What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jahvid Vs Felix (1 Viewer)

Better PPR Season

• Jahvid

Votes: 72 41.9%
  • Felix

Votes: 100 58.1%

• Total voters
Felix. this is his year.

He has the talent, no question.

The offense should be pretty good.

All he has to do is stay on the field.

Why not both?

If you are drafting at the turn, going WR-WR-RB-RB may be the best (no pun intended) way to go if you believe in these guys.

WR-Roddy White

WR-Larry Fitz

RB-Jahvid Best

RB-Felix Jones

You have the stability of arguably the two most consistent WRs in football and the upside of the PPR stud RBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Manster said:
Felix. this is his year. He has the talent, no question. The offense should be pretty good.All he has to do is stay on the field.
hmmm you act like that will be easy.. Mr fragile Felix... all he has to do is stay on the field... that's like saying all that cow has to do is fly... come on man its not that much of a no brainer. I like Best. People say he is inj prone but he appeared in all 16 games last year and showed toughness. I look for a L. Mccoy type breakout year for Best while I see D. murray/ Choice getting some carries... Felix will be top 20 but I think Best could be top 10 in ppr. Just my 2 cents fellas.

felix has gone early 3rd in all by draftsbest is going late 2nd to third
Maybe in some leagues. In mine, Best was pick #54 after DWill and Daniel Thomas(?) while Felix went #94 after Addai, Grant and Fred Jackson. Felix fell way too far, but I had McCoy, SJax and Best and we have short benches.

'mvereb said:
Why not both?If you are drafting at the turn, going WR-WR-RB-RB may be the best (no pun intended) way to go if you believe in these guys.WR-Roddy WhiteWR-Larry FitzRB-Jahvid BestRB-Felix JonesYou have the stability of arguably the two most consistent WRs in football and the upside of the PPR stud RBs.
I like both, but not sure I would do it as my 1/2. If I happen to get a safe #1 and a WR or QB in the first two rounds I'd consider Best and Felix in 3, and 4 in a flex league. There are a few round 4-6 WRs I really like this year which would make this strategy a possibility for me. It always depends how the draft plays out, though. Sometimes you just get a gem to fall to you and you scrap your whole strategy in round 1 or 2.

I was able to get both tonight in my redraft. Felix in the third (3.12) and Best in the fifth (5.02). I drafted McCoy in the first, so I was fine with taking the shot on both guys.

In our draft last night DWill went before both in the middle of the 3rd. Best went bottom of the 3rd. I took Felix middle of the 4th.

I like Felix a lot this year.

'mvereb said:
Why not both?If you are drafting at the turn, going WR-WR-RB-RB may be the best (no pun intended) way to go if you believe in these guys.WR-Roddy WhiteWR-Larry FitzRB-Jahvid BestRB-Felix JonesYou have the stability of arguably the two most consistent WRs in football and the upside of the PPR stud RBs.
This is my plan unless some value drops to me in the 1-2 turn.

I got both in my latest mock... Drafted in the 7th spot.

1st: Andre Johnson WR HOU

2nd: Greg Jennings WR GBP

3rd: Javid Best RB DET

4th: Felix Jones RB DAL

I'm planning on this strategy for my real draft on the 31st.

I got both in my latest mock... Drafted in the 7th spot. 1st: Andre Johnson WR HOU2nd: Greg Jennings WR GBP3rd: Javid Best RB DET4th: Felix Jones RB DALI'm planning on this strategy for my real draft on the 31st.
3rd spot 12man PPR yesterday....yes yes I know I reached for Felix.1st Rice2nd VJax3rd Felix4th Best

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all get way too caught up in ADPs. If I asked what was the exact ADP of Arian Foster at this time last year, you'd be hard pressed to give it to me. Point being, if you think felix or best is going to explode this year, forget the silly ADP data and get them on your team. The 3rd round seems to be the conscensus for both so adjust accordingly.

I think we all get way too caught up in ADPs. If I asked what was the exact ADP of Arian Foster at this time last year, you'd be hard pressed to give it to me. Point being, if you think felix or best is going to explode this year, forget the silly ADP data and get them on your team. The 3rd round seems to be the conscensus for both so adjust accordingly.
Thanks, your post made me feel better. I drafted Foster on a gut last year...admittedly in the 8th round but this year and his breakout seemed alot easier to predict than this years guys.Regardless I always covet 3-down backs in PPR very highly and had to have Felix.

'mvereb said:
This is my plan unless some value drops to me in the 1-2 turn.
Acording to plan....CJ instead of Fitz though1.12 CJ2.01 Roddy3.12 Best4.01 Felix

Agreed. I really made a point to just take the players I wanted this season (within reason, of course), rather than trying to squeeze one extra round while taking a player I liked less. I was much happier with my team than I have been in recent years.I took Greg Olsen in the 11th yesterday, when I probably could have gotten him in the 12th or 13th...but why risk it when you really want a guy?

I was able to get both tonight in my redraft. Felix in the third (3.12) and Best in the fifth (5.02). I drafted McCoy in the first, so I was fine with taking the shot on both guys.
If best landed at your pick in the 5th you must have been playing with some knuckleheads, geez that's terrible. Best goes 2nd to early 3rd in ppr leagues... was this non ppr. still the 4th early would be as far as I can see him fall...

Nope, it was ppr. The rest of the draft was rather normal, but Best and Fred Jackson both fell to me many rounds later than I would have expected.

I honestly didn't really want Best after having him last year but in the fifth, I couldn't pass him up. I'm still nervous though.

Nope, it was ppr. The rest of the draft was rather normal, but Best and Fred Jackson both fell to me many rounds later than I would have expected.

I honestly didn't really want Best after having him last year but in the fifth, I couldn't pass him up. I'm still nervous though.
I completely understand this... But, I still am going to target him in the third if he's there. :football: One can hope!!!

I reached on Felix at 3.04 tonight. In the 5 other leagues drafting tonight with the same ruleset, Felix never made it to the 4th round so I don't feel as bad about it. I could have gone with Reggie Wayne instead and grabbed someone like DeAngelo Williams on the way back. Time will tell if Felix lives up to his potential.

I was drafting 12th in a 12 team league. Took McFadden/Forte at 12/13, then had both Best and Felix available at my next pick. After much consideration, I went with Felix and left Best on the board. I couldn't go RB-RB-RB-RB so I took a WR instead of Best. I think Felix could be huge, even though I love the DET offense this year. (I even took their DEF late in the draft)

I was drafting 12th in a 12 team league. Took McFadden/Forte at 12/13, then had both Best and Felix available at my next pick. After much consideration, I went with Felix and left Best on the board. I couldn't go RB-RB-RB-RB so I took a WR instead of Best. I think Felix could be huge, even though I love the DET offense this year. (I even took their DEF late in the draft)
I like their DEF as a good late round pick. :thumbup:

10 team non-ppr online league (2RB's, 2 WR's, & 1 Flex) drafted 2 hours ago:

(9) 1.9 LeSean McCoy

(12) 2.2 Calvin Johnson

(29) 3.9 Felix Jones

(32) 4.2 Jahvid Best

I reached on Felix at 3.04 tonight. In the 5 other leagues drafting tonight with the same ruleset, Felix never made it to the 4th round so I don't feel as bad about it. I could have gone with Reggie Wayne instead and grabbed someone like DeAngelo Williams on the way back. Time will tell if Felix lives up to his potential.
Same sceanrio with me at 3.03 with Wayne on the board. Did you grab Harrison his backup?

Felix. this is his year. He has the talent, no question. The offense should be pretty good.All he has to do is stay on the field.
hmmm you act like that will be easy.. Mr fragile Felix... all he has to do is stay on the field... that's like saying all that cow has to do is fly... come on man its not that much of a no brainer. I like Best. People say he is inj prone but he appeared in all 16 games last year and showed toughness. I look for a L. Mccoy type breakout year for Best while I see D. murray/ Choice getting some carries... Felix will be top 20 but I think Best could be top 10 in ppr. Just my 2 cents fellas.
ok, but one could agrue the same thing about Best. turg toe, concussions...........both these guys have been injured. i like felix better as an every down back

Was targeting both these guys in a draft last night. Jones went 4.02 (32). Was more than happy to pass on Jones.....

10 team, non-ppr, start: 1qb,1rb,2wr,1rb/wr flex,1te,def,k

Stardard scoring with 40yd+ td bonuses(rush/rec/pass), 100yd+ total rush/rec bonus, and 300yd+ passing bonus, 6 pts return tds; max of 5 rbs and 5 wrs per roster

Draft from the 5 spot....

1. Ray Rice (5)

2. Darren McFadden (16)

3. Vincent Jackson (25)

4. Miles Austin (36)

5. Tony Romo (45)

6. Jahvid Best (56)

7. Kenny Britt (65)

8. Marshawn Lynch (76)

9. Steve Smith-CAR (85)

10. Jimmy Graham (96)

11. Reggie Bush (105)

12. Jacoby Ford (116)

13. Kyle Orton (125)

14. Chargers DST (136)

15. Jared Cook (145)

16. Adam Vinatieri (156)

I don't see this as much of a competition. I own Jahvid as my rb3 (rb2 if CJ doesn't sign) and I would jump at the opportunity to get Felix. Best scares me alot, however, I do like that you can back him up with Jerome Harrison who has been pretty good whenever he's played, and the Cowboys back up situation seems murkier (even tho choice has done well too).

Took Best in the 7th and Jones in the 8th (at the turn), couldn't have been happier. Now I don't need to choose...

People are really taking them in the 3rd and 4th as their top 2 RBs? Seems like an awful lot of risk there. Two very injury prone RBs as your top 2 RBs?

I think I'd rather take one of them and then pair him with Fred Jackson, Forte or Blount.

Users who are viewing this thread