What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (1 Viewer)

joefootball

Footballguy
Jeremy Maclin is still not at Eagles training camp due to an illness.

Maclin battled a mono-like illness and lost 15 pounds after last season. Coach Andy Reid declined to say if that issue is still lingering with Maclin, making this a strange situation. "This is a personal thing and I can't go any further than that," Reid said. We'll only start to really get worried if Maclin isn't in camp by next week.

Source: Philadelphiaeagles.com Aug 1, 9:41 AM

It is a weird situation. Its like they said though, if he's not at camp next week and starts to miss preseason games, then we have a problem.

Yeah that Mono can really hold you down for awhile and takes a long time to feel good again. I guess we will know more by this weekend.

Any new news on Maclin's illness/status? Some speculating its the lingering effects of mono. Some other rumours out there as well. The silence around his status by the team is a bit unsettling.

The only news I have heard is that he's tested negative for everything but is having issues adding weight. If there's no good news by next week I'll get worried

Heard from a source its cancer in his kidneys. With the severity of that diagnosis, i will stress that as a rumor and hearsay. . .at least until they confirm

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we share the rumors or just ignore them allowing for him to have some level of privacy? I have heard a few that sort of fit the limited info we have heard/read, but they are serious and there is nothing to support them. Some might be speculation, others are "logical" deductions from the news release info.

I have him rated highly as a high WR2 or low end WR1 (in 12 team league).

For me, the weight loss is a significant concern as he will be unable to put it on once the season starts. Most players lose more weight as they condition better/harder and practice more frequently. His physical ability to get off the line will be seriously challenged and his stamina during the game will be limited.

Maybe if there is a clear diagnosis and it is a simple treatment, he will recover without any issues. Right now, I am hoping the best for him. I will wait and see how things go before I decide where to put him on my draft list....

That would be devastating for the guy hope it's not true my prayers are with him.

I thought it might be a bacterial infection which usually takes between 7-10 days

to get back the bacteria culture results.

this news/rumor helps explain why someone tried to shop Maclin to me yesterday.

Hopefully Maclin bounces back.

He is at camp and has been doing some work on the side with the PUP listed players.

If he had a serious illness I doubt he would be out there doing anything. The fact they haven't placed him on the PUP list is a good sign as well I would've thought.

All these reports are pure speculation, the team has said nothing about his condition because they're not allowed to without Maclin's consent.

Reid did say he'll be ok for week 1 but who really knows. :shrug:

He is at camp and has been doing some work on the side with the PUP listed players.

If he had a serious illness I doubt he would be out there doing anything. The fact they haven't placed him on the PUP list is a good sign as well I would've thought.

All these reports are pure speculation, the team has said nothing about his condition because they're not allowed to without Maclin's consent.

I thought Reid said he would know more in a week, not that he would be OK in a week. He said he was waiting for test results.

I thought Reid said he would know more in a week, not that he would be OK in a week. He said he was waiting for test results.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-camp&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterOk I hadn't seen Reid's lastest comments but he did say earlier that he was expecting him to be ready to go week 1.

Philadelphias other starting wide receiver, Jeremy Maclin(notes), is in camp but unable to practice because of an undisclosed illness. Reid said Maclin is still undergoing tests, and would not speculate when he might return. He had previously said that he expected to have Maclin in time for the Sept. 11 season opener in St. Louis.

Last edited by a moderator:
This news freaked me out and I traded him away in a panic in one of my PPR dynasty leagues. I have Vick at QB so I guess in some ways, its not horrible to break up that duo.

I gave: Maclin, Burress

I got: Miles Austin, Packers D

All this talk about Maclin and cancer needs to stop. It was a rumor on twitter that has now run wild because of his low weight. There is no way Reid or the eagles would have maclin near the field if he was diagnosed with cancer. Theyd want him getting treated. Something isnt right with him but its not cancer.

All this talk about Maclin and cancer needs to stop. It was a rumor on twitter that has now run wild because of his low weight. There is no way Reid or the eagles would have maclin near the field if he was diagnosed with cancer. Theyd want him getting treated. Something isnt right with him but its not cancer.
I agree with this. And, it seems this has been going on for months, so if it was the big C I would assume they would have diagnosed it by now. Still, troubling news, but we don't know the truth yet.

'todisco1 said:
'Insein said:
I agree with this. And, it seems this has been going on for months, so if it was the big C I would assume they would have diagnosed it by now. Still, troubling news, but we don't know the truth yet.
A friend of mine lost weight in February is gradually getting sicker and they still don't have a diagnosis. He still goes about his daily life as best as he can. Cancer was eliminated initially, but has come back into the discussion. And there are plenty of nasty illnesses out there besides cancer. Auto-immune comes to mind as do some endocrine diseases. So although I certainly am not a doctor or know the situation that Maclin is facing, and don't wish any of this on him. But just because he's on the practice field and looks ok other than weight loss, it doesn't mean he isn't facing something serious that hasn't been diagnosed yet. And I do find it odd if it's nothing serious, why he hasn't disclosed what the issue is.I do hope he turns out fine though.

'Eastwood said:
This news freaked me out and I traded him away in a panic in one of my PPR dynasty leagues. I have Vick at QB so I guess in some ways, its not horrible to break up that duo.I gave: Maclin, BurressI got: Miles Austin, Packers D
That's a great deal even if Maclin were 100% healthy.

'Eastwood said:
This news freaked me out and I traded him away in a panic in one of my PPR dynasty leagues. I have Vick at QB so I guess in some ways, its not horrible to break up that duo.I gave: Maclin, BurressI got: Miles Austin, Packers D
:confused:If Maclin is healthy then he got robbed in that trade.

'Eastwood said:
:confused:If Maclin is healthy then he got robbed in that trade.
I would rather have Austin over Maclin. No robbing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread