What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets @ Patriots - Week 7 Thursday Night Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Jerry Curl

Footballguy
Did not see a thread, if there is one please delete.

Hearing weather will be pretty bad for most the game, should be even more points out there for New Englands defense against Geno then he would normally give.

What about Brady and the Patriots passing game? Will they rely on Vereen, Bolden or White more?

Edit: I saw a bad weather thread but not a game thread. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=717896

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah would think ne def gets a big bump. Good for the short passing game, rbs and tes. Maybe wright gets more play?

I expect a sloppy, low scoring game, closer than people expect. I like Pats D, Gronk, and Ivory from a fantasy perspective.

Looking forward to another night of Vereen domination. I think five carries for two yards and two receptions for one yard aren't out of the question.

Reach for the stars, Shaner. Reach for them.

You might want to pick up White if you have roster space - you can always cut him for someone else tomorrow

Thursday Night Blowout
It's surely possible, but the Jets have played the Patriots tough throughout the Rex Ryan era (outside one or two games). I expect the game to remain close and likely low scoring, but the Patriots pulling it out.

Of course a blowout wouldn't be shocking though.

Weather report:

Pouring here in No. CT right now. 90% chance of precipitation for 9 PM in Foxborough. No wind to speak of at all, so far. Humid, hot (for October), rainy weather.

Thursday Night Blowout
It's surely possible, but the Jets have played the Patriots tough throughout the Rex Ryan era (outside one or two games). I expect the game to remain close and likely low scoring, but the Patriots pulling it out.

Of course a blowout wouldn't be shocking though.
Yeah, definitely seen both of these scenarios play out over the past few years. Just in the last five or six meetings we have seen everything from big time beatdowns to butt fumbles to....

Totally unpredictable, this one. Would not be surprised for it to go any way possible except the JEts blowing out the Patriots (that would be a surprise).

You might want to pick up White if you have roster space - you can always cut him for someone else tomorrow
We can't do that in our MFL league. IF a player is on the roster, we can drop him, but we can't use his spot to pick up someone who hasn't played (system says its some violation or another).

Weather report:

Pouring here in No. CT right now. 90% chance of precipitation for 9 PM in Foxborough. No wind to speak of at all, so far. Humid, hot (for October), rainy weather.
I never know what to make of these. I can never decide if weather like this means I should downgrade certain players or not. Common sense seems to say that the passing game would more likely struggle and teams would lean more on the running game, but I have no idea if that's true. Plus, I don't know what to do with a guy like Vereen...will this help or hinder his stats? Will they lean more on the traditional RBs like Bolden and White and not pitch the ball to him as much?

Weather report:

I never know what to make of these. I can never decide if weather like this means I should downgrade certain players or not. Common sense seems to say that the passing game would more likely struggle and teams would lean more on the running game, but I have no idea if that's true. Plus, I don't know what to do with a guy like Vereen...will this help or hinder his stats? Will they lean more on the traditional RBs like Bolden and White and not pitch the ball to him as much?
One would think this means good things for all pats rbs including vereen.

Weather report:

When I read about this years ago, it seemed that normal precipitation wasn't a factor. Wind was, if it became a serious issue. I'm not sure how weather factors into coaches' heads though, so I'm just telling people what the weather will be like and letting the risk-averse be forewarned. We're supposed to get a lot of rain today. I would do my own research on how weather affects fantasy football options instead of relying on me. But the gist I got from years ago was that wind was the big issue. If it's a deluge tonight, then that will probably have some effect, too.

eta* I'm also assuming that it's the weather that rained out the KC baseball game the other night. We tend to catch their weather a day or two later, IIRC.

eta2* I did, however, lose a playoff match-up last year because of Foles in the heavy snow. Damn.

Weather report:

I distinctly remember Brady throwing for ~300yds and 3td in blizzards and monsoons. Heavy wind over 25mph is the only thing that would hurt.

Weather report:

I distinctly remember Brady throwing for ~300yds and 3td in blizzards and monsoons. Heavy wind over 25mph is the only thing that would hurt.
Was that when Brady was still decent?

Weather report:

He's back now, Gronk's healthy and looks like they might have a deep threat in Tyms. Lafell has been solid. Gronk being healthy is so important though...

Weather report:

He's back now
:no:

Pats murderize the Jets, then tenderize them, then bake for 3 hours.

Everybody scores good FFPs for the Pats tonight. Bolden, Vereen, LaFell, Tyms, Gronk, Edelman, Pats DST.

Weather report:

When I read about this years ago, it seemed that normal precipitation wasn't a factor. Wind was, if it became a serious issue. I'm not sure how weather factors into coaches' heads though, so I'm just telling people what the weather will be like and letting the risk-averse be forewarned. We're supposed to get a lot of rain today. I would do my own research on how weather affects fantasy football options instead of relying on me. But the gist I got from years ago was that wind was the big issue. If it's a deluge tonight, then that will probably have some effect, too.

eta* I'm also assuming that it's the weather that rained out the KC baseball game the other night. We tend to catch their weather a day or two later, IIRC.

eta2* I did, however, lose a playoff match-up last year because of Foles in the heavy snow. Damn.
Also, Gilette is turf right? Not a grass field?

Weather report:

He's back now
653 yds and 6td in his last 2 would suggest he is back. He's got that fire again in his eyes. Look I'm not a huge fan of his, but he seems to have his groove back.

Weather report:

Also, Gilette is turf right? Not a grass field?
Yes.

Weather report:

He's back now
He's been pretty damn sharp the last two games. <_<

I hope it was more fluke, than norm. Go Jets!

FWIW,

I have TB in one league, not too mention 2 tickets to the game that I can't even seem to give away right now so I have been checking the weather. Raining hard and windy right now (20 miles from stadium), but the most up to date report I have seen says the storms are moving quickly and the heavy stuff will be clearing by kickoff. I think there will be some rain and a little wind but it appears that it won't be nearly as bad as initially thought.

rt 9 in framingham is flooded so bad small cars are barely getting thru the water. I think the Jets will lean on the running game with Mayo out for the season

Mike Reiss on twitter says the Pats promoting 230-lb RB Jonas Gray from practice squad.

Needs a mudder I guess.

I'm thinking fairly low scoring game:

For NE, play gronk, wright and vereen; not sure Edelman will have a big night..

For the Jets, then will lean on the run so play Ivory. CJ may get more than he has, but hopefully you have better options. With DR covering Decker, I would sit him tonight as well.

24-7 Pats

Mike Reiss on twitter says the Pats promoting 230-lb RB Jonas Gray from practice squad.

Needs a mudder I guess.
Yeah, big guy, didn't look all that bad (or good) in pre-season, just meh. Never know though, probably has a decent shot to become the GL back for NE.

Don't like this game for FF points. Jets have their back against the wall, Rex is mad. New England with a limited running game, can Brady have three good games in a roll. Then throw in the weather, I see a 13-10 game, New England in a close one.

So how many are starting the Patriots D tonight even if they have other sweet options? Hearing rain might let up and its not going to be windy.

Users who are viewing this thread