What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Needs Your Help - Bringing Back The Old MyFBG (1 Viewer)

Top 200 is out.  I can see the rankings, but my players and free agents aren't highlighted.  That feature is working on the weekly cheatsheet, so what gives?

i'm about at my breaking point as well. What's the point of paying for a service/site that changes everything at peak drafting season (to where it won't work properly), seems to at least make an effort to fix/ revert to what does work only to have the functionality still not work after week 1...and the kicker... basically abandon all communication with it's customers. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan & really do hope they right the ship...but at this time, i'm overly frustrated. 

I've found this site to usually be open and honest over the years, while running their business in a way that allows fun interaction and communication with its customers. I'm pretty shocked that there still hasn't been a "hey guys, we really screwed things up this month. here's a few things we've learned, and here's where we are at." email. Even more shocked that they chose rather to email about site and price changes. 

Bloom's waiver report is useless too for me as rosters are not up to date. And none of the links work on the classic myfbg page that are supposed to take me into the fbguys...... page to sync or fix the problem. 

I could get things to sync on my iPad last week even though it was missing positions and other functions.   Now it just sits at syncing and the help file says to email if you get that error with user name and browser so I did and the response I got is below.  Looks like it is self service or nothing, I picked the wrong year to sign up for the 3 year package.

Hi Footballguy. Let’s do this. Your request (6585) has been received and we've got our guys looking at this for you. We know nobody's got time to be having problems - especially with Fantasy Football.

But we have to be honest with you. Traffic is off the charts and we’re struggling to provide one on one support. As much as we love talking to you individually, our best way we’re going to be able to help is this: If you're experiencing issues with MyFBG for 2016, we have all the help articles you need to get going here: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/205986487-MyFBG-Setup We think we’ve got just about everything covered here we’ve seen from people.

In the meantime, stay awesome. And thanks for being part of Footballguys and let’s have a great season.

How do I complain to them about this 200 feature? I feel like paying for a service and not getting what you paid for the day before the first waiver week is processed is pretty huge. I'm pissed about this right now.

Let me vent too. This is my 10th season of subscribing to FBG. There are lots of other paid fantasy services and an increasing number of free services. I stay because the online tools with MyFBG are legitimately useful and in past seasons, 95% of my usage of the site has been MyFBG. I also stay because the FBG folks seem to care about fantasy football, care about their customers, and I have read enough of their stuff over the years that their personalities come through and they have become familiar and relatable.

I was so excited in the offseason to see they were going with a new modern web interface for MyFBG, and then dismayed to see it didn't really work and they just realized how much it was broken a week and a half before the season began. The current Classic MyFBG is a real step backwards from where it was for the last few years. It is more or less working for me (it remembers my leagues and scoring), but I have to manually update the roster for each of my leagues every time I want to use it. But now, the most useful tool of all, Top 200, doesn't highlight the Free Agents and my rostered players.  This makes it no better than any of the other free lists I can find anywhere else on the Internet. Top 200 more than anything else is the killer app on FBG for me. I really want and need to to work at least as well as it has for the last few years.

FBG seems like such an integral part of my fall experience, that I feel like I have a lot invested in them. I hope they get the kinks worked out soon. I am really rooting for them to succeed in the same way I root for my favorite teams. But this is frustrating, and the lack of communication on this is really crushing. The only way I have been able to learn anything about the status of MyFBG is to manually dig through forum posts. I have been under the impression that MyFBG is the crown jewel feature of the site. So the lack of communication on this feature is especially bothersome. It implies they don't know about the scope of the problems or they don't yet have a handle on how to fix them and don't want the negative publicity associated with openly discussion the issue when they don't have the ability to promise a timely solution.

It's crazy that they do not have a support email to contact. I'd like to know the status of this issue but oh well. Guess DFS is more important nowadays.

I don't think DeMarco would show up in Bloom's WW report anyway.  They say they cast a wide net, but I'd guess he's owned in 99% of leagues.
Then why does the heading say this?

This is Sigmund Bloom's world-famous waiver wire report, except it only shows players who are actually on the waiver wire in YOUR league

Wait, so is the gist of this that we aren't supposed to be using the new my.footballguys? I didn't know about this thread and have been using it up until to today. I came in here because I was looking for some explanation for why week 2 wasn't getting any data. Are they abandoning it?

Still can't get my rosters to sync
Did you try IE.  The instructions say chrome is the best, but it wouldn't work for me in chrome.  After some tinkering it worked with IE.

I got rid of every single football guys cookie and started over.

Works just like the old one once you get it dialed.

