What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets Season (1 Viewer)

beerbarron

Footballguy
Was wondering how many wins everybody thinks the JETS get this year.. My over under is 12.. Im takin the under...

Was wondering how many wins everybody thinks the JETS get this year.. My over under is 12.. Im takin the under...
IMO, you set a pretty High Over Under.... Yeah, I'll take the under also on that number.

I'd set the over under at 10.5 and guess from there.

This is a team that will have a lot of turn over IMO.

Given the offseason they are ahead of a lot of teams in Preparation.

But, a lot of team are also ahead of them in Prep AND less turnover.

IMO, the will need to revamp the WR's after losing at least 1 possibly their top 2 WR"s and will have to get a new CB up to speed if my wish of Cromartie Gone comes true....

The DL has 2 Rookies in the rotation.

At 12, how could you not take the under - I'm not predicting 13 wins with that schedule.

I'll count the bolded games below as "EVEN" or a toss up game then I always count Miami and Buffalo as tough games and possible splits.. Both teams look improved on paper.

And going to Denver and Oakland stinks.

Not a lot of Gimmee games here...

Sep 11 Dallas 8:20 pm

Sep 18 Jacksonville 1:00 pm

Sep 25 @Oakland 4:05 pm

Oct 2 @Baltimore 8:20 pm

Oct 9 @New England 4:15 pm

Oct 17 Miami 8:30 pm

Oct 23 San Diego 1:00 pm

Week 8 BYE

Nov 6 @Buffalo 1:00 pm

Nov 13 New England 8:20 pm

Nov 17 @Denver 8:20 pm

Nov 27 Buffalo 1:00 pm

Dec 4 @Washington 1:00 pm

Dec 11 Kansas City 1:00 pm

Dec 18 @Philadelphia 4:15 pm

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm

Jan 1 @Miami 1:00 pm

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, you set a pretty High Over Under.... Yeah, I'll take the under also on that number.

I'd set the over under at 10.5 and guess from there.

This is a team that will have a lot of turn over IMO.

Given the offseason they are ahead of a lot of teams in Preparation.

But, a lot of team are also ahead of them in Prep AND less turnover.

IMO, the will need to revamp the WR's after losing at least 1 possibly their top 2 WR"s and will have to get a new CB up to speed if my wish of Cromartie Gone comes true....

The DL has 2 Rookies in the rotation.

At 12, how could you not take the under - I'm not predicting 13 wins with that schedule.

I'll count the bolded games below as "EVEN" or a toss up game then I always count Miami and Buffalo as tough games and possible splits.. Both teams look improved on paper.

And going to Denver and Oakland stinks.

Not a lot of Gimmee games here...

Sep 11 Dallas 8:20 pm

Sep 18 Jacksonville 1:00 pm

Sep 25 @Oakland 4:05 pm

Oct 2 @Baltimore 8:20 pm

Oct 9 @New England 4:15 pm

Oct 17 Miami 8:30 pm

Oct 23 San Diego 1:00 pm

Week 8 BYE

Nov 6 @Buffalo 1:00 pm

Nov 13 New England 8:20 pm

Nov 17 @Denver 8:20 pm

Nov 27 Buffalo 1:00 pm

Dec 4 @Washington 1:00 pm

Dec 11 Kansas City 1:00 pm

Dec 18 @Philadelphia 4:15 pm

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm

Jan 1 @Miami 1:00 pm
I thought you guys played the NFC West??Thats a good post... I made a bet with a jet fan and he established that number... 12 as the O/U .. S0 if the Jets win 12 its a push.. Like I mentioned to him too... Dont forget the jets were 3-0 in OT games last year also..

IF sanchise continues to get better they could flirt with 12+.. still a solid D to keep them in games but the question at reciever could be crucial to the Offensive production...

I thought you guys played the NFC West too??Thats a good post... I made a bet with a jet fan and he established that number... Dont forget the jets were 3-0 in OT games last year also.. IF sanchise continues to get better they could flirt with 12+.. still a solid D to keep them in games but the question at reciever could be crucial the Offensive production...
IMO, that Jet fan is Silly.... I'd question how long he was a Jets fan since most of us long termers are quite a bit squeemish trying to predict too much success, Rex Ryan or not.The way the NFL is, unless you are an absolute Solid top team that has cashed in like Pitt, NE and GB, without much turnover then it's crazy to predict too many wins.Just a few key injuries crushes that win total easily.If you say the Jets win 3 of those 7 Real tough games and then split with Miami / Buffalo then win ALL their "winnable" games (including Oak and Den Trips), then that takes you to 10 Wins....Maybe they sweep Buffalo but lose a "winnable" game.... But, to me 10 looks like a good numer, give them .5 for Rex bravado...Under / Over should be 10.5 I'd like to also put money on the under 12 mark if he's still taking bets.

