What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jim Schwartz's use errr misuse of Megatron (1 Viewer)

Apart from week 1 (When he JUST missed 2 TDs,) what was all the fuss about? He was still putting up useable fantasy numbers in a standard PPR

Week 1: 9 (Just missed 2 TDs)

2: 17 (1 TD)

3: 12

4: 27 (2 TDs)

5: 15 (1 TD)

6: 27 (1 TD)

8: 37 (3 TDs)

Fully satisfied with my Round 2.4 pick. Things will only continue to get better with Stafford/Best/Burelson back healthy, or at least playing.

In 7 games this season Megatron is averaging:

5.43 catches per game

76.86 receiving yards per game

1.14 receiving TD's per game

He's on pace for 87 catches, 1230 yards and 18 TD's

The biggest concern for me is that his YPC number is a career low right now - meaning the Lions aren't getting him the ball down the field quite as much as they used too and he's taking a bit of a beating on all the underneath stuff. 14.2 is still solid, but I'd like to see it creep back up towards the 15 YPC range as the season goes along.

He's still one of the 3-4 best WR's in the NFL and in fantasy. Maybe even higher than that if Stafford can manage to stay healthy and Pettigrew helps take some of the safety help off him. The hate for Calvin on this site is hilarious.

The hate for Calvin on this site is hilarious.
Agreed. I love me some Calvin Johnson! In my main $$$ redraft league, I've had him every season since he left Tech. He's saved my #### many times, including yesterday, when Randy Moss and Big Ben left me needing 21 points to win. I think alot of the confusion (hate) comes from the fact that you can not project what Calvin will do in any given game. Anytime I think he'll be quiet, he has 3 TDs; the games I think he'll be dominant in... not so much. WR's will always tend to be all-or-nothing fantasy performers, but Calvin is distinctly unpredictable. I imagine that alot of guys look at a performance like week 3 and can't reconcile that an athlete of his calliber is unable to turn 6 catches into any more than 5 fantasy points. If they see that Desean Jackson or Hakeem Nicks go 6-56-0, they chalk the lack of FF productivity up to 'he's always streaky' or 'the D must have conceded the underneath stuff'. But with Calvin, it's 'they threw to him all day, and he STILL couldn't score'.

How about when Johnson is the lone bright spot of the day? He saved an otherwise horrific FF outing for me.

Due to Turner and McCoy on their byes, I started Lynch and Caddy. Ouch.

Boldin was on a bye. I left Sims-Walker on the bench as usual and went with the "hot" Big Mike Williams. #%$%@!

Zach Miller might as well have stayed in the locker room. Yuck.

At least I had Johnson to put in an impressive performance. Next Sunday cannot get here fast enough to put yesterday behind me.

In 7 games this season Megatron is averaging:

5.43 catches per game

76.86 receiving yards per game

1.14 receiving TD's per game

He's on pace for 87 catches, 1230 yards and 18 TD's

The biggest concern for me is that his YPC number is a career low right now - meaning the Lions aren't getting him the ball down the field quite as much as they used too and he's taking a bit of a beating on all the underneath stuff. 14.2 is still solid, but I'd like to see it creep back up towards the 15 YPC range as the season goes along.

He's still one of the 3-4 best WR's in the NFL and in fantasy. Maybe even higher than that if Stafford can manage to stay healthy and Pettigrew helps take some of the safety help off him. The hate for Calvin on this site is hilarious.
I would say that had a lot to do with Shaun Hill being in there. I think that goes up with Stafford, who is much better deep thrower.

In 7 games this season Megatron is averaging:5.43 catches per game76.86 receiving yards per game1.14 receiving TD's per gameHe's on pace for 87 catches, 1230 yards and 18 TD'sThe biggest concern for me is that his YPC number is a career low right now - meaning the Lions aren't getting him the ball down the field quite as much as they used too and he's taking a bit of a beating on all the underneath stuff. 14.2 is still solid, but I'd like to see it creep back up towards the 15 YPC range as the season goes along.He's still one of the 3-4 best WR's in the NFL and in fantasy. Maybe even higher than that if Stafford can manage to stay healthy and Pettigrew helps take some of the safety help off him. The hate for Calvin on this site is hilarious.
If they'd quit throwing short TD passes to him, his YPC numbers would improve markedly.Signed,Jahvid Best owner (grr)

Users who are viewing this thread