What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerome Simpson now starting for the Mean Machine (1 Viewer)

Val Rannous

Footballguy
If you think this tool is a good WW pickup this week, think again:

Police seize eight pounds of marijuana from home of Bengals WR

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Police-seize-eight-pounds-of-marijuana-from-home?urn=nfl-wp7717

Class act all the way, apparently. Hope he likes doing time in the slam. I'm guessing they'll be starting A.J. Green and Andre Caldwell now. Hopefully you weren't relying on Simpson.

My league has for the last 23 years given out a "Dexter Manley Memorial Award" to the stupidest person in football - looks like we have a new leading candidate for the 2011 award...

Val

Wish they'd just legalize the stuff and be done with it. Better/safer than alcohol anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think this tool is a good WW pickup this week, think again:Police seize eight pounds of marijuana from home of Bengals WRClass act all the way, apparently. Hope he likes doing time in the slam. I'm guessing they'll be starting A.J. Green and Andre Caldwell now. Hopefully you weren't relying on Simpson.My league has for the last 23 years given out a "Dexter Manley Memorial Award" to the stupidest person in football - looks like we have a new leading candidate for the 2011 award...
"Tool"? "Class act"? I guess we have different opinions on the prohibition of marijuana.Simpson was clearly stupid though. Way too much to lose and too little to gain.But give me a break for acting like the guy is Al Capone for selling 8lbs of weed.

Yeah truly its not THAT bad, your just living in society and society has a bad stereotype on mj.. its better than alcohol and kills less.

but still none the less, he allready has his life set out being an NFL player, you dont need that much pot at one time lol

He's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
:goodposting: Not defending his actions or stupidity, but there were a few things that seem "interesting":1) He didn't sign for the package 2) He was there - with at least one other Bengals teammateI think this story will get much more interesting as the investigation continues.

If you think this tool is a good WW pickup this week, think again:Police seize eight pounds of marijuana from home of Bengals WRClass act all the way, apparently. Hope he likes doing time in the slam. I'm guessing they'll be starting A.J. Green and Andre Caldwell now. Hopefully you weren't relying on Simpson.My league has for the last 23 years given out a "Dexter Manley Memorial Award" to the stupidest person in football - looks like we have a new leading candidate for the 2011 award...
"Tool"? "Class act"? I guess we have different opinions on the prohibition of marijuana.Simpson was clearly stupid though. Way too much to lose and too little to gain.But give me a break for acting like the guy is Al Capone for selling 8lbs of weed.
Agreed, let the man smoke it up if he wants. I not a big pot guy but I don't care what people do in their own home period.

He's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
:goodposting: Not defending his actions or stupidity, but there were a few things that seem "interesting":

1) He didn't sign for the package

2) He was there - with at least one other Bengals teammate

I think this story will get much more interesting as the investigation continues.
Not really. He owns the house. Regardless of whether he signs for the stuff, he's going to get hit with conspiracy charges for allowing the operation to exist in his house (regardless of whether he knew it was happening).

What does an NFL player stand to gain from dealing pot? The margins are minor unless you are doing the growing. My hunch is that it is for him and his friends. People who make a good living and have something to lose who smoke pot buy in bulk to minimize their exposure and simply for convenience. I'm sick of mandatory intent to distribute charges just for having a certain weight. That's bs. Seriously, time to decriminalize. Way to much money and resources still being dedicated to stuff like this. Does anybody even care anymore?

Full disclosure...Apple Jack is an ex-24/7 California/Oregon/Washington nuclear weed smoker. Smoke maybe once a year now, but still find marijuana laws ridiculous.

If it were not for horrible politics/politicians it would already be legal.

Simpson is just not a smart dude, but if I seen him on the street I would not treat him any different. He did not obey a horrible law that is only in place because the "politicians" benefit mroe from it be illegal. wow, he is such a horrible person.

Cigarettes kill more people than trees annually.

And weren't there only 2 lbs of weed in the package and they seized 6 more lbs from his home? Thought that was what I heard.
This is what is being reported. If true Simpson could be in a lot of trouble.
Nope, money always gets you out fo this situation...its all about money.He may get some time, but not as much as a dude who is broke.

...also, he will for sure be in trouble with the league.

What does an NFL player stand to gain from dealing pot? The margins are minor unless you are doing the growing. My hunch is that it is for him and his friends. People who make a good living and have something to lose who smoke pot buy in bulk to minimize their exposure and simply for convenience. I'm sick of mandatory intent to distribute charges just for having a certain weight. That's bs. Seriously, time to decriminalize. Way to much money and resources still being dedicated to stuff like this. Does anybody even care anymore?

Full disclosure...Apple Jack is an ex-24/7 California/Oregon/Washington nuclear weed smoker. Smoke maybe once a year now, but still find marijuana laws ridiculous.
Agreed. I don't see how or why an NFL player would need to have a 2nd job as a drug dealer. People have joked, but I'd bet he likely supplied several other players on the team.

What does an NFL player stand to gain from dealing pot? The margins are minor unless you are doing the growing. My hunch is that it is for him and his friends. People who make a good living and have something to lose who smoke pot buy in bulk to minimize their exposure and simply for convenience. I'm sick of mandatory intent to distribute charges just for having a certain weight. That's bs. Seriously, time to decriminalize. Way to much money and resources still being dedicated to stuff like this. Does anybody even care anymore?Full disclosure...Apple Jack is an ex-24/7 California/Oregon/Washington nuclear weed smoker. Smoke maybe once a year now, but still find marijuana laws ridiculous.
Reports are that the police also seized scales and other paraphernalia in the raid. 8.5 lbs is a LOT of pot for personal consumption. I don't think he was standing in playgrounds selling to school children but I would bet he was selling to friends if this story is true.

'JuSt CuZ said:
'Godsbrother said:
'Monsieur Meursault said:
And weren't there only 2 lbs of weed in the package and they seized 6 more lbs from his home? Thought that was what I heard.
This is what is being reported. If true Simpson could be in a lot of trouble.
Nope, money always gets you out fo this situation...its all about money.He may get some time, but not as much as a dude who is broke.

...also, he will for sure be in trouble with the league.
Money helps but trafficking drugs across state lines can be VERY serious. There are too many unknowns to speculate but depending on the circumstances his punishment from the NFL could be the least of his worries.

'Godsbrother said:
'Apple Jack said:
What does an NFL player stand to gain from dealing pot? The margins are minor unless you are doing the growing. My hunch is that it is for him and his friends. People who make a good living and have something to lose who smoke pot buy in bulk to minimize their exposure and simply for convenience. I'm sick of mandatory intent to distribute charges just for having a certain weight. That's bs. Seriously, time to decriminalize. Way to much money and resources still being dedicated to stuff like this. Does anybody even care anymore?Full disclosure...Apple Jack is an ex-24/7 California/Oregon/Washington nuclear weed smoker. Smoke maybe once a year now, but still find marijuana laws ridiculous.
Reports are that the police also seized scales and other paraphernalia in the raid. 8.5 lbs is a LOT of pot for personal consumption. I don't think he was standing in playgrounds selling to school children but I would bet he was selling to friends if this story is true.
I agree with you...I said some of it's probably for friends, which while also distribution, something that can be considered by judges. What full-time pot smoker DOESN'T have a scale? That's another problem with the intent laws...not everybody who has a scale is intending to distribute, in the context that the law is written. Although, if it is more than just a case of him getting for him and his friends, and he was intending to make money and selling in street level quantities or to people who break it down and sell it like that, he deserves whatever he gets just for being that reckless knowing what he has to lose and the thin ice that the Bengals are on as an organization for exactly this kind of behavior.

I agree with you...I said some of it's probably for friends, which while also distribution, something that can be considered by judges. What full-time pot smoker DOESN'T have a scale? That's another problem with the intent laws...not everybody who has a scale is intending to distribute, in the context that the law is written. Although, if it is more than just a case of him getting for him and his friends, and he was intending to make money and selling in street level quantities or to people who break it down and sell it like that, he deserves whatever he gets just for being that reckless knowing what he has to lose and the thin ice that the Bengals are on as an organization for exactly this kind of behavior.
This is the thing that bothers me most about these guys. Even if it was just a joint why on earth would you risk your NFL career just to get high? The window of making ridiculous money and the perks that go along with it is very short. It is just dumb to risk it all just to get high.

This is the thing that bothers me most about these guys. Even if it was just a joint why on earth would you risk your NFL career just to get high? The window of making ridiculous money and the perks that go along with it is very short. It is just dumb to risk it all just to get high.
You ever watch an interview with him? Dumber than a box of rocks.

Damn he was a nice cheap ppr flex/bye week filler.

Pretty sure he is deactivated this week now.

Bungles get me every time I try to trust one of their players lol

None of this makes sense. 1. No warrant and you let them in your house? This means either A) You are too stupid to realize you can say no. B) You don't realize there's ANOTHER 6 lbs. of weed in your house. 2. You play in the NFL, which means you at a MINIMUM decent 6 figures. You risk that for weed business?

So 8 lbs of weed, if you are selling it at street prices (by small denominations of 1/8th oz @ $50 if this is top of the line product, which I assume it is otherwise having it shipped from anywhere is monumentally stupid) So some quick math, $400/oz if you are selling small time by the 1/8th, 16 oz/ lb is $6400 per lb, times 8 lbs is a measely $51200, not even taking into account the initial cost, which I would guess that even if you get a great deal you could maybe make a 25% profit? Less than $13000?

Moral of the story, if you are going to be a monumental ####### and risk a 6 figure salary, why would you deal with weed? Might as well go full on ####### and sell coke and at least make some decent coin on it.

Actually, I could care less what he smokes. I'm saying he's a tool for being lucky enough to have a job playing a game, then get caught with 8 pounds of an illegal substance with intent to distribute? Spending multiple years in the slam is no way to further your career, unless you're really good and damn lucky (like a certain QB in Philly). Any way you look at it, the guy's not the sharpest cleat on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread