What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Durant (1 Viewer)

Justin Durant is on my waiver wire and I'm considering adding him, provided he's cleared to play this week, but I'm curious as to whether he's even a 3-down LB when healthy and starting. Was Russell Allen replacing Durant in the nickle this year even before the latter suffered his injury? Finally, in a 3-down role, does a healthy Durant have the upside to outproduce the underachieving Kirk Morrison to ultimately become the leading tackler in Jacksonville this year? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping an old thread instead of starting my own one. I own Durant in one league where my other LBers are:

Demeco Ryans

DeMarcus Ware

James Harrison

Desmond Bishop

David Hawthorne

is it worth holding on to Durant, when he comes back what is expected of him? Been stashing him on my IR but i'm not sure he's worth holding out for, any insight would be helpful

Rotoworld: Jaguars WLB Justin Durant (ankle) practiced fully Wednesday and looks poised to return in Week 6.

"Got through the whole thing," he said. "I felt really good." Durant has missed the last three games with a high ankle sprain but it appears he'll be returning to his starting role Monday night, with Russell Allen sliding to backup status.

He's returning to the starting lineup, great tidings. I'm still curious as to whether he's expected to be a 3-down player, though.

Great news, thanks for posting! I may very well need him with both McIntosh and Urlacher questionable...

been holding onto him forever... finally cut him in a 12 teamer because of the roster size but am continuing to hold in my 14 and 2 16 teamers; I guess all questions will be answered monday night

It was mentioned in the IDP roundtable that Durant was moved to MLB last week. I thought this was pretty big news, surprised it was the first/last I've heard of it.

It was mentioned in the IDP roundtable that Durant was moved to MLB last week. I thought this was pretty big news, surprised it was the first/last I've heard of it.
Did one of us (probably me :thumbup: ) say MLB? If we did it was in error. Durant is back in the nickel packages as an every-down player and sometimes plays the more MLB-like responsibility of the two nickel backers when Smith is in man coverage, but he's not playing MLB on base downs. Our apologies for any confusion.

Did one of us (probably me :headbang: ) say MLB? If we did it was in error. Durant is back in the nickel packages as an every-down player and sometimes plays the more MLB-like responsibility of the two nickel backers when Smith is in man coverage, but he's not playing MLB on base downs. Our apologies for any confusion.
Pretty sure - it was definitely said that he replaced Morrison, I thought it was Morrison "at MLB," but it could've been in nickel packages.Either way, seems like a bump to Durant.

so if he's only playing nickel snaps I assume he'll be very matchup dependent. I assume once teams get a big lead on JAX they won't be passing much and hence Durant's value goes down in this situations. Can we really predict a 6-2 for this guy this week when he only plays in the Nickel?

To clarify:

Base defense:

Smith SLB // Morrison MLB // Durant WLB

Nickel defense:

Smith // Durant

Dime defense:

Smith

Benched for horrid communcation skills:

Bramel

:P :unsure:

anyone see the game and can attest to how he looked out there. He did well in the tackle columns.
Being a Cowboys fan, I watched the game in it's entirety (even though it was brutally painful to do so). Durant looked great and was making plays all over the field. I would expect him to have some nice value moving forward as a three-down linebacker.

Users who are viewing this thread