I also can't get anything to sync this morning.  Was working fine last night when I was checking back to see if they had figured out the top 200 prior to the first waivers of the year (which they didn't).  Now, not able to sync in chrome, IE, or firefox.

Starting to smell like refund in here.

Anybody have a recommendation for another site/service? I've got 11 teams to manage and I'm just sick about this not working. I pay the money to save time. I'm also now to the point of be incensed at the lack of response. A simple "I'm sorry we ####ed up" would really go a long way towards mollifying me.

Did you try IE.  The instructions say chrome is the best, but it wouldn't work for me in chrome.  After some tinkering it worked with IE.

I got rid of every single football guys cookie and started over.

Works just like the old one once you get it dialed.
Tried IE and Safari on both desktop and mobile. I get nothing. Just keeps saying that it's syncing and please stand by. Then it times out.

Tried IE and Safari on both desktop and mobile. I get nothing. Just keeps saying that it's syncing and please stand by. Then it times out.
Exactly the same thing for me, it was very disappointing to not have it for drafting but to have it continue to be an issue in week 2 is even worse.

This is ridiculous. I can't sync rosters and the Top 200 Forward isn't working like it used to. We're a week into the season and service I paid for doesn't work as advertised. Horrible. As much as I love using the VBD Excel App for all my drafts, I'll be looking elsewhere for fantasy info next season. I can't justify spending money on something that doesn't work.

Anybody have a recommendation for another site/service? I've got 11 teams to manage and I'm just sick about this not working. I pay the money to save time. I'm also now to the point of be incensed at the lack of response. A simple "I'm sorry we ####ed up" would really go a long way towards mollifying me.
This X 1,000! I can't tell if they're scared, or embarrassed, or hesitant to bring the issues to the attention of all subscribers, or have so many issues that they don't even know where to begin, or so full of themselves that they think all is fine, or being advised by legal/investors to keep silent.......or most likely a combo of all above. 

Communication at this point needs to be in mass (email and/or prominent website location), not just some staffer popping into a msg board thread occasionally. 

The fact that they locked the app related threads and require that you send questions in via email is one thing. But the fact that they haven't responded to a single email I've sent is another.

Just a heads up ... if you go to the NEW MYFBG they still have K Allen as WR15 in the "rest of the season tab"  :no: .   My guess is they are just being updated in the classic (or I may just be doing something wrong)
I mentioned this in the 200 forward post, but may be worth mentioning it here as well.

Hawk Fan said:
Top 200 is out.  I can see the rankings, but my players and free agents aren't highlighted.  That feature is working on the weekly cheatsheet, so what gives?
Stumbled upon this page today and following the "If this does not resolve the issue..." link finally updated my Yahoo league rosters in MyFBG Classic and now reflects properly in Waiver Wire report, 10-second primer, weekly cheatsheets, Top 200 going forward, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking to me that there is no official communication on this.   Plenty of issues and no active conversations with actual representatives is beyond frustrating and makes me question if  they share the same concerns regarding the issues as the paid users.   

@Joe Bryant

@FBG Moderator

Yotes1 said:

This is Sigmund Bloom's world-famous waiver wire report, except it only shows players who are actually on the waiver wire in YOUR league
I have no idea why it says anything.  It uses his general waiver report and personalizes it for people available in your league.  A waiver report including players like Demarco Murray would be usesless.  It's essentially a top 200 list.  Out of every national writer, Bloom does the best job of including as many people as possible without including too many.  This should be common sense.

Stumbled upon this page today and following the "If this does not resolve the issue..." link finally updated my Yahoo league rosters in MyFBG Classic and now reflects properly in Waiver Wire report, 10-second primer, weekly cheatsheets, Top 200 going forward, etc.
Worked perfect. PC w/Windows, Firefox

Thanks!

I don't think DeMarco would show up in Bloom's WW report anyway.  They say they cast a wide net, but I'd guess he's owned in 99% of leagues.

This is Sigmund Bloom's world-famous waiver wire report, except it only shows players who are actually on the waiver wire in YOUR league

I have no idea why it says anything.  It uses his general waiver report and personalizes it for people available in your league.  A waiver report including players like Demarco Murray would be usesless.  It's essentially a top 200 list.  Out of every national writer, Bloom does the best job of including as many people as possible without including too many.  This should be common sense.
Ok...I understand Murray is an outlier, but don't understand why Wentz, Siemien show up but Fitzpatrick does not.  Especially since Fitz is ranked ahead of them for Week 2 in Bloom's own rankings and also in the "going forward" rankings.  I guess it's just best to use those features and forget about the waiver wire report. There are similar examples at other positions.

This is Sigmund Bloom's world-famous waiver wire report, except it only shows players who are actually on the waiver wire in YOUR league

Ok...I understand Murray is an outlier, but don't understand why Wentz, Siemien show up but Fitzpatrick does not.  Especially since Fitz is ranked ahead of them for Week 2 in Bloom's own rankings and also in the "going forward" rankings.  I guess it's just best to use those features and forget about the waiver wire report. There are similar examples at other positions.
For the same reason that it doesn't show Adrian Peterson, or Kelvin Benjamin?  Because above a certain adp it's pointless to list guys as potential waiver adds just in case in some quirky league their owner has panic-dumped them?

I don't want to read a waiver article on any site and have to sift through "David Johnson is worth 100% of your budget if available!" to find actionable recommendations.  

That's the problem here, you shouldn't be using any tool exclusively, and you should always check the actual free agents in your league.  A week 2 waiver report including top 20 guys at their position, like Fitz and DeMarco, is useless.   These guys are 99.9% owned.  You can't include guys that help 0.01%.  No one should need Bloom's advice to pick these guys up.  

DeMarco start off top 20 and scored 2 TDs on 5 receptions and 90 total yards this week.  If someone drafted him and then dropped him after that week, I'd be looking for a new owner.

A note of gratitude to all the hard work that Joe and the FBG staff put into making MyFBG the amazing resource that it is. The heart of the tool is beating just as strong as it used to. I also really appreciate the way you all managed the messiness of the potential transition to a fully upgraded system, then realized that it needed more time and found a way to make it functional. There are several ol' skool fantasy football websites that have ossified and, as a long time FBG subscriber, I really appreciate the thinking around making a great product even better to differentiate yourselves. You're learning from well-intended mistakes and I know that next year you'll have something that doesn't just give us the data we need but also looks amazing and loads quickly. Thanks! 

I received an email from support today that they released a new version that should fix my issues and it fixed the syncing issue.   I appreciate the fix but still think the fact that the only email I recieved other than a canned response was about a price increase.  The communication was handled very poorly and still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  

The top 200 still dos not include any DBs nor is it an option in the filter.

Hey guys, we did do a fairly major upgrade yesterday.

Specifically, we first upgraded the framework the new system uses to the latest stable version; this resolves issues people were having in chrome on iOS.

We also changed strategies everywhere but chrome for how the new system is trying to save your league data; in all other browsers, it was trying to use a browser database to cache it for you. The effect of this being changed is that it is a) it is far more reliable in terms of leagues not disappearing or duplicating; b) It also means every sync goes 10-20 secs consistently now rather than being unpredictable (if you already had stuff downloaded) and c) can be fully used in all private browsing modes including firefox's.

We made some other IE fixes too; because of this we were able to remove lots of the warning messages about IE and firefox private browsing we had up previously.

If you are experiencing issues with chrome, please try that clear cache trick. The only explanation for this we're aware of is that the browser has got itself into a strange state because of previous issues which should now be resolved.

Thank you, again, for everyone's patience on this. We have learnt an awful lot over the last few weeks, and will absolutely adjust our plans for future products and how we do things accordingly. I think the biggest mistake has been not communicating with you guys well enough and early enough. Both before we even plan a feature, and during/after the release.

Once that is done next steps for us here are to get the new inseason features into the mobile apps, because the classic MyFBG is not a great experience on mobile. As for the new MyFootballguys system on the web, we'll continue developing that but don't plan on forcing it on anyone anytime soon. Likely we'll look to build out a very large beta test team and use that to further refine that system for the future. This release did include some improvements to that new system, but the focus for us at this point is to get the Classic MyFBG working as smoothly as we can. We have two more minor changes coming there soon too; one will be a "update rosters for all my leagues" button and the second will be to help people who use two accounts in the same browser from getting data mixed up.

*edit: the first of this changes is on the MyFBG page now. It's this link: http://my.footballguys.com/?returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsubscribers.footballguys.com%2Fmyfbg%2Fmy.php&uid=94256#licaexportall

That is going to redirect you to a shell of the new system, that will iterate through your leagues one by one, getting latest rosters for each, and then send you and that data back to Classic MyFBG.

Thanks for the communication and thanks for getting the MyFBG Classic back to where it was as of last year. Getting color coding to work in Top 200 is really valuable to me. Also, adding a link to sync all of your leagues at once is also helpful.

If the plan is to use MyFBG Classic for the rest of 2016, can you restore the auto syncing for leagues? In the past, I almost never had to tell MyFBG to manually sync the rosters. Unless there were transactions that were less than an hour old, it seemed to have already updated the rosters.

Also, while you guys are tinkering, I have a feature request: Right now the Top 200 seems to give the total points projection for a player through the end of the NFL season. I would really like it to only total the number of projected fantasy points through the end of the fantasy season. You already have the data about the fantasy season length since Playoff Weeks is one of your data fields. In my league, which ends in Week 16, that would mean that Week 17 numbers are not used at all.

This matters very little this early in the season, but in the second half of the season it can make a difference in evaluating the relative value of players.

Thanks for the communication and thanks for getting the MyFBG Classic back to where it was as of last year. Getting color coding to work in Top 200 is really valuable to me. Also, adding a link to sync all of your leagues at once is also helpful.

If the plan is to use MyFBG Classic for the rest of 2016, can you restore the auto syncing for leagues? In the past, I almost never had to tell MyFBG to manually sync the rosters. Unless there were transactions that were less than an hour old, it seemed to have already updated the rosters.
What I would recommend for this is bookmarking the link in my last post, and using that as your entry point to MyFBG. I understand that feature and its importance, but bringing it back in exactly the way it was last year might be quite tough at this point.

Again with concerns to syncing speeds: everything but desktop/android chrome won't store data in your browser so will take 10-20 secs. Desktop/android chrome will, so after the first sync, will be quite quick.

Simon Shepherd said:

Specifically, we first upgraded the framework the new system uses to the latest stable version; this resolves issues people were having in chrome on iOS.

We also changed strategies everywhere but chrome for how the new system is trying to save your league data; in all other browsers, it was trying to use a browser database to cache it for you. The effect of this being changed is that it is a) it is far more reliable in terms of leagues not disappearing or duplicating; b) It also means every sync goes 10-20 secs consistently now rather than being unpredictable (if you already had stuff downloaded) and c) can be fully used in all private browsing modes including firefox's.

We made some other IE fixes too; because of this we were able to remove lots of the warning messages about IE and firefox private browsing we had up previously.

If you are experiencing issues with chrome, please try that clear cache trick. The only explanation for this we're aware of is that the browser has got itself into a strange state because of previous issues which should now be resolved.

Thank you, again, for everyone's patience on this. We have learnt an awful lot over the last few weeks, and will absolutely adjust our plans for future products and how we do things accordingly. I think the biggest mistake has been not communicating with you guys well enough and early enough. Both before we even plan a feature, and during/after the release.

Once that is done next steps for us here are to get the new inseason features into the mobile apps, because the classic MyFBG is not a great experience on mobile. As for the new MyFootballguys system on the web, we'll continue developing that but don't plan on forcing it on anyone anytime soon. Likely we'll look to build out a very large beta test team and use that to further refine that system for the future. This release did include some improvements to that new system, but the focus for us at this point is to get the Classic MyFBG working as smoothly as we can. We have two more minor changes coming there soon too; one will be a "update rosters for all my leagues" button and the second will be to help people who use two accounts in the same browser from getting data mixed up.

*edit: the first of this changes is on the MyFBG page now. It's this link: http://my.footballguys.com/?returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsubscribers.footballguys.com%2Fmyfbg%2Fmy.php&uid=94256#licaexportall

That is going to redirect you to a shell of the new system, that will iterate through your leagues one by one, getting latest rosters for each, and then send you and that data back to Classic MyFBG.
Tried using that link and it timed out and said try using the new myFootballguys to sync?? Hope this didn't screw up classic for me as I think it's been working lately

Simon Shepherd said:

Assuming these things actually work and that is a huge assumption, this is what is called a bug fix not an upgrade.

Tried using that link and it timed out and said try using the new myFootballguys to sync?? Hope this didn't screw up classic for me as I think it's been working lately
MyFBG "classic"  appears to be fukked up.  I have 2 leagues, no matter which one I set as my default, only one appears in the drop down for Custom Waiver Wire Report.  When I run the report for that one league, players that have been picked up show as players to pick up.  Why would I look further on the page? 

Programming talent may or may not be an issue.  One thing that is known is that management of this fiasco has been a real issue.  When I say management I don't mean in the general sense, I mean the actual managers (assuming those people exist).  People should be fired for this.  You clearly do not know what you are doing when it comes to managing IT.

Rankings on MyFBG will not export to Excel.  Huge problem for me personally, enough that I will cancel service if not resolved this morning

Users who are viewing this thread