What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jake Locker (1 Viewer)

Jake Locker has thrown 125 passes without an interception. It's the third-longest active streak in the NFL (behind Peyton Manning and Alex Smith).

Color me as surprised as anyone else...
Yeah seems like things are headed in the right direction for him and the titans. we'll see if that can continue.

Jake Locker has thrown 125 passes without an interception. It's the third-longest active streak in the NFL (behind Peyton Manning and Alex Smith).

Color me as surprised as anyone else...
Not at all impressive when you look at play by play and see how rarely he's thrown over the middle. I'll jump on this bandwagon when he does.

There's an aww cmon that you say at the TV while watching him play that's gotta go away before I give Locker any credit.

His ridiculous total of passes under 5 yards have to affect CJ too.

He's relaxing which is great and maybe this is a thing of the past. I plan to watch this afternoon and see for myself.

Is it confirmed, out for the year?

Downgrade Tenn offense with Fitz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap...missed it...what happened? :whoosh:
threw the ball, Jet DL hit him in chest ( a bit late but not dirty looking) then he fell back into another Jet DL who hit him somewhat running through. No one launched at him dirty like, nothing too evil or anything. The last hit shouldn't have happened at all and he's sure to get a huge fine. Even if some will call it accidental or incidental it's a good amount of time after he threw and you just can't hit a QB then

Is it confirmed, out for the year?

Downgrade Tenn offense with Fitz?
He looked rusty.

The great play to nate was sorely underthrown. Roughly five passes in the dirt. First(?) pass was a nice over the middle one to Wright and a nice looking play all around.

He'll have a week to get ready and work out the rust.

The game was over at halftime, for the most part. Damian Williams had 5 catches on two key drives and had no trouble with Cromartie. IMO he was the key and it'll be real interesting next week.

The Titans dropped a zillion balls last year and in the first half they were diving and catching everything. It was really pretty great for Titans fans to see after previous issues.

Wright and Nate made some nice plays but they seemed complimentary. It seemed Damian was "the man" running an obvious route, Jake only looking at him, and throwing it right to him even though Cromartie was there. This is considerably new and worth paying attention to.

Hunter made a diving/falling backward grab that was sweet. I didn't notice him playing much more.

Britt seems done. Before the injury, the Titans were smiling and all happy it was nice to see and I realized I hadn't seen that in far too long a time. He really looks like a cancer now so I don't know how they deal with that. Hunter surely seems to have earned some more time and I'm unsure how they'll work that in. This game was in no way about CJ (Jets DL was excellent) and when ya combine that with Britt out and Locker looking sharp, it's got a different feel.

Hoping Damian continues to get significant work and the team keeps feeding off him; they sorely need someone they can count on.

When I first saw it at full speed, my first thought was dislocated hip. IN slo-mo, my thoughts were all but confirmed. The hit wasn't violent enough to break bones, and the leg seemed at an awkward angle at the hip. If I'm right, it isn't necessarily a season ending injury, but it could be. Certainly seems unlikely he'll be back quickly.

Rotoworld:

The results of Jake Locker's hip MRI are not yet known.
Locker got hit by Muhammad Wilkerson and Quinton Coples early in the second half of Sunday's win over the Jets. He immediately grabbed his right hip and winced in pain. Locker ended up at the hospital, where he was to undergo an MRI. Coach Mike Munchak said initial tests at the stadium didn't indicate the joint had popped out of place. Ryan Fitzpatrick is Locker's backup.

Related: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Source: Nashville Tennessean

Rotoworld:

The results of Jake Locker's hip MRI are not yet known.
Locker got hit by Muhammad Wilkerson and Quinton Coples early in the second half of Sunday's win over the Jets. He immediately grabbed his right hip and winced in pain. Locker ended up at the hospital, where he was to undergo an MRI. Coach Mike Munchak said initial tests at the stadium didn't indicate the joint had popped out of place. Ryan Fitzpatrick is Locker's backup.

That's great that it didn't pop out of place, still concerning he's at hospital

Yeah, what happened today?
I can't help but root for the kid. He played high school ball in a neighboring school district. I've been watching him since he was a sophomore in high school.
Lynden? B'ham? His Grandma and Grandpa live right down the block here in Ferndale. He's a great kid and I root for him also (and have the same doubts you do).
Meridian
Nice.

Rotoworld:

Jake Locker's second MRI revealed "no major damage" to his hip joint, and he has already begun rehabbing his hip and MCL injuries.
Locker's injury is officially being called a sprained hip. He does not need surgery. The Titans still "certainly (expect Locker) to miss a few weeks," but it sounds like he'll avoid injured reserve/designated to return. It's the best possible news considering how severe Locker's injury appeared to be on Sunday. Nevertheless, Locker isn't worth holding onto outside of two-quarterback leagues. The Titans are rolling with Ryan Fitzpatrick in his absence.

Source: titansonline.com

Munchak looked like he had been punched in the stomach when discussing Locker.

It's been such an immediate transformation I've been so surprised so intrigued by it. Before his first season there was plenty of love, but for the most part people have been all over Locker extremely critical and negative. One excellent half (or a game and a half depending how you interpret it) and Locker seemed to have won over millions of Titans fans.

If you search here just a short time ago...I can't recall anyone ever winning over fans in such a short time. It's awesome to see so many sorry he's gone and wishing him well.

I hope he can handle the expectations when he returns

(Rotoworld)Per ESPN's Ed Werder, the Titans now estimate Jake Locker (hip, knee) will return in 4-6 weeks.

