What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Carlson -- what will the rest of the season hold? (1 Viewer)

Chunky Soup

Footballguy
Carlson did very well in his first two games. Since then, not so much. Even with Hass back, he only got 3 targets this last week. Thoughts?

Well losing Hass probably had a lot to do with it, and yesterday the receivers were so open they probably didn't need to go to the TE as much. Carlson should still be a very solid TE going forward.

I think it's more dependent on the health of the Seattle O-line. Their starting LT (Walter Jones) has not yet played (and may not all season), so they moved their starting LT to RT, but he is now injured, so a third string LT was playing the last couple of game along with a backup RT. The third string LT player was also injured in yesterday's game and replaced by a practice squad player....luckily Jags have no pass rush.

So, as long as the O-line is in this shape, I think Carlson will be asked to stay home and help with protection and his opportunities will be limited. When/if they get healthy (second half of the season) I would think his productivity comes back...until then I would go with a different option if you have one.

chihawk said:
I think it's more dependent on the health of the Seattle O-line. Their starting LT (Walter Jones) has not yet played (and may not all season), so they moved their starting LT to RT, but he is now injured, so a third string LT was playing the last couple of game along with a backup RT. The third string LT player was also injured in yesterday's game and replaced by a practice squad player....luckily Jags have no pass rush.So, as long as the O-line is in this shape, I think Carlson will be asked to stay home and help with protection and his opportunities will be limited. When/if they get healthy (second half of the season) I would think his productivity comes back...until then I would go with a different option if you have one.
Good info. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread