What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Forsett, finally.... (1 Viewer)

Not sure who's calling the offensive plays for Seattle but, Forsett gained his yardage despite that play calling. Even with the lead, there were a number of passes on first down until late in the fourth. Mora can't figure out their running game, really? I'm so glad that I'm not a Seahawks fan, it must be very frustrating. As a waiver wire owner of Forsett I am hoping he continues to get a ton of touches as he has earned the opportunity. Sounds like Mora is going to roll Jones out no matter what Forsett does, no matter how well he pass-blocks, no matter how well he runs, no matter how well he catches the ball. I don't think Forsett was targetted once in the passing game yesterday either, again interesting play calling by the Seahawks.

I like what I saw in Forsett yesterday, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Don't forget that Julius Jones put up 19/117/1 against the same St. Louis team earlier in the year.

Seattle's upcoming schedule is a mixed bag. I think I'd leave Forsett on my bench vs. San Francisco and Tampa (which has been a top-5 fantasy D against the run lately), but I would definitely start him against Houston in Week 14 and Green Bay in Week 16.

I like what I saw in Forsett yesterday, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Don't forget that Julius Jones put up 19/117/1 against the same St. Louis team earlier in the year.Seattle's upcoming schedule is a mixed bag. I think I'd leave Forsett on my bench vs. San Francisco and Tampa (which has been a top-5 fantasy D against the run lately), but I would definitely start him against Houston in Week 14 and Green Bay in Week 16.
Any particular reason you'd start him against the 4th ranked rush defense (Green Bay)?

I like what I saw in Forsett yesterday, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Don't forget that Julius Jones put up 19/117/1 against the same St. Louis team earlier in the year.Seattle's upcoming schedule is a mixed bag. I think I'd leave Forsett on my bench vs. San Francisco and Tampa (which has been a top-5 fantasy D against the run lately), but I would definitely start him against Houston in Week 14 and Green Bay in Week 16.
Tampa Bay has allowed more points to FP RBs than just a few teams.

Tampa Bay has allowed more points to FP RBs than just a few teams.
maybe he had Bay confusion?

Any particular reason you'd start him against the 4th ranked rush defense (Green Bay)?
:lmao: Had Green Bay and Tampa Bay switched.

From Rotoworld:

Coach Jim Mora stated Monday that Julius Jones remains the Seahawks' starting tailback when healthy.

Justin Forsett has 368 total yards and four touchdowns in the last three games, but Mora plans to reinstall Jones with the first-team offense when he's over his ribs and lung injuries. Mora also said Jones is "expected" to face San Francisco in Week 13, but is making "no guarantees." Jones is averaging just 4.5 yards per touch on the year compared to Forsett's 6.6.

From Rotoworld: Coach Jim Mora stated Monday that Julius Jones remains the Seahawks' starting tailback when healthy.Justin Forsett has 368 total yards and four touchdowns in the last three games, but Mora plans to reinstall Jones with the first-team offense when he's over his ribs and lung injuries. Mora also said Jones is "expected" to face San Francisco in Week 13, but is making "no guarantees." Jones is averaging just 4.5 yards per touch on the year compared to Forsett's 6.6.
I like how they mention yards per touch instead of yards per carry, which would make it Jones 3.7, Forsett 6.8.

Here's a question that I have, and I know it's the same way here in Baltimore, but why are the weak reporters afraid to challenge the coaches with the real questions. Reporter to Mora: Coach, Forsett is younger - has fresher legs- has more burst - is more elusive - and more effective than JJones. This is evident with the average yard per carry of Jones: 3.7 compared to Forsett: 6.8 yards. Why hasn't Forsett earned the starting job? Is there any reason that you can offer to explain why a player producing at half the level of another continues to start while the more productive person sits on the bench? That would be a breath of fresh air instead of the butt kissing softball questions these so called journalist throw at players/coaches.

Here's a question that I have, and I know it's the same way here in Baltimore, but why are the weak reporters afraid to challenge the coaches with the real questions. Reporter to Mora: Coach, Forsett is younger - has fresher legs- has more burst - is more elusive - and more effective than JJones. This is evident with the average yard per carry of Jones: 3.7 compared to Forsett: 6.8 yards. Why hasn't Forsett earned the starting job? Is there any reason that you can offer to explain why a player producing at half the level of another continues to start while the more productive person sits on the bench? That would be a breath of fresh air instead of the butt kissing softball questions these so called journalist throw at players/coaches.
If a reporter used subjective, opinionated phrases such as "more burst" and "more elusive", he'd likely get the cold shoulder from the coach, thereby reducing the reporter's access and ability to do his job. Plus, it opens the reporter up to criticism and ridicule if Jones gets his job back and outplays Forsett.Most reporters try to avoid agitating the coach in person. Much better to agitate in print. :bag:

If a reporter used subjective, opinionated phrases such as "more burst" and "more elusive", he'd likely get the cold shoulder from the coach, thereby reducing the reporter's access and ability to do his job. Plus, it opens the reporter up to criticism and ridicule if Jones gets his job back and outplays Forsett.Most reporters try to avoid agitating the coach in person. Much better to agitate in print. :sarcasm:
Yeah, it was tongue-and-cheek...take out the opinionated stuff that I threw in and ask the question anyway! Sports reporters tend to be such kiss-a's. If they simply said Forsett was producing and asked if he had earned a shot at the starting role, it would be less inflamatory. Then followed, after the coach-speak, with a question like: do you realize that Jones has a 37 yard per carry average compared to a 6.8 yard per carry average for Forsett? Might piss off the coach, but it would come across as much more objective. Reporters and radio peeps are lazy and nonconfrontational, generally. The press should realize that they'll be around longer than the coaches.

If a reporter used subjective, opinionated phrases such as "more burst" and "more elusive", he'd likely get the cold shoulder from the coach, thereby reducing the reporter's access and ability to do his job. Plus, it opens the reporter up to criticism and ridicule if Jones gets his job back and outplays Forsett.Most reporters try to avoid agitating the coach in person. Much better to agitate in print. :thumbup:
Yeah, it was tongue-and-cheek...take out the opinionated stuff that I threw in and ask the question anyway! Sports reporters tend to be such kiss-a's. If they simply said Forsett was producing and asked if he had earned a shot at the starting role, it would be less inflamatory. Then followed, after the coach-speak, with a question like: do you realize that Jones has a 37 yard per carry average compared to a 6.8 yard per carry average for Forsett? Might piss off the coach, but it would come across as much more objective. Reporters and radio peeps are lazy and nonconfrontational, generally. The press should realize that they'll be around longer than the coaches.
Better way to word the question:Coach how do you respond to some fans who are clamoring for Forsett to keep the starting gig, saying Forsett is outproducing Jones and is a better back, based on Forsett's yards per touch of 6.8 vs J Jones 3.7?Don't have it be your opinion--have it be you are the mouthpiece of the (fantasy football) fans.

Seahawks RB Forsett could lose value in Week 13

If you ask fantasy owners who they’d rather have on their team between Seahawks RBs Julius Jones and Justin Forsett, the latter would be the overwhelming winner.

Unfortunately, we don’t make that call. Coach Jim Mora Jr. does. And according to the Seattle Times, Mora will go back to Jones once he’s recovered from lung and rib injuries.

Forsett has been a star for Mora and fantasy owners alike, posting 368 scrimmage yards and four touchdowns in the last three games. He’s also averaging 6.6 yards per touch. Jones, on the other hand, has averaged a mere 4.5 yards.

While Mora said Jones is “expected” to face the 49ers in Week 13, he is making “no guarantees.”

Fantasy owners need to monitor this situation, as the return of Jones makes Forsett much less attractive in standard leagues. One thing appears imminent — this duo is heading down the road of a backfield committee.

Just what owners need with the fantasy postseason around the corner …

(Rotoworld) Despite saying Julius Jones would not lose his starting job due to injury, Seahawks coach Jim Mora added that "we're going to make sure [Forsett] gets touches." Analysis: We still don't know if Jones (ribs, lung) is going to play this week, but Forsett is going to be in a timeshare if he does. "Justin has earned the right to carry the ball, off of what he did at Arizona, and what he did this week," Mora said.

Users who are viewing this thread