding me? :shrug: As a previous poster put it, I starting to think Finley's possible 0 has more upside than Cooley's possible 0.
INI'm risking Finley over Cooley this week.

I'm rolling with Finley this week too. Like stated before - Finley's 0-20pts is better than Keller's 0-8pts.

They really seem to like him in GB and Lee will be used to block more. There are a lot of mouths to feed in GB but they will get Finley the ball a few times - his YAC will take care of the rest.

Another Witten owner with Finley for the bye week. Drafted him for this, actually, since we've got to carry two--and his upside looked good for spot play.

Decent game?
I caught bits of the first qtr and it looked like they were trying to get him involved early and often. He had a chance to score on a quick slant from inside the 10 yd line, but the defender dragged him down at the 1 or so. I'll have to wait until the recaps are out to find out about the rest of the game.I'm thinking of hanging onto him though. We can start up to 2 TE's and he's got a pretty sweet matchup next week against the Browns.I do have someone offering me Palmer for him straight up though (his Heap is on a bye next week). Hmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread