What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Brown Hype Train- Not as bad of reach as I thought (3 Viewers)

FWIW - Watching Fantasy Football Now and Matthew Berry just noting that John Brown "has a hamstring issue in BOTH legs" and referenced Stephania Bell did a lot of digging on this injury to come up with that.

I can't wait until MNF pre-game, so I'm pulling out. Can't risk the doughnut.

FWIW - Watching Fantasy Football Now and Matthew Berry just noting that John Brown "has a hamstring issue in BOTH legs" and referenced Stephania Bell did a lot of digging on this injury to come up with that.

I can't wait until MNF pre-game, so I'm pulling out. Can't risk the doughnut.
Arians said this yesterday and rotoworld had it. He got in limited practice saturday and has said he's a full go. Match up doesn't get better. I'm rolling.

i think his value is undetermined as he begins to hit his stride and the team finds out ways to use him all over the field.

I think he's a top 20 WR, and probably closer to a Top 15...

Trading him would be a monumental mistakr

You're watching Antonio Brown from 2yrs ago
I agree with the talent comparison. Fantasy-wise, the Cardinals are still spreading it around a lot. Fitz is still Fitz. The Steelers force-feed the ball to Antonio Brown on a weekly basis (at least while Ben is QB).

I'm on board this train all the way though, so I hope you are right.

Next season could be his absolute stud certifying season, as Fitz will be a year older, and Floyd will likely be gone.

Hope he stays healthy and sticks to his dedicated attitude. Love his kind of ethic and story. Easy to root for

Well ####...

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers said "there are indications" the Cardinals will hold out John Brown (hamstrings) this week.
"We’re trying to get him well instead of aggravating him," coach Bruce Arians said. Brown has played through the injuries the last two weeks, but the Cardinals have a bye following their game against Cleveland and could take advantage of the opportunity to get him two weeks of rest. Brown's status will be updated following Thursday's practice.

Have Brown in a couple of leagues, and if him sitting this week to get close to 3 weeks of rest between games so he's healthy for the stretch run is the plan by BA, then so be it. Rather have him healthy for the stretch run than trying to gut out a Week 8 game at Cleveland.

Have Brown in a couple of leagues, and if him sitting this week to get close to 3 weeks of rest between games so he's healthy for the stretch run is the plan by BA, then so be it. Rather have him healthy for the stretch run than trying to gut out a Week 8 game at Cleveland.
I am with you.

I have decent backups if he doesn't play but I could use a great game from him. If he is out for two weeks and he comes back going crazy though it's worth it.

Really regretting trading this guy away. Knew it when I did it.
What did you get for him?
Jordan Matthews... Christ.
I'm sorry man. That's gotta sting. If it makes you fell any better I once traded AP for Braylon Edwards during APs rookie year. It was in a one keeper keeper league....
Was able to flip him and Hyde for Jeffrey so I'm feeling much better these days!

Is John Brown practicing today? Sounds like a must start for Floyd if Brown is out. Floyd sitting out there on WW.

Brown himself said on a radio show last week he would be "good to go", and I started him in 4 leagues.

He didn't get much action, but a TD helped his numbers.

I did make plans to bench him this week, it really does sound like Arians is on the fence, but yet he doesn't want to sit him,"just to sit him".

Personally, I'd rather give him this week off and the next also, just get the guy healthy for the stretch run.

I'm getting the feeling he will be out there this week, or its trending that way.

But for once I am going to bench him. There is too many things lining up for me to feel good about it.

He could be out in a semi-decoy mode, one would think Arians would use this to his advantage.

You would think this would be a busy week for Larry Fitz. He has been quiet, and if you are Arians then run Brown out there as a decoy and fire it up to Larry Fitz.

I tend to gamble in these scenarios with the talent (Brown in my case) but this time I will be avoiding him, and hoping he is benched and ready for a late season healthy run.

TZM

IMO the cards should rest him being that next week is their bye and the matchup this week should be a cake walk. They should be thinking SB at this point. Not to mention that I'm sure we all would love to have him fully healthy for our playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting him today (I have no other options due to bye week). I planned to pick up Ginn as he is best available WR if Brown would have been ruled out.

Due to byes I'm forced into definitely starting him. I've been a little worried about Arian's comments last week about how Floyd is back to being No.2 WR on the team, but I guess there's enough to go around and Palmer does love targeting him deep. Matchup seems pretty horrible, but there's always that hope that he could bust out one massive play

Bad matchup on paper, but I think this Cardinals offense is legit and he's still a great Flex start.

For what it's worth I'm starting Brown/Bad Matchup over DeSean Jackson/Good Matchup.

Brown is a proven part of their gameplan, while DeSean could still be working his way back into the plan.

Arian's comment about Floyd, at least as reported on rotoworld, was as clear as mud. I couldn't tell if "him" getting his job back referred to Floyd or to Brown.

That's fantastic but not going to help anybody. It isn't like the Hawks are going to come out and tell us anything. For al we know Brown isn't even healthy after that fast one they pulled last game.

He's in my lineup since Julio is on BYE....but I am trying to resist the impulse to try and take a flier on Chris Givens @ Jags. I smell a shootout....in the past I've had good results w/ taking such a chance, but this year, any non-conventional lineup decision I've made has been costly. Given this season's poor results, I'll likely wimp-out & go the conventional route w/ Brown, and just pray he catches a long one.

Bad matchup on paper, but I think this Cardinals offense is legit and he's still a great Flex start.

For what it's worth I'm starting Brown/Bad Matchup over DeSean Jackson/Good Matchup.

Brown is a proven part of their gameplan, while DeSean could still be working his way back into the plan.
Personally I'm going Desean over Mi.Floyd. Not one WR has done anything against SEA. Plus the over/under for the WAS game is 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

John Brown - WR - Cardinals

John Brown (hamstring) remained limited at Friday's practice and will be a game-time decision for Week 10 against the Seahawks.

Though Brown has practiced all week and looks to be on track for Sunday's game against Seattle, the 8:30 PM ET start time will make things dicy for fantasy owners. We've already been burned by Brown once after he didn't play a snap against the Browns in Week 8 despite being active. Obviously if Brown does suit up, he'll have a hard matchup against the Seahawks' Legion of Boom secondary.

Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitter

Nov 13 - 2:44 PM

Users who are viewing this thread