What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Durant not expected back with Jaguars (1 Viewer)

amit-nfl

Footballguy
"Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver indicated on a conference call with fans Friday that free agent WLB Justin Durant won't be retained.

Durant is an impact player when healthy, but the Jags are fed up with his penchant for getting hurt and missing time. He's sat out at least two games in each of his first four seasons, including six last year. The Jaguars will need to address the linebacker position in the draft and free agency. "

FBG site current deapt chart:

MLB: Kirk Morrison

OLB: Daryl Smith (S) , Justin Durant (W), Russell Allen (W/M), Jacob Cutrera

.. so now the main man in JAG LB corp and IDP lead tackler toward 2011 upcoming (hopefully regular) season will be Daryl Smith ? he is to one to target in the FFL draft this summer?

I wonder if this hurts Duran't stock or helps it. Is he good enough to be brought in by another team as a presumed starter?

I wonder if this hurts Duran't stock or helps it. Is he good enough to be brought in by another team as a presumed starter?
He can start in a lot of places, the problem is his health... I beleive that if he gave Jax one injury free yr they would of kept him.

It's possible this rescues the value of both Durant and Morrison, who could be back to a 3-down MLB.

He can start in a lot of places, the problem is his health... I beleive that if he gave Jax one injury free yr they would of kept him.
Aside from health, the guy didn't really make impact plays. He had 0 sacks, 0 FF and 0 INT at WLB last year. He showed glimpses as a rookie but really never developed.I'm sure that somebody will pick him up cheap because he's still only 25, but he just isn't starting WLB caliber.Don't know if the Jags will try to re-sign Morrison cheap. Darryl Smith looks like the go-to guy right now even though he's playing SLB.

This guy was still key to my best trade I have ever made in my FF career.

Coming off his 2008 breakout 2nd half and being handed the starting MLB job, I traded Durant plus Michael Clayton for Ray Rice, coming off his uninspiring Rookie season.

Needless to say, I came off MUCH better in this deal. :)

Still, a shame that he just cannot seem to stay healthy. It was looking like he was going to be a perennial top-10 LB after his first couple of seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread