What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J Santana or S Kazmir (1 Viewer)

2 choices listed below

• johan santana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • scott kazmir

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While santana may be a notch of his form of two years ago, you have a prime pitcher, still considered by many to be one of the best in baseball, who is not even 30. He puts up a bunch of starts, is on a team with the resources to win and should have 10+ (maybe even 12+) wins this year, a sub par year by his standards.

On the other hand, you have a young potential stud who hasnt done anything over an extended period outside of being dinged up on a team that may very well be rising, or they could fall back to the pack - without the resources to ensure a good run next year (although one is very possible with their young talent)

without the resources to ensure a good run next year
Interesting. What resources would ensure a good run next year? I'd say:1) $$ (Resources) to keep current talent under contract.2) Farm Talent (Resources) to improve the roster organically next year.3) $$ (Resources) for big name free agents.2 of 3 for the Rays...and the plethora of farm talent may make up for lack of $$ when it comes to bringing in established players.

help me settle a debatewho will be more productive?
i'm assuming you're trying to set someone straight that thinks kaz will outproduce santana next year.i voted for santana, but it's not a ridiculous thing to ask. santana's safer and less of an injury risk, but kaz at his best isn't far off from santana these days. actually, i'm pretty sure kazmir has outproduced santana over the past 12 months going back to the '07 ASB (by a fairly wide margin).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread