What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just completed FBG FPC Draft (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHUCKS

Footballguy
PPR, 12 Team, 1/2/2/1/1/2Flex, 1.5PPR for TE, 4 PT passing TDs

My team from the 6 hole.

QB1 - Cam Newton 4.07

QB2 - Sam Bradford 14.07

RB1 - Chris Johnson - 1.06

RB2 - Marshawn Lynch - 3.07

RB3 - Willis McGahee - 5.06

RB4 - Cedric Benson - 8.07

RB5 - Ronnie Brown - 15.06

WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald - 2.07

WR2 - Miles Austin - 6.07

WR3 - Reggie Wayne - 7.06

WR4 - Justin Blackmon - 9.06

WR5 - Greg Little - 10.07

WR6 - Devin Hester - 16.07

TE1 - C. Fleener - 12.07

TE2 - Kellen Winslow - 13.06

TE3 - Dallas Clark - 17.06

TE4 - Kellen Davis - 19.06

D1 - 49ers - 11.06

D2 - Vikings - 18.07

K1 - Prater - 20.07

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick by Pick First 5 Rounds

1.06 - Chris Johnson - With the top 4RBs off the board and Megatron off the board this was the safe pick. Not overly excited about Johnson but should be relatively bust free. (knock on wood)

2.07 - Larry Fitzgerald - Love me some Larry in a PPR with Skelton QBing. I missed Forte by one spot as he went right before me...he was the early draft steal.

3.06 - Marshawn Lynch - One of my favorite picks of the draft, should have gone earlier IMHO, but I was happy to scoop Beast Mode up.

4.07 - Cam Newton - Couldn't lay off of Cam here, I wanted to wait on QB and take Vick later, but I'll take Cam in the mid 4th in this format where rushing QB have heightened value.

5.06 - Willis McGahee - Perhaps one of my worst picks but I really like Willis this year. Could have gone TE or WR here...probably should have gone TE(Pettigrew was best available per my projections)

Rounds 6-10

6.07 - Miles Austin - Went with the upside WR here, there were safer options on the board like Steve Johnson but I like Miles when he's healthy to put up big numbers.

7.06 - Reggie Wayne - A safer pick, I expect Wayne to rebound with Luck at the helm. Was considering V Jax and Gonzo here. But Wayne was the easy pick here.

8.07 - Cedric Benson - Another guy I love this year at about this spot. Gave me a 4th starting RB. Other considerations at this spot were Amendola and Gonzalez. Gonzo would have been nice and probably should have been the pick.

9.06 - Justin Blackmon - Have been targeting him in all leagues. Easy pick although I still don't have a TE...just didn't think the value had presented itself until Gonzo in the 8th.

10.07 - Greg Little - I like Little more than most. I thought he had the most upside of the remaining WRs. Also considered Heyward Bey and Rivers here.

11.06 - 49ers D - This scoring system is kind to defenses and the 49ers are the best defense, with not a ton of value on the board I was the first to jump on a defense. I'm not afraid. I passed on Dwyer here...but I was already deep at RB...we'll see if that comes back to haunt me.

12.07 - C. Fleener - Went with the highest upside TE according to my ranges. This could be a total bust pick. Nobody really knows. What I did know is that I was going to pick several more TEs so I could afford to take some risk here with relatively little left at RB and WR.

13.06 - Kellen Winslow - I think Kellen is a sleeper in PPRs...very happy to get him this late in this format. I wasn't really considering anything else.

14.07 - Sam Bradford - This was in a middle of a backup QB run and Bradford was easily the best available per my board. I have him projected to bounce back.

15.06 - Ronnie Brown - Thought it was weird he was still here. Potential starting RB for a month in SD. Easy pick. Also considered B. Powell. Norv loves him.

16.07 - Devin Hester - Like him as a flier, very little on the board and players are rewarded for ST TDs.

17.06 - Dallas Clark - Just stashing another TE. We'll see how much TB uses him and if he can stay on the field.

18.07 - Vikings D - They play Gabbert Week 1, while the Niners have a tough matchup.

19.06 - Kellen Davis - My favorite TE sleeper, could have anything from 30 to 70 receptions...nobody really knows how often he'll be used

20.07 - Matt Prater - Needed a kicker, Prater was best available.

1.06 - Chris Johnson - With the top 4RBs off the board and Megatron off the board this was the safe pick. Not overly excited about Johnson but should be relatively bust free. (knock on wood)

2.07 - Larry Fitzgerald - Love me some Larry in a PPR with Skelton QBing. I missed Forte by one spot as he went right before me...he was the early draft steal.

3.06 - Marshawn Lynch - One of my favorite picks of the draft, should have gone earlier IMHO, but I was happy to scoop Beast Mode up.

4.07 - Cam Newton - Couldn't lay off of Cam here, I wanted to wait on QB and take Vick later, but I'll take Cam in the mid 4th in this format where rushing QB have heightened value.

5.06 - Willis McGahee - Perhaps one of my worst picks but I really like Willis this year. Could have gone TE or WR here...probably should have gone TE(Pettigrew was best available per my projections)
great core. no need to worry about picking mcaghee in the 5th. he's a solid rb2 and outstanding rb3

PPR, 12 Team, 1/2/2/1/1/2Flex, 1.5PPR for TE, 4 PT passing TDsMy team from the 6 hole.QB1 - Cam Newton 4.07QB2 - Sam Bradford 14.07RB1 - Chris Johnson - 1.06RB2 - Marshawn Lynch - 3.07RB3 - Willis McGahee - 5.06RB4 - Cedric Benson - 8.07RB5 - Ronnie Brown - 15.06 WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald - 2.07WR2 - Miles Austin - 6.07WR3 - Reggie Wayne - 7.06WR4 - Justin Blackmon - 9.06WR5 - Greg Little - 10.07WR6 - Devin Hester - 16.07TE1 - C. Fleener - 12.07TE2 - Kellen Winslow - 13.06TE3 - Dallas Clark - 17.06 TE4 - Kellen Davis - 19.06D1 - 49ers - 11.06D2 - Vikings - 18.07K1 - Prater - 20.07
Don't love it.I like CJ, and lynch in the 3rd is good value. RB3-5 has a lot to be desired. > 1.06 - Chris Johnson - With the top 4RBs off the board and Megatron off the board this was the safe pick. Not overly excited about Johnson but should be relatively bust free. (knock on wood)Aside from the big 3 who did you have in front of CJ?> 2.07 - Larry Fitzgerald - Love me some Larry in a PPR with Skelton QBing. I like Skelton better too -- for Larry Fitz, but the problem is Kolb is the starter. That's exactly why you say away from this messy situation. Go for AJ instead.I like the value for Cam in 4 but that's about all I like about your draft. Sorry :-(

Rounds 6-10

6.07 - Miles Austin - Went with the upside WR here, there were safer options on the board like Steve Johnson but I like Miles when he's healthy to put up big numbers.

7.06 - Reggie Wayne - A safer pick, I expect Wayne to rebound with Luck at the helm. Was considering V Jax and Gonzo here. But Wayne was the easy pick here.

8.07 - Cedric Benson - Another guy I love this year at about this spot. Gave me a 4th starting RB. Other considerations at this spot were Amendola and Gonzalez. Gonzo would have been nice and probably should have been the pick.

9.06 - Justin Blackmon - Have been targeting him in all leagues. Easy pick although I still don't have a TE...just didn't think the value had presented itself until Gonzo in the 8th.

10.07 - Greg Little - I like Little more than most. I thought he had the most upside of the remaining WRs. Also considered Heyward Bey and Rivers here.
to me, you missed on te talent here. you could have crushed this draft if you had a te you know you can start every week. doesn't have to be a stud, but someone good enough that you won't be looking at matchups. winslow fleener davis clark all have their good points though.

Aside from the big 3 who did you have in front of CJ?
McFadden and Megatron
I like Skelton better too -- for Larry Fitz, but the problem is Kolb is the starter. That's exactly why you say away from this messy situation. Go for AJ instead.
Skelton was named the starter today. :)
I like the value for Cam in 4 but that's about all I like about your draft.
No worries, if we all thought the same this hobby would suck.

Rounds 6-10

to me, you missed on te talent here. you could have crushed this draft if you had a te you know you can start every week. doesn't have to be a stud, but someone good enough that you won't be looking at matchups. winslow fleener davis clark all have their good points though.
Not disagreeing. At my draft position the plays were Gates or Hernandez at 3.06 over Lynch. Or. Gonzo over Wayne or Benson in the 7th and 8th. Both were tough calls. Really needed Wayne to provide security at WR.

I'm hoping I hit on one of those TEs...last year I picked up Gronk. The waiver wire could provide some productin there too.

Also, why do we care about this?
There weren't any thread about recent ADP and FPC draft strategy. :shrug:thought it was better than a lot of the other threads. :shrug:
So do you think it would be a good idea if everyone posted the results of their draft in the SP for us to peruse?
Nope, just one or two to help the strategy discussion along. :thumbup:
In other words, you still think you're more special than everyone else. :thumbup:

I think it's an interesting thread. I like seeing people's draft. Especially when we know he put $350 into his team.

TE required and at 1.5 PPR you should have gone Graham at 1.6

not to hijack, this is mine from the same draft:

eli 9 locker

mccoy 1 sjax 2 martin 3 mccluster rainey bell

colston 4 brown 5 to.smith 6 dhb 10 boldin randy moss

gresham 7 rudolph 8 kendricks chandler

tucker

sd (there was nothing left) and i usually rotate def.

looking at our drafts i'd rather have had gates and some upside rbs than martin and upside tes. you'd look better with finley or gonzo (minus mcaghee or benson) and upside rbs. but who knows. last year i was regreting passing up manningham for fjax.

Wrong forum, LHUCKS. This is nothing but a cheap way of getting a rate my team post into the shark pool and couch it as a strategy thread.. I usually defend you but this is just blatant.

Wrong forum, LHUCKS. This is nothing but a cheap way of getting a rate my team post into the shark pool and couch it as a strategy thread.. I usually defend you but this is just blatant.
No, no... this is a discussion of "FPC draft strategy."His entire lineup just happened to sneak its way into the post.

not to hijack, this is mine from the same draft:eli 9 lockermccoy 1 sjax 2 martin 3 mccluster rainey bellcolston 4 brown 5 to.smith 6 dhb 10 boldin randy mossgresham 7 rudolph 8 kendricks chandlertuckersd (there was nothing left) and i usually rotate def.
Like your WRs and RBsYou took the same "wait late" approach to TEs that I did. :hifive:I went QB earlier than you did with Cam. Would you have taken Cam at 4.07?Also, you took more RB fliers than I did, I normally don't do that in this format, although I realize it can often payoff big....
looking at our drafts i'd rather have had gates and some upside rbs than martin and upside tes. you'd look better with finley or gonzo (minus mcaghee or benson) and upside rbs. but who knows. last year i was regreting passing up manningham for fjax.
we shall see...I really don't like the TEs after the big 4 this year. I think a few of the TEs I drafted have 60-70 reception upside.I think it's a very interesting discussion in terms of TE strategy in this format. My overall strategy was to try to get one of the big 4 by round 3, but when Lynch slid that went out the door. My backup strategy was to wait and pick high upside TEs, lots of them. Didn't really like taking the other TEs in the middle rounds with valuable WRs and RBs still on the board.

TE required and at 1.5 PPR you should have gone Graham at 1.6
That's the VBD play, but from a more holistic strategy perspective I'm against going TE that high. I had Graham at 1.08.
Well sometimes you have to go with your gut and not stick completely by the book. Your TEs are going to come back and hurt you IMO.
yeah, that will definitely be one of the keys to this squad. My RB and WR depth will pay dividends in bye weeks and the second half of the season as injuries pile up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread