What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Houston - big play leagues (1 Viewer)

althepostman

Footballguy
All I can say is try to get him now while he's still relatively cheap. Looking at his schedule he is going to be an absolute MONSTER the next 5 weeks, Dallas, Philly, NYG, TEN, OAK..... Jene has been all over this guy all offseason, just like his Cameron Wake call last year.

I'm starting to think he may have a decent amount of value in standard leagues too, when you can pair him with some reliable tacklers.

in first three weeks...

two 3+ sack games

1 FF

2 FR

most rush LBs are deficient in the tackle category...

16 solos

unsustainable scoring outburst, but in early going, pacing for 80+ solos, 30+ sacks & 5 FFs...

safe to say he is breaking out and headed for a career year...

the scary thing is (for opponents), i think he is only third year player and just 24, and still seems to be ascending and improving...

Last edited by a moderator:
Started him and he repaid me with 34 points,really enjoy watching him play.

He got me 29 pts. Yahoo has him with 3.5 Sacks thought he had 4.5 sacks with that last sack during Vicks las the series of the game?

How was the last sack scored? I only got credit for 3.5 sacks, but the play by play lists 4.5, but the last one is listed as a sack but the play was reversed to a fumble and recovery? Does the sack go away once Vick fumbled and becomes a TFL?

I think they may have changed his first sack, I think Vick was down by contact from a different chiefs player before Houston tagged him.

When it happened live, they originally scored him with 4.5 sacks. Then they did the replay and all of a sudden it dropped to 3.5. They must have scored it that Vick was running and it wasn't a sack. That would be bogus because that was a legit sack, FF. They wouldn't change the first sack, which wasn't much of one IMO, at that time. I think everyone playing with or against Houston should pay close attention to stat corrections this week if your match up is close.

MFL makes stat corrections on Thursday mornings.

I believe it is a setting you have to turn on in MFL to accept the correction in your league. My understanding is that if the stat correction is not made by the Thursday after the game, MFL will still show the correction but you will have to make the change manually.

MFL makes stat corrections on Thursday mornings.

I believe it is a setting you have to turn on in MFL to accept the correction in your league. My understanding is that if the stat correction is not made by the Thursday after the game, MFL will still show the correction but you will have to make the change manually.
Cool thanks for the info.

Peyton Manning 7 TD game

Manning, Peyton DEN QB
vs Ravens Thu 8:30 p.m. ET
DEN 49, BAL 27 -0.020 -2 Rushing + Receiving Yards 0.440 27 Completions 0.000 0 Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) 0.020 2 Rushes 0.400 24 yd Passing TD 0.400 23 yd Passing TD 0.400 28 yd Passing TD 0.400 5 yd Passing TD 0.400 2 yd Passing TD 0.400 26 yd Passing TD 0.600 78 yd Passing TD 0.000 0 Interceptions -0.085 17 Sack Yards Lost -0.150 3 Sacks Against 0.000 -2 Rushing Yards 2.260 462 Passing Yards

5.465 Subtotal

Houston's 4.5 sack game

Houston, Justin KCC LB
at Eagles Thu 8:25 p.m. ET
KCC 26, PHI 16 1.000 2 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0.400 1 Forced Fumbles 0.900 3 Passes Defensed 1.550 4.5 Sacked a QB 0.560 28.0 Sack Yards 0.500 5 QB Hits 0.400 4 Tackles for a Loss 1.200 6 Tackles 0.080 1 Assists

6.590 Subtotal

Is he an lb1 in big play leagues?
probably early favorite to lead league in sacks now,

and his tackle totals are off the charts compared to his peers (guys like aldon smith, von miller, clay matthews... not to mention smith may be looking at suspension, smith already is for another month)...

with the correction, 7.5 sacks in three games...

if he got around 15-16 sacks in next 13 games (no easy feat), that would put him around NFL sack record...

it would seem to be a logical colollary of pass wacky league trend = more sack opps...

not sure there is another LB i would want right now in a big play league, depending on how boosted the scoring is...

probably kuechly, in case houston comes back to earth, but not many others...

I've been high on Houston ever since he stepped into the league.....Own him in all three of my big play big money leagues and he's tearing it up. 45 points in all three leagues for me. Combine this with the fact I also have Kerrigan who has blown it up the last two games. needless to say, My defense on my teams are winning my games for me, and I love it :)

I think they may have changed his first sack, I think Vick was down by contact from a different chiefs player before Houston tagged him.
i thought Derrick Johnson got him on the 1st one but it was more of Vick trippin on his own feet
The first one was originally credited to Hali on the NFL.com play by play, but after a few minutes, it was switched to Houston

Houston was credited with the last sack on MFL now. He had 60 points in my big play league which is the highest scoring game by any player in my league since Osi Umenyiora's 6 sack game in 2007.

Houston was credited with the last sack on MFL now. He had 60 points in my big play league which is the highest scoring game by any player in my league since Osi Umenyiora's 6 sack game in 2007.
Oddly enough, last night my MFL league changed Houston from 3.5 to 4.5 sacks to match up with the NFL.com box score and crediting my team with the points. This morning, I checked and they changed it back to 3.5 and took the credit back. I wonder if this is going to stick or not.

Peyton Manning 7 TD game

Manning, Peyton DEN QB

vs Ravens Thu 8:30 p.m. ET

DEN 49, BAL 27 -0.020 -2 Rushing + Receiving Yards 0.440 27 Completions 0.000 0 Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) 0.020 2 Rushes 0.400 24 yd Passing TD 0.400 23 yd Passing TD 0.400 28 yd Passing TD 0.400 5 yd Passing TD 0.400 2 yd Passing TD 0.400 26 yd Passing TD 0.600 78 yd Passing TD 0.000 0 Interceptions -0.085 17 Sack Yards Lost -0.150 3 Sacks Against 0.000 -2 Rushing Yards 2.260 462 Passing Yards

5.465 Subtotal

Houston's 4.5 sack game

Houston, Justin KCC LB

at Eagles Thu 8:25 p.m. ET

KCC 26, PHI 16 1.000 2 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0.400 1 Forced Fumbles 0.900 3 Passes Defensed 1.550 4.5 Sacked a QB 0.560 28.0 Sack Yards 0.500 5 QB Hits 0.400 4 Tackles for a Loss 1.200 6 Tackles 0.080 1 Assists

6.590 Subtotal
I posted this in the tackles scoring thread in this forum but can anyone see where the 6 tackles and 4 TFL are coming from? I don't see them in the play-by-play (I found 1 Tackle and 1 TFL), unless sacks are also counted as Tackles and TFL.

Houston Gets ANOTHER Rookie Tackle This Week, And One that's Been A Turnstile So Far. Call Me Crazy, but Could See Him With an Even bigger week. Eli Doesn't Have The escapeability Of Vick.

Sounds like Houston might be out this week? He was just cleared to practice yesterday but has yet to be cleared for play. Seems like he won't have enough time to pass the NFL concussion protocols?

Users who are viewing this thread