What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Journalism is Dead: MSNBC Sucks up to Trump (1 Viewer)

Skoo

Footballguy
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/morning-joe-hot-mic-trump-conversation

"UPDATE: 4:00 p.m. The co-hosts of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" chatted with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about everything from his golfing excursions to his debate performance during commercial breaks while filming a town hall last week, according to audio obtained by comedian and radio host Harry Shearer.

“You don’t want me to do the ones—with deportation?” Brzezinski said.

After some cross-talk, co-host Joe Scarborough said, "We really have to get you some questions."

“That’s right, nothing too hard Mika," Trump interjected.

"Okay," Brzezinski said."

Really makes me sad to know that we are all being manipulated to think we actually have a say in the political process.

It's not just Morning Joe on Msnbc either, and it's not just Msnbc, it's also CNN, and of course for the GOP Fox is pretty much telling Republicans to vote for Trump now.

However, hard to imagine Mika would roll over for Trump.

But overall they love the ratings. The reporting on Trump has been awful and he is rarely confronted.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just Morning Joe on Msnbc either, and it's not just Msnbc, it's also CNN, and of course for the GOP Fox is pretty much telling Republicans to vote for Trump now.

However, hard to imagine Mika would roll over for Trump.

But overall they love the ratings. The reporting on Trump has been awful and he is rarely confronted.
Exactly. No one is going to stand up to him now because of the ratings he brings. This election cycle really is a reality show.

It is Morning Joe, not Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews or Chris Hayes. Scarborough is not really representative of MSNBC.

Non-story.

If you can't beat em, join em..  
MSNBC has been a joke and total loser for years. Maybe they are doing it for ratings, maybe they are secretly on the Trump Train. 

Hilarious that anybody would get upset over them going easy on Trump in an interview. When was the last time Obama or Hillary faced a tough question? 

MSNBC has been a joke and total loser for years. Maybe they are doing it for ratings, maybe they are secretly on the Trump Train. 

Hilarious that anybody would get upset over them going easy on Trump in an interview. When was the last time Obama or Hillary faced a tough question? 
Jesus man, take off the party blinders for a minute.

This has nothing to do with left vs. right.

It's about Journalism being dead, and how that's really bad for the country in a number of ways.

It's about Journalism being dead, and how that's really bad for the country in a number of ways.
This is something new? I agree with your point that it is bad for the country.

I'm trying to figure out who is whining about this. Liberals, or Cruz/Rubio supporters?
Again, everyone should be whining about this. Try to look past the left vs right for just a moment.

In this clip we have the "liberal" news outlet offering to go easy on the leading GOP candidate and letting him decide what questions they will ask him.

I'd be posting the same thing if it was Fox News tossing Bernie Sanders softballs.

It's not new, but it's pathetic and incredibly disheartening. Turns the entire "democratic" process into a joke.

IDK.  Hillary was asked the other day if she thought women should receive equal pay as men in similar positions in the work place.  That's a pretty tough question.  

I have lots of problems w/ Trump but you can't deny that the guy has absolutely OWNED the media this election.  He has manipulated tons of free coverage, dictated the narrative, and at the same time pandered to the base by slamming the media all at the same time.  It's actually pretty amazing.

Rubio is obviously the guy the GOP machine wants as candidate.  Trump isn't their problem.  They are trying to figure out how to get Cruz to drop and send over his support as a united front against Trump Towers.  The Cruz camp wants the same thing but the other way around.  Interesting battle forming there, but the longer they wait... 

Been that way for at least the last 20 years....good to see others finally realizing it...

What are they supposed to say?  "#### Donald!  We're going to grill your ### and you'll beg us for more!"

I imagine dealing with Trump is like dealing with my 4 year old when he's firing stuff at me non-stop.  Uh huh, OK, yes, of course!, etc etc.

What did they actually ASK him?  Was it a puffball interview?

Did I miss something?  Fox News has been against Trump the whole time.  Today's headline is all about how the base now needs to support Rubio.

Journalism is dead? Welcome to 2006 Skoo! 

Did I miss something?  Fox News has been against Trump the whole time.  Today's headline is all about how the base now needs to support Rubio.
That is a favored theme of Trump, but no not really. Trump has created that out of nothing for his own ends, truly. It's his version of Sistah Souljah. Fox has pundits and it has real news people. Among the pundits, Hannity, O'Reilly, Doocy, Bolling, Pirro,Tantaros all love him or give him a straight pass. Hannity actually dished him some softballs last night that would be the kind of thing you would expect from NBC to Hillary. Tantaros is outright in the bag for him, pushes him. Pirro is in love. - Gutfeld, Carlson, Krauthammer, Perino, Rivera all seem to be keeping a level head but it doesn't mean they "hate" him.

Look I don't quite get the criticism of the media here. They're not hiding Trump's statements. All of his bigotry and stupidity is out there for everyone to see and hear. Whether he's asked tough questions or not, his demagoguery is apparent every time he speaks. And yet the Republican voters still want him. That's not the media's fault. 

Look I don't quite get the criticism of the media here. They're not hiding Trump's statements. All of his bigotry and stupidity is out there for everyone to see and hear. Whether he's asked tough questions or not, his demagoguery is apparent every time he speaks. And yet the Republican voters still want him. That's not the media's fault. 
Tim, IMO, you underestimate and misunderstand Trump. His bigoted or racial comments are really not the problem. If that's all the press is reporting on they are not doing their job, in fact they are really just driving their own ratings. Basically Trump has corrupted the press with $$$ and intimidated them with bullying, truly it's been something to behold.

In the OP Skoo mentions the thing with Joe S. That's really not the worst of it, the worst of it was a CNN reporter who said she pulled punches in an interview with Trump because she did not want to get harangued by the Trump Army on twitter and online, at work, etc. That's the worst of it or some of it, but even Skoo misses the mark above.

His bigotry is not the problem? It's a problem with me. 

Look, everyone wants to blame Trump's rise on somebody other than the Republican voters. It's the establishment who didn't listen. It's the media. It's the Democrats. It's Obama. It's our corrupt system. Well #### all that. Republican voters have heard this guy's bigotry and paranoia and moronic ideas and they like it. And if he wins the nomination they will be to blame. 

Look, everyone wants to blame Trump's rise on somebody other than the Republican voters. It's the establishment who didn't listen. It's the media. It's the Democrats. It's Obama. It's our corrupt system. Well #### all that. Republican voters have heard this guy's bigotry and paranoia and moronic ideas and they like it. And if he wins the nomination they will be to blame. 
It's "a" problem, not "the" problem.

You need to recall the NYT article on who Trump's biggest core of support is coming from, do you recall that? Registered Democrats.

They're not voting for him though- at least not yet. If somehow Trump is our next President they will be to blame too. 
I'm guessing they voted in NH, where I think they let non-GOP vote.

We're talking tv viewership here anyway, party registration does not matter there and if it was just GOP it would be Fox leading the total minutes of coverage of Trump, instead it's CNN and Msnbc is pretty much even with Fox.

Tell me about his bigotry and be specific

That is a favored theme of Trump, but no not really. Trump has created that out of nothing for his own ends, truly. It's his version of Sistah Souljah. Fox has pundits and it has real news people. Among the pundits, Hannity, O'Reilly, Doocy, Bolling, Pirro,Tantaros all love him or give him a straight pass. Hannity actually dished him some softballs last night that would be the kind of thing you would expect from NBC to Hillary. Tantaros is outright in the bag for him, pushes him. Pirro is in love. - Gutfeld, Carlson, Krauthammer, Perino, Rivera all seem to be keeping a level head but it doesn't mean they "hate" him.
O'Reilly hasn't given him a pass, that's for sure.  And you forgot to mention someone didn't you?

O'Reilly hasn't given him a pass, that's for sure.  And you forgot to mention someone didn't you?
I disagree there, O'Reilly called Trump begging him to appear on his show when he went on his mini-boycott of Fox.

Who's missing? Kelly? She's news. I think she, Baer, Hume, Wallace, Kurtz and the news folks have been very good, they've had the best election coverage of all three cable news networks this election season.

Well it's not like he called black arrestees "super predators" or anything. That would be an example of racist stereotyping for political gain.
Seriously Saints don't do this. I know you don't like Hillary and there's plenty for you to legitimately criticize her about. But please don't try to compare anything she has publicly said in her entire life to Trump's blatant bigotry and hatefulness. 

Trump is terrific for MSNBC - he's a ratings boon and will be an even bigger one when he wins the nomination.

Seriously Saints don't do this. I know you don't like Hillary and there's plenty for you to legitimately criticize her about. But please don't try to compare anything she has publicly said in her entire life to Trump's blatant bigotry and hatefulness. 
We can discuss elsewhere but I'm not backing down off that comment, I just sense a hijack.

Trump's comments are too obvious really to recount. The shorthand is Mexican immigrants are raping, murdering, pillaging, so therefore:wall. Women on the national stage are hysterical (bleeding) and horsefaced (ugly). I'm sure I'm missing a couple here.

Trump is terrific for MSNBC - he's a ratings boon and will be an even bigger one when he wins the nomination.
They're giving him free air time and essentially infomercials for ratings, if they don't think some of their viewers will vote for him they're making a mistake.

Her lying to the four Benghazi families is comparable.  Total disrespect to them and anyone in the military. And it was done for the sole purpose to help win an election. Disgusting.  

They're giving him free air time and essentially infomercials for ratings, if they don't think some of their viewers will vote for him they're making a mistake.
MSNBC doesn't care - he's the nominee and they whip up Democrats foaming at the mouth over it. Who votes for him is not how they get paid.

We can discuss elsewhere but I'm not backing down off that comment, I sense a hijack.

Trump's comments are too obvious really to recount. The shorthand is Mexican immigrants are raping, murdering, pillaging, so therefore:wall. Women on the national stage are hysterical (bleeding) and horsefaced (ugly). I'm sure I'm missing a couple here.
He's working on a 'final solution' for the Muslim problem.

The criticism stems from the fact that they are so cozy with the candidates that they can't even ask a "tough question" anymore.

This isn't about Trump.

It's about so-called "journalists" and their refusal to provide what is necessary for people to vote based on informed decisions.

Her lying to the four Benghazi families is comparable.  Total disrespect to them and anyone in the military. And it was done for the sole purpose to help win an election. Disgusting.  
You do know that the whole Benghazi thing was debunked like 100 times now, yes?

Even the GOP has admitted it was a wild goose hunt.

The criticism stems from the fact that they are so cozy with the candidates that they can't even ask a "tough question" anymore.

This isn't about Trump.

It's about so-called "journalists" and their refusal to provide what is necessary for people to vote based on informed decisions.
Jeebus, this is Joe Scarborough. No more shocking than Hannity being cozy with Trump.

Jeebus, this is Joe Scarborough. No more shocking than Hannity being cozy with Trump.
Well this is the problem, a network puts a former politician on as a "pundit" or news reporter. That's completely wrong journalistically. Scarborough is likely on DT's short list of VPs.

You can throw in Sharpton, Stephanopoulas, Hume, Mitchell, Perino, Pirro, Brazeale, Cuomo, Hannity, Matthews, etc., all these politicians and politicos and activists who go on and do "news" when it's anything but. It's an industry-wide problem.

Well this is part if the problem, a network puts a former politician on as a "pundit" or news reporter. That's completely wrong journalistically. Scarborough is likely on DT's short list of VPs.

You can throw in Sharpton, Stephanopoulas, Hume, Mitchell, Perino, Pirro, Brazeale, Cuomo, Hannity, etc., all these politicians and politicos and activists who go on and do "news" when it's anything but. It's an industry-wide problem.
Scarborough has never held himself out as a news reporter or his show as a news show. Neither has Hannity. Nor has Sharpton. It is not anyone is in doubt where these guys are coming from politically.

Users who are viewing this thread