Analysis: The Titans' bye comes in Week 8. So in an absolute best-case scenario, Locker will miss just three games (vs. Chiefs, at Seahawks, vs.49ers) and return for a Week 9 game at the Rams. It's awful timing as he had the Titans at 3-1 while completing 62.2 percent of his passes to go with a 6:0 TD-to-INT ratio. Noodle-armed Ryan Fitzpatrick will step in as a weak QB2 until Locker returns.
This was just posted today - so does this mean the timeline has been pushed back again to where it was two days ago? Or is this old information?

"Wilkerson got a $15,750 fine for roughing the passer for a hit that injured Titans quarterback Jake Locker. Coples was docked $7,875 for a late hit on Locker on the play."

Not enough.

Given their salaries, awfully small.

I love Griffin, but everyone has also said his hit on Hill was ridiculous. He was only fined 21k.

Maybe we need to ask Suh if these guys were fined enough $

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Titans expect Jake Locker (hip) to start Sunday's Week 7 game against the 49ers.
This comes as a surprise. Locker was listed as questionable on the injury report after getting in limited practices this week. However, beat writers observed Locker with a noticeable limp in Friday's session. He was carted off the field in Week 4 and looked like he was going to miss more than three weeks. Ryan Fitzpatrick lost both of his starts in Locker's place. Locker is a low-end QB2.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Jake Locker (hip) is active and will start Sunday's Week 7 game against the 49ers.
Locker made quite the recovery. After injuring his hip in Week 4, it was initially thought he would miss close to two months. Instead, Locker missed two starts and the Titans went 0-2 with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center. Inactive for the Titans are OLB Zaviar Gooden, MLB Moise Fokou, T Byron Stingily, QB Rusty Smith, LB Patrick Bailey, C Rob Turner, and DE Derrick Morgan.

Locker looked terrible last time as did the whole offense. The time before he looked great before getting hurt. Curious how this week plays out

Rotoworld:

Jake Locker (knee, hip) said he's now moving far better than he did prior to the Week 8 bye.
Locker made a surprising and effective early return from his hip and MCL in Week 7, throwing for 326 yards with two touchdowns and running for 29 yards against the 49ers. Now he's had the bye week to heal and gets to face a Rams defense that is coming off an emotional loss to the Seahawks and playing on a short week. Locker is one of the stronger QB2 plays around right now. His mobility is a major asset.

Locker a top 10 play this week against Jacksonville? His home numbers this year have been outstanding too.

I have Locker in place of Ryan and am not as high on him after seeing him play vs Rams last week.

1) They are a run first team and now have Greene. If they get a lead early I think they go ultra conservative

2) Jax has not allowed a QB to throw for 300 yds all year. (vs Sea: between Wilson and Jackson they gave up 330 yds, 4 tds and 1 rushing td). Obviously their defense is terrible but that was a surprise especially when you realize they have already faced Peyton, Rivers and Luck.

Jax has not allowed a QB to throw for 300 yds all year. (vs Sea: between Wilson and Jackson they gave up 330 yds, 4 tds and 1 rushing td). Obviously their defense is terrible but that was a surprise especially when you realize they have already faced Peyton, Rivers and Luck.
They are dead last in rushing defense. Teams are trampling them in the running game -- no need for anyone to throw for 300 yards.

I'll take 200 and at least two total scores. And guys have thrown for 280 plus three times and two tds or more 5 of 8 games.

Locker was outplayed by Kellen Clemens. :mellow:
When I watched Clemens fumble the game away, that's not what I came away from that game thinking. It wasn't lockers best game but when Tennessee was busy running for 200 yards, they didn't take a lot of chances.

Rotoworld:

According to the Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt, "indications are" Jake Locker's right foot injury could be season ending.
A source tells Wyatt the Titans fear a Lisfranc injury and surgery "is a possibility." If so, it'll end another up-and-down tease of a season for Locker, who is now a third-year pro. He's been maddeningly streaky dating back to his days at the University of Washington and continued that trend into 2013. An MRI will likely be performed either late Sunday or Monday. Ryan Fitzpatrick is expected to be Tennessee's quarterback the rest of the way.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

A developing rookie could do just as well and then would have potential in year two to look forward to. He's so frustrating and the O is so ugly.

Rotoworld:

A source tells ESPN that the Titans are 99 percent certain Jake Locker (foot) is out for the season.
The Titans fear Locker sustained a Lisfranc injury that could require surgery. Further testing Monday is expected to confirm those suspicions. It leaves the 4-5 Titans with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starter and Rusty Smith as the backup going forward. Locker, who missed five games last year due to two shoulder injuries and then two more this year due to a hip injury, is earning an injury-prone label. His rookie contract expires after next season.

Source: ESPN.com

I fear this is the end of the Locker saga. Hopefully he gets another shot somewhere down the road. Hard to think Tenn passes on a QB this year with Locker going into a contract season. Plus the vet market might not be all that bad this year.

Rotoworld:

Titans coach Mike Munchak confirmed Monday that Jake Locker's (foot) season is over with a Lisfranc injury.
The team is weighing its surgical options. Locker's third NFL season ends with career bests in completion rate (60.7 percent) and TD-to-INT ratio (8:4) across seven starts. Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the Titans' starting quarterback going forward. While losing Locker's dual threat could be a slight blow to Tennessee's rushing attack, Fitzpatrick hasn't been a major downgrade from Locker strictly as a passer in terms of efficiency and getting the ball to Kendall Wright. Regardless, at 4-5 the Titans can likely kiss their always-slim playoff hopes goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread