What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J. Finley owners (1 Viewer)

dansav

Footballguy
(rotowire)

Updating earlier reports, Finley, who will have arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee, will miss anywhere from 3-6 weeks, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

It appears backup TE Donald Lee is dinged up as well, I would imagine Finley owners would scoop Lee up off waivers this week if healthy..

Guess I will role with Celek until Finley is back in 3-6 weeks :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Keller as my backup but he didn't show up last night. I hope with having Holmes back on the field it doesn't take away from Keller's catches. I see Heath Miller on the ww and will try to grab him. He hopefully will pick it back up with Ben coming back now. I hope us Finley owners leave him on the bench and then three or four weeks down the road they decide to shut him down for the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm debating between Pettigrew and Daniels as a replacement. Pettigrew seems like he is really coming into his own and consistently outplaying Scheffler, who I have always felt is overrated. Daniels is intriguing but still not 100%.

I'm trying to decide between Moeaki, Lewis or H. Miller. Leaning Moeaki based on the schedule. I also am tempted to just drop Finley, 3-6 weeks, if it's 6 weeks, their bye is week 10. Who knows how he'll be the first few weeks he's back and I hate tying up a bench spot during the byes. :eek:

Rolling with my backups Winslow in one league and Moeski in the other. The best part is that they are both done with their bye.

In the same boat as you guys. Guys like H.Miller, J.Carlson, Shockey, & Daniels are my options. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Moeaki and Pettigrew, in that order, are my favorites. Also Hernandez.

AH and TM both had byes already which is GREAT. Of course, I had to go for Pettigrew because the other guys are gone.

Winslow may have been dropped, I suppose he's a decent pickup too.

I picked up Hernandez (NE) a few weeks ago to play as a flex. Now he's my starter until Finley gets back.
Is he the beneficiary of the Moss trade? Gronkowski, Branch, Welker, Tate...A lot of options for Brady, I'm not as sold on him as I was before the Branch trade.

ugh. i've been rolling with Finley alone. someone dropped Miller so we'll see if my claim gets awarded tonight. otherwise, i'll be rolling with Lewis.

Plan-B is Moeaki first, Hernandez second. Put the waiver request in for Moeaki. Pretty sure I'll land him. Hernandez is the second request, but I think he'll go before Moeaki.

I think Marcedes is the only way for me to go on the WW right now. I'm probably going to cut Finley, since I think he won't be back until after the bye. And I'm pretty sure no one in my league is going to snap him up to sit on the bench.

Not sure if Heath Miller is on waivers in anyone's league. But I'm targeting him in the league I have Finley. With Ben back this week, I think he's going to be a nice start.

I have Keller as my backup but he didn't show up last night. I hope with having Holmes back on the field it doesn't take away from Keller's catches. I see Heath Miller on the ww and will try to grab him. He hopefully will pick it back up with Ben coming back now. I hope us Finley owners leave him on the bench and then three or four weeks down the road they decide to shut him down for the year.
Keller was the first read on a lot of plays. His stats just don't show it.A lot of high passes + a dropped TD pass. I'll blame that on the weather.He was the first read for the Holmes first down catch - second quarter I think?I am sticking with him, Minny's D played pretty good last night.Winslow is my bye week filler for next week.

Looking for a replacement now. Trying to decide between Winslow and Moeaki.

Both have had their byes so that's a plus.

Moeaki seems to be Cassels favorite target. Has 16 receptions.

Winslow has more yards but no TDs yet. (17 receptions)

Leaning towards KWIII at this point...

In both leagues in which I have Finley, someone dropped Heath Miller (presumably for bye week reasons). Got him in both -- he should have pretty good value with Big Ben back, plus no more bye week issues. That should hold me reasonably well until Finley returns.

As many above have suggested, I'm rolling with Heath Miller who I had rostered as a back up. Hoping for a resurgence with Big Ben back in the lineup!

if transactions are free, and league is not too deep, i'd add/drop week-to-week. otherwise, (and this is what i am personally doing), roll with Heath Miller.

Probably going to take my chances with Quarless. The only other viable replacement available in our league is Scheffler.

Luckily, I have Zach Miller (OAK) as my back-up. One could argue I should have been starting him over Finley anyway, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Not sure if Heath Miller is on waivers in anyone's league. But I'm targeting him in the league I have Finley. With Ben back this week, I think he's going to be a nice start.
This is exactly my thinking...hope it pays off.

Glad I picked up Cooley late in my auction draft for $1. I am thinking he will be a good replacement for Finley.

I have John Carlson. Hopefully Okung is back and healthy so Carlson can run more routes instead of having to stay in to block. Pettigrew, Lewis, and Greshman are on the wire too.

I have Marcedes Lewis, Heath Miller, Brandon Pettigrew on Waivers.

Most likely I'll be going with Marcedes Lewis.

Trying to decide whether or not to pick up Winslow or Moeaki but Moeaki's upcoming schedule is RIDICULOUS

Have you guys looked at Moeaki's next three games?

vs. Houston (1st most points allowed to the TE)

vs. Jacksonville (14th most points allowed to the TE)

vs. Buffalo (2nd most points allowed to the TE)

vs. Oakland (4th most points allowed to the TE)

Trying to figure out if I should just drop him. I have Antonio Gates as my starter and have been flexing Finley. I can grab Hernandez off of waivers.

Should I just drop Finley?

Trying to figure out if I should just drop him. I have Antonio Gates as my starter and have been flexing Finley. I can grab Hernandez off of waivers.Should I just drop Finley?
I'm considering it. I have Z. Miller and Keller. I'm not sure if I'd drop Finley if I were you... but I'd definitely grab Hernandez if I could.

I have Witten as my backup, actually. I went out and got Finley after Witten's slow start to the season, now I hope that Witten's nice game this week promises that he will pick it up now.

No. He should still have some trade value.
Has anyone tried trading him? Someone in my league has Gonzo and Cooley and I was thinking of offering Finley for one of these guys. He's doing me no good on my bench and since this other team already has 2 TE's then maybe he won't mind holding Finley.

Plan-B is Moeaki first, Hernandez second. Put the waiver request in for Moeaki. Pretty sure I'll land him. Hernandez is the second request, but I think he'll go before Moeaki.
I'd flip flop those.Moeki is on my waivers, I'll bid for him and probably get him. But I'd prefer Hernandez all day if I could get him.

Ah, to be debating between Hernandez, Heath, and Winslow (?!)... must be nice.

I kid of course. But for 14 team folks it is a little tougher of a choice. Daniels, Quarless, and Fells the best FA options. Heap my in-house backup. It's ugly. Right now, I'm thinking Quarless first, Daniels second. The Pack will throw regardless, and this Quarless kid was a good receiver in college. So what the hey.

I only carry one TE so in my redraft league I think I will take a chance on no one picking up Finley and dropping him. Now I have to decide....Mercedes, Heath Miller, or Hernandez. Leaning toward Mercedes until he gives me a reason not to. He's the leading TE on waivers rigth now.

I have to waste my #3 waiver spot on Hernandez (NE) now. :goodposting:
sorry...didn't mean to come off as complaining...just disappointed that a HAVE TO use a #3 waiver spot on a position I thought I wouldn't need to address all year (except for bye week). ....that's Fantasy Football though. I like Hernandez a lot but can't play 2 TEs. With some bye weeks coming up in key positions, I'm going to be stretched pretty thin...

Users who are viewing this thread