I thought you guys played the NFC West too??Thats a good post... I made a bet with a jet fan and he established that number... Dont forget the jets were 3-0 in OT games last year also.. IF sanchise continues to get better they could flirt with 12+.. still a solid D to keep them in games but the question at reciever could be crucial the Offensive production...
IMO, that Jet fan is Silly.... I'd question how long he was a Jets fan since most of us long termers are quite a bit squeemish trying to predict too much success, Rex Ryan or not.The way the NFL is, unless you are an absolute Solid top team that has cashed in like Pitt, NE and GB, without much turnover then it's crazy to predict too many wins.Just a few key injuries crushes that win total easily.If you say the Jets win 3 of those 7 Real tough games and then split with Miami / Buffalo then win ALL their "winnable" games (including Oak and Den Trips), then that takes you to 10 Wins....Maybe they sweep Buffalo but lose a "winnable" game.... But, to me 10 looks like a good numer, give them .5 for Rex bravado...Under / Over should be 10.5 I'd like to also put money on the under 12 mark if he's still taking bets.
Reaper.. this guy has been a Jets fan his whole life... we had a discussion and the O/A was set at 12.. I think he likes the push at 12.. maybe he is high on Rex.. dont know... Hes been with them through the Just End The Season, seasons... He cited the NFC west on the schedule as one reason.. I think at worst they go 2/2 against them... easily 3-1.. but ya never know... maybe hes drinkin to much kool aid.. but he thinks its a fair bet... I wonder if vegas does this kind of thing..(they should) I have been doing it with friends for years.. always adds fun and interest to the season...

I think KC and Jacksonville could put up a good fight. The Jets IMO wont make the playoffs this year. Sanchez will bring them down and throw at least 20 picks. It will be a grind out season

I thought you guys played the NFC West too??

Thats a good post... I made a bet with a jet fan and he established that number... Dont forget the jets were 3-0 in OT games last year also..

IF sanchise continues to get better they could flirt with 12+.. still a solid D to keep them in games but the question at reciever could be crucial the Offensive production...
IMO, that Jet fan is Silly.... I'd question how long he was a Jets fan since most of us long termers are quite a bit squeemish trying to predict too much success, Rex Ryan or not.

The way the NFL is, unless you are an absolute Solid top team that has cashed in like Pitt, NE and GB, without much turnover then it's crazy to predict too many wins.

Just a few key injuries crushes that win total easily.

If you say the Jets win 3 of those 7 Real tough games and then split with Miami / Buffalo then win ALL their "winnable" games (including Oak and Den Trips), then that takes you to 10 Wins....

Maybe they sweep Buffalo but lose a "winnable" game.... But, to me 10 looks like a good numer, give them .5 for Rex bravado...

Under / Over should be 10.5

I'd like to also put money on the under 12 mark if he's still taking bets.
Reaper.. this guy has been a Jets fan his whole life... we had a discussion and the O/A was set at 12.. I think he likes the push at 12.. maybe he is high on Rex.. dont know... Hes been with them through the Just End The Season, seasons... He cited the NFC west on the schedule as one reason.. I think at worst they go 2/2 against them... easily 3-1.. but ya never know... maybe hes drinkin to much kool aid.. but he thinks its a fair bet... I wonder if vegas does this kind of thing..(they should) I have been doing it with friends for years.. always adds fun and interest to the season...
They don't face the NFC West this year - they play the NFC East.

I think KC and Jacksonville could put up a good fight. The Jets IMO wont make the playoffs this year. Sanchez will bring them down and throw at least 20 picks. It will be a grind out season
I can agree with your first sentence - as Jacksonville, at least, has played them tough in recent years and Kansas City has some nice talent and Cassell played well against them as a first year starter in NE. However, why would Sanchez regress in year 3? He's now played well two years in a row on the biggest stages against the toughest AFC teams. He should be taking a step forward this year - and has been a team leader this offseason. He arranged their mini-camp, flew everyone in and paid for their luxury condos to stay in. He's struggled at times, but most young QB so - however he's now won 4 playoff games on the road agaisnt Cinncy, SD, Indy and NE - not too bad.

I can agree with your first sentence - as Jacksonville, at least, has played them tough in recent years and Kansas City has some nice talent and Cassell played well against them as a first year starter in NE. However, why would Sanchez regress in year 3? He's now played well two years in a row on the biggest stages against the toughest AFC teams. He should be taking a step forward this year - and has been a team leader this offseason. He arranged their mini-camp, flew everyone in and paid for their luxury condos to stay in. He's struggled at times, but most young QB so - however he's now won 4 playoff games on the road agaisnt Cinncy, SD, Indy and NE - not too bad.
For all the talk about Sanchez, does anybody else think Shonn Greene is the real key to the Jets' season? The running game could be dominant with that O-line if Greene can be more than just a guy. The D is stout, and Sanchez has already proven he can manage a game and make the odd play here and there: if they have a real beast running the ball, they can be as good as anyone.

9Sep 11 Dallas 8:20 pm W

Sep 18 Jacksonville 1:00 pm W

Sep 25 @Oakland 4:05 pm W

Oct 2 @Baltimore 8:20 pm L

Oct 9 @New England 4:15 pm L

Oct 17 Miami 8:30 pm W

Oct 23 San Diego 1:00 pm L

Week 8 BYE

Nov 6 @Buffalo 1:00 pm W

Nov 13 New England 8:20 pm L

Nov 17 @Denver 8:20 pm W

Nov 27 Buffalo 1:00 pm W

Dec 4 @Washington 1:00 pm W

Dec 11 Kansas City 1:00 pm L

Dec 18 @Philadelphia 4:15 pm L

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm L

Jan 1 @Miami 1:00 pm W

I am a realistic Jet fan. It has been a tough 40 years. The Ryan Jets are different. The Jets are better than the Patriots finally. Haven't the Jets crushed the Pats 2 of their last 3 meetings. The Jets will beat the Chargers at home. We held Rodgers to 9 points at home. If Sanchez gets a little better, I can certainly see the Jets winning 12 games. Would I make that bet? Of course not when I can get a lower number in Vegas.

I think Adrenaline is being a little harsh assuming 2 L's to the Pats and home losses to the Chiefs, Chargers and Giants. I would bet that the Jets win 2 of those 3 games. Easily besting the Chiefs and winning one of the 2 other games.

'Dr. Octopus said:

Thats a good post... I made a bet with a jet fan and he established that number... Dont forget the jets were 3-0 in OT games last year also..

IF sanchise continues to get better they could flirt with 12+.. still a solid D to keep them in games but the question at reciever could be crucial the Offensive production...
IMO, that Jet fan is Silly.... I'd question how long he was a Jets fan since most of us long termers are quite a bit squeemish trying to predict too much success, Rex Ryan or not.

The way the NFL is, unless you are an absolute Solid top team that has cashed in like Pitt, NE and GB, without much turnover then it's crazy to predict too many wins.

If you say the Jets win 3 of those 7 Real tough games and then split with Miami / Buffalo then win ALL their "winnable" games (including Oak and Den Trips), then that takes you to 10 Wins....

Maybe they sweep Buffalo but lose a "winnable" game.... But, to me 10 looks like a good numer, give them .5 for Rex bravado...

Nice.... He told me they would win 13.... without knowing their schedule I didnt see it.. 11 seems like a fair number..Kris Jenkins just retired.. maybe thats not news to jet fans.. I wasnt sure if he was coming back...

'Dr. Octopus said:

Nice.... He told me they would win 13.... without knowing their schedule I didnt see it.. 11 seems like a fair number..Kris Jenkins just retired.. maybe thats not news to jet fans.. I wasnt sure if he was coming back...
Jenkins would have been a FA anyway - and they basically played without him for the last two seasons. He was injured in the first half on the opening night game in 2010, and during Week 8 (?) of the 2009 season.

'Dr. Octopus said:

They do face the AFC West, so maybe that's what confused him.

True.. Its his 5th ACL tear... ouch.. but Jenkins seemed like a vocal leader.. not that there arent any others on the D that can step up..

Perhaps he was confused by the AFC/NFC West Division.. NFC East should be tougher than the AFC East..

I can see them topping out at 11 wins...

Between 7-9, I think they finish 3rd in their division this year and dont make the playoffs.

1. vs Cowboys L

2. vs Jaguars W

3. @ Raiders W

4. @ Ravens L

5. @ Patriots L

6. vs Dolphins W

7. vs Chargers L

BYE

9. @ Bills L

10. vs Patriots L

11. @ Broncos W

12. vs Bills W