What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon and Greg Little on the Block (1 Viewer)

ldizzle

Footballguy
Appearing on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns are fielding trade offers for Josh Gordon and Greg Little.
Totally not tanking. Right. It's unlikely the Browns could get much in return for either player. Gordon is one misstep away from getting a one-year suspension, while Little can't catch the football. However, both players have loads of talent. Gordon could be one of the best receivers in the league if he really wanted to. It wouldn't be a shock if a team took a gamble on him ahead of October's trade deadline. Gordon will make his season debut today against Minnesota.

‏@caplannfl On #Browns WR Josh Gordon, he's been on the trade block for several weeks, source said. Banner wants him out, very clear, source said.

@AdamSchefter

Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

So many teams could use Gordon too. Patriots, Panthers, Redskins, Seahawks, Eagles, Niners, I mean its hard to find a place he wouldn't be an upgrade at.

So many teams could use Gordon too. Patriots, Panthers, Redskins, Seahawks, Eagles, Niners, I mean its hard to find a place he wouldn't be an upgrade at.
The big issue will be his attitude, will teams be willing to offer much to take on that risk?

Gordon to NE :drive:
All day everyday. Cannot imagine that they are not on the phone trying to grab him. He is a 1st round talent with a few off the field issues but nothing like the AHPunk. Cleveland is having a mass fire sale, wonder what Chud thinks while this is going on. Wonder if they told him 2013 would not be held against him. Really makes me want to avoid Gordon today but at the same time they might want to showcase him for trades.

Its nearly the same situation that A Talib was in last season. Off-field problems, good talent but not loved by the new HC who is a friend of BB.

If one team made a quality offer, why didn't they take it and run? This guy is one sip of cough syrup away from never playing for your team again and you're just gonna sit on it?

someone should tell the Browns the suck for Luck thing was 2 years ago. Oh, and getting a potential franchise QB and giving him no supporting cast probably isn't going to help him become a franchise QB

Last edited by a moderator:
This is making less and less sense.

Why do this in week 3? Lombardi ran the Browns last draft in April. If he wanted to blow up the team, why not do it then? They could have gotten some extra picks then and drafted trich's replacement months ago, drafted a new WR months ago. They didn't take an RB or WR last April. This year could have been about getting the new rookie RB and WR some playing time while they get ready to select a QB in 2014.

Something must have really changed.

This is making less and less sense.

Why do this in week 3? Lombardi ran the Browns last draft in April. If he wanted to blow up the team, why not do it then? They could have gotten some extra picks then and drafted trich's replacement months ago, drafted a new WR months ago. They didn't take an RB or WR last April. This year could have been about getting the new rookie RB and WR some playing time while they get ready to select a QB in 2014.

Something must have really changed.
Because...this year's draft was awful.

The Gordon move in particular is just plain bad. Josh Gordon's stock was MUCH higher before the NFL decided to suspend him in June. Lombardi will get next to nothing for him now.

The big issue will be his attitude, will teams be willing to offer much to take on that risk?
It's a risk the Pats could pull off and one the Panthers should be desperate enough to attempt.

I doubt the Panthers would consider it though. I'm sure they've got their eye on whoever App St's QB is right now to convert to WR.

I hear the Browns are offering rebates to teams who strike multiple deals with them via a partnership with Flying J.

Gordon to NE :drive:
All day everyday. Cannot imagine that they are not on the phone trying to grab him. He is a 1st round talent with a few off the field issues but nothing like the AHPunk. Cleveland is having a mass fire sale, wonder what Chud thinks while this is going on. Wonder if they told him 2013 would not be held against him. Really makes me want to avoid Gordon today but at the same time they might want to showcase him for trades.
Yup. I'd imagine CLE is just holding out for something better than a 6th/7th rounder right now, hoping that a solid game or two will net at least a 4th.

Which, again, is kind of hilarious since they forfeited a 2nd in 2013 in order to get him.

I hear the Browns are offering rebates to teams who strike multiple deals with them via a partnership with Flying J.
They should be offering refunds to season ticket holders. I would want blood if I had paid to see a team try to be competitive.

ESPN said:

"...while Little can't catch the football. However, both players have loads of talent."
So, ESPN, what is Little's talent? Playing the saxophone?
I wouldn't trade more than a 6th/7th for Little if I was an NFL GM, that guy is not a difference maker, he drops everything. Gordon on the other hand has the ability to stretch defenses, hard to find in the NFL.
I was thinking Philly. Little is a pretty solid run blocker.

As a Patriot fan can the Pats please give up a 3rd and 5th to get him or a 2nd. I would love to see Gordon, Gronk and Amendola running around that field, especially now that it looks like the defense is coming around. If Amendola can stay healthy

Gordon IMO is worth more in trade value than Trent Richardson. I would be shocked if this organization trades him.

Gordon IMO is worth more in trade value than Trent Richardson. I would be shocked if this organization trades him.
The Browns look inept whether they trade Gordon or not at this point.

"We take it back, he looked pretty good today, we think we'll keep him".

No chance. He's one step away from being suspended a year and supposedly was a knucklehead in he offseason.
Huh? Gordon is worth more than assumed mid round first round pick? Step away from the peace pipe my man.
There's no way a team will give a 1st for him with the off the field issues.

Spiller looks to be hurt...walked to the locker room with ice on his leg..they said knee issue
Pretty sure he meant this for the injury thread: Week3Injuries

People DO make mistakes with multiple tabs open on game-day.

And I'll say again...I'd love to see Gordon in NE with Brady. I'm just not sure they'll do it. There are a couple of other teams that would be great fits, too.

Don't hold your breath fellas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/22/banner-says-browns-have-no-intention-of-making-additional-trades/

Banner says Browns have “no intention” of making additional tradesBrowns CEO Joe Banner tells PFT that the Browns have “no intention of making any additional trades.”

===============================================================================

Banner has been very open and honest in saying something and then backing it up.

He said the above before Gordon's game against the Vikings.

Yesterday's performance pretty much closed the door on talk of trading Cleveland WR Josh Gordon.

After serving a two-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, Gordon made his presence felt in a major way Sunday. He established career highs with 10 catches for 146 yards in the Browns’ 31-27 win over the Minnesota Vikings Sunday at the Metrodome.

ESPN said:"...while Little can't catch the football. However, both players have loads of talent."

So, ESPN, what is Little's talent? Playing the saxophone?
I wouldn't trade more than a 6th/7th for Little if I was an NFL GM, that guy is not a difference maker, he drops everything. Gordon on the other hand has the ability to stretch defenses, hard to find in the NFL.
I was thinking Philly. Little is a pretty solid run blocker.
We have plenty of WRs that can block down field and drop passes.

Question appears to be academic at this point, but is there any precedent for a WR getting traded mid-season and producing with his new team? Whatever there is, it's obviously a small sample size. The only ones I can think of are Moss and Chris Chambers, neither of whom did anything (but both of whom were on the downside of their careers when they were traded).

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Monday the Browns are listening to and receiving trade offers for Josh Gordon.
Browns management isn't interested in competing this season, and Gordon is one strike away from a one-year suspension. So they're trying to "sell high," a strategy with which fantasy footballers are quite familiar. Gordon dominated in Sunday's win over the Vikings, racking up 146 yards and a touchdown on 19 targets. 19 targets suggests the Browns were showcasing Gordon, and he could be on the move as soon as this week. Schefter made it clear the Browns won't trade Gordon unless a team meets their asking price, but they already have at least one offer on the table. "There already is a team that has made an active offer for Josh Gordon," said Schefter

From this morning.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=22621

ESPN Cleveland correspondent Tony Grossi: There’s a growing sense that there are more trades to come. Can you accomplish anything else before the deadline?

--- "There’s nothing planned and I’d be surprised if it happens. But I’ve learned the lesson of not making any absolute statements if you don’t know what’s going to come your way. But we don't plan on doing that."

I think it's gonna take a first rounder to get Gordon this week. There might be a team out there crazy enough to do it if they think he's the last piece to a Superbowl run.

Users who are viewing this thread