What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Webb #2 (1 Viewer)

plyka

Footballguy
Who is taking the risk on Joe Webb tomorrow night? If you wait until tomorrow, and have him in your WR slot, there won't be many options available to most folks. So, post any news here and give us your comments as well.

In my championship game, we both had absolutely horrendous weekends. I basically scored half of my usual, and I am UP 13 points going into this Monday/Tuesday night game. We both have 2 players remaining. I could go with Devry Henderson, a guy i picked up in case of a FAvre emergency. But this is the championship game, so i think i'm going for it all, and playing Webb.

Anyone have any updates on the situation?

I'm going back and forth right now on starting him. My other option is Meachem tonight, and I'm losing my championships by a good margin right now (90-46). I still have Vick, Turner, Celek and Meachem or Webb - other team has AP and Akers.

I just think Webb gives me the best opportunity and has the highest ceiling. Latest reports I have heard say Favre is very doubtful at this point.

I was the 6 seed and am now in the playoffs playing against the 2nd seed. I am up by 7 and he has turner and brees and I have white and webb. I am basically going with Webb because I know I will need a good 15 to 20 points after tonight to be the champ.

Farve has been ruled out.

Webb in at WR.. Colston out..

if you need 25+ points.. i would maybe consider Colston.

but im just looking for 10-15 points to keep a safe 30 point lead over peterson. I take Webb to get me that 10 points over any receiver.

Webb will most likely not give me 20 points.. but I can see colston getting shut out of then endzone which puts him around 4-7 points.

if you need that homerun points, 25+ I would take a decent receiver and hope to get lucky.

Just think about it.. how many times does a QB give you under 5 points.. and how many times does a receiver give you under 5 points... even the best relievers get under 5 points on multiple occasions

I actually think that Webb is the high risk high reward play, so if you NEED monster numbers, it's really Webb i would start.

For anyone starting Webb, see if Avant is still available.
Yeah, I picked up Avant and Devery Henderson as backup plans. Looks like Webb is still good to go, so he stays in over Henderson. If I hear otherwise tomorrow, Avant will go in over him but Im feeling good about Webb despite last weeks Favrenanigans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avant is a great call, if i would have thought about Avant, he would have been my #1 pick over Devery Henderson who is now useless to me. Unfortunately, at 10 am Sunday, we can no longer make roster additions/subtractions, i'm not sure how many leagues allow it.

I highly, highly doubt that Favre comes back. The question for me is, what are the chances that the Minni coaches decide to start the 3rd string backup instead of Webb?

Avant is a great call, if i would have thought about Avant, he would have been my #1 pick over Devery Henderson who is now useless to me. Unfortunately, at 10 am Sunday, we can no longer make roster additions/subtractions, i'm not sure how many leagues allow it.I highly, highly doubt that Favre comes back. The question for me is, what are the chances that the Minni coaches decide to start the 3rd string backup instead of Webb?
Webb has taken all of the first string reps at practice each day this week, so yeah, that sounds like a real worry.

Avant is a great call, if i would have thought about Avant, he would have been my #1 pick over Devery Henderson who is now useless to me. Unfortunately, at 10 am Sunday, we can no longer make roster additions/subtractions, i'm not sure how many leagues allow it.I highly, highly doubt that Favre comes back. The question for me is, what are the chances that the Minni coaches decide to start the 3rd string backup instead of Webb?
Webb has taken all of the first string reps at practice each day this week, so yeah, that sounds like a real worry.
:football: They also said sometiem during MNF that Favre again failed the concussion test today, they wont give him one tomorrow, so he's out :D

Users who are viewing this thread