What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Johnathan Franklin's Value, Post-Cobb Injury (1 Viewer)

battlebaby

Footballguy
One of the reasons the Packers liked this kid was because of what he brought to the team as a receiver out the backfield. With Cobb down and Jones questionable to play, Packers may go into this week with Jarrett Boykin and Myles White as their only receivers other than Jordy. Haven't heard any speculation on this yet but...what are the chances that the Packers start using Franklin in the slot?

Yeah, I made a move to acquire him during their bye week, as the word was he looked good against a tough CIN defense. But between Lacy's steady improvement and Franklin's fumbles (including the game-winner for CIN), looks like they don't have any intentions of making this a timeshare carry-wise. He could get some passes out of the backfield, but I don't have high hopes that once Jones returns they will have a need for him to catch 6-8 passes a game. I'm still holding out for a Lacy injury, but don't think we can expect much else this season.

Yeah, I made a move to acquire him during their bye week, as the word was he looked good against a tough CIN defense. But between Lacy's steady improvement and Franklin's fumbles (including the game-winner for CIN), looks like they don't have any intentions of making this a timeshare carry-wise. He could get some passes out of the backfield, but I don't have high hopes that once Jones returns they will have a need for him to catch 6-8 passes a game. I'm still holding out for a Lacy injury, but don't think we can expect much else this season.
Yeah, I don't think there's any chance of a timeshare with Lacy, since Lacy is clearly the better runner. I was thinking it may be possible he gets a shot at more of a role like Vereen had in the later part of the 2012 season.

Users who are viewing this thread