What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerome Harrison (1 Viewer)

Red Apples

Footballguy
Lewis will 'play it by ear' on Sunday

Jeff Schudel JSchudel@News-Herald.com

10/27/2007

Harrison could see continued playing time

Jamal Lewis, confident last week he would play against the Rams Sunday in St. Louis, now says whether he plays will be a game-time decision.

Lewis was limited in practice Friday for the third straight day and is listed as questionable. He is still bothered by a foot injury suffered Oct. 7 on the first play in a game against the Patriots. He missed the rest of that game and the entire game against the Dolphins a week later. The Browns were on their bye last week.

"I'll just play it by ear and see how it goes," Lewis said. "I'll see how it feels on Sunday. I'll wake up on Sunday and it might be killing me. I'll wake up on Sunday and it might be feeling great."

Lewis leads the Browns with 382 yards rushing.

Uncertainty surrounding Lewis makes it likely Jerome Harrison will play a second straight game. Harrison was inactive for four games and then rushed for 57 yards on 18 carries when Lewis was idle vs. the Dolphins. He got the attention of Romeo Crennel and the other coaches by running hard instead of slouching as a player who spent that much time on the bench might have.

Harrison's speed on the FieldTurf inside the Edward Jones Dome could be advantageous for the Browns on Sunday. Conversely, Crennel might choose to rest Lewis again rather than have him play on the artificial surface."We have a lot of great veterans in this locker room," Harrison said. "They told me to always stay focused because you never know when your opportunity will come. When it does come, you have to be ready."

Harrison, in his second season, says he is "tons" better than he was as a rookie. He gives credit to Lewis and Jason Wright, the second-team running back, plus running backs coach Anthony Lynn. Lynn is in is first year with the Browns after two years coaching the Cowboys running backs. He replaced Dave Atkins, who was promoted to senior offensive assistant coach. Lynn played seven NFL seasons with the Broncos and 49ers.

"He's a great guy," Harrison said. "He's a younger coach (38). He played the game. The things we see sometimes when we make mistakes, he'll say, 'I understand why you did it, but you can't do it that way.' He's a coach you can talk too. He'll criticize you, but in a positive way."

Wright would start if Lewis cannot play. He is second behind Lewis with 161 yards rushing on 39 carries.

I'd really like to see him get about 7-10 touches a game for the rest of the year. He has shown some moves and explosiveness. It would be nice to evaluate him during game situations for the rest of the year. If he puts on about 5 or 10 more pounds, he could realistically be a 3 down back.

I'd really like to see him get about 7-10 touches a game for the rest of the year. He has shown some moves and explosiveness. It would be nice to evaluate him during game situations for the rest of the year. If he puts on about 5 or 10 more pounds, he could realistically be a 3 down back.
Harrison was OUTSTANDING when he got some time before the bye - great burst, great moves, and ran very physical. Jason Wright is a lunchpail guy and gets the most out of what he's got, but Harrison has a lot more to work with, and I think the more promising back long term.

Posted in a prior Lewis thread how solid Harrison looked vs. Miami. The kicker was how good he looked between the tackles...because between him and Wright there's no comparison on speed and ability to bounce it out.

He put on weight last offseason...if he does that again this year he might be an everydown back next year. Looking forward to it. :wub:

I don't think he needs to put any weight on. All he needs is PT (which he finally has gotten the past 2 weeks)

I think it was tellling he got as many carries as Wright this week. He's just a far superior change of pace guy for Lewis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he needs to put any weight on. All he needs is PT (which he finally has gotten the past 2 weeks)I think it was tellling he got as many carries as Wright this week. He's just a far superior change of pace guy for Lewis.
You're probably right. I was just thinking if he were just a bit bigger it couldn't hurt between the tackles and blocking.

Should something happen to Jamal, is Harrison the guy to have?

I hate predicting injuries, but sometimes I'd rather try to get next weeks waiver wire gem this week.

the news on Lewis being hurt is weeks old.

harrison hasn't sniffed the field stats wise in weeks.

am i missing something?

the news on Lewis being hurt is weeks old.harrison hasn't sniffed the field stats wise in weeks. am i missing something?
no - I'm fishing for next weeks WW darling. CLE has a nice schedule come playoff time, and has a high scoring offense. Jamal has been underwhelming, save two games. I haven't paid much attention to CLE this season, but it seems to me that a fresh RB could add a spark, particularly once it starts getting cold. I'm not sure if Jamal is the guy to have.This is nothing but speculation on my part.

the news on Lewis being hurt is weeks old.

harrison hasn't sniffed the field stats wise in weeks.

am i missing something?
no - I'm fishing for next weeks WW darling. CLE has a nice schedule come playoff time, and has a high scoring offense. Jamal has been underwhelming, save two games. I haven't paid much attention to CLE this season, but it seems to me that a fresh RB could add a spark, particularly once it starts getting cold. I'm not sure if Jamal is the guy to have.

This is nothing but speculation on my part.
but,this IS Romeo Crennel we're talking about here. He won't change things up..

We have all waited so long.It's about time!Week 2 of the Jerome Harrison Era-

Jerome Harrison @ BUF. The Bills are allowing more than 150 rushing yards per game and have given up an average of 30 fantasy points per game to RBs, third most in the league. With Jamal Lewis (hamstring) likely to be limited, or miss Week 5 altogether, and rookie James Davis on IR, Harrison is an attractive flex play.

Get your popcorn ready.

Lewis is done and the most talented RB on the Browns roster has always been Harrison.

He is contract is up this year, and he is playing for 2010.

Get your popcorn ready.Lewis is done and the most talented RB on the Browns roster has always been Harrison.He is contract is up this year, and he is playing for 2010.
Chris Jennings-RB- Browns Dec. 2 - 7:34 pm et Chris Jennings is likely to start at tailback in the Browns' final five games of the season.Jennings, Cleveland's third-down back since passing Jerome Harrison on the depth chart prior to Week 8, has an uninspiring skill set and has averaged just 3.4 YPC on the year. While he is worth grabbing in all leagues as a starting RB with a favorable late-year schedule (vs. SD in Week 13, @ KC and vs. OAK in Weeks 15-16), he's a mere desperation option the rest of the way. :mellow: Chris Jennings-RB- Browns Nov. 19 - 7:20 pm et Browns coach Eric Mangini indicated that RB Chris Jennings will continue to see an increased role "if he continues to progress in practice."The Mangini staff clearly does not see the blocking-challenged Jerome Harrison as its future feature back, and Harrison is hacked off about his decreased role. Though Jennings will likely see more carries at Jamal Lewis' expense, the former CFL special teamer is a downhill runner with limited speed in the worst offense the NFL has seen in some time. He's an extreme long-shot for fantasy value. :D

Jennings only carried the ball 19 times over the last three weeks for 59 yards. That's a 3.1 average.

Jennings may start, Harrison will shine.

Honestly my first thought was this was an attempt to bump old info by some people looking to sell Harrison high.

Seems like his only real competition is Chris Jennings. Harrison's abysmal pass blocking will ultimately hold him back.

So what does everyone in dynasty leagues plan on doing with him?

Most league trading is frozen until after the fantasy playoffs. Assuming he does well again next week against Oakland, do you keep him for next year or trade him in the offseason?

So what does everyone in dynasty leagues plan on doing with him? Most league trading is frozen until after the fantasy playoffs. Assuming he does well again next week against Oakland, do you keep him for next year or trade him in the offseason?
I think it depends on why you picked him up.In Harrison's case, I grabbed him in multiple leagues because of his impending free agency, since he looked so dangerous in his limited touches before this year. The biggest threat to him getting a nice contract from someone was the concurrent free agency of Washington and Norwood. They've both had injury woes, though, which makes Harrison the cream of the FA RB crop this year, unless a team needs a bigger back like LenDale White. That gives him the potential for exceptional value going into 2010. I plan to keep him depending on what situation he ends up in.Mind you, that backfired on me this year. I kept Derrick Ward despite getting some solid trade offers for him, because I was RB-poor. Look how well that turned out. =/

Instinctive said:
munygon2 said:
Harrison produced 85 points in my league today.
WTF??? We have huge yardage bonuses and PPR and he only got 56 in mine
Tell me about it. Here's how it was scored:Rushing Yards: 7 yards per point; 10 points at 161 yards; 15 points at 261 yardsRushing Touchdowns: 6Reception Yards: 10 yards per point; 10 points at 161 yards; 15 points at 261 yards286 rush yards = 40.8 points 3 TD's = 18 pointsAdd 10 for the 161 mark plus another 15 for the 261 markAdd 1.2 for receiving.40.8 + 18 + 10 + 15 + 1.2 = 85 points.Currently, this guy has 267 points to his opponents 131. It will definitely be the "fantasy blowout of the week".

Users who are viewing this thread