What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamar Aiken- anything to see here? (1 Viewer)

There must be two threads.

I think it's "shameful" that no NFL team offered a 2nd for him. They should have jumped at the chance.

Excellent second half of last season. (We had numbers in the other thread)

I think it's nice when a young guy steps up for a star WR and does well in spots. Once he's earned the respect of the D, generally they get shut down. They can't handle being "the man" and there's another step in their development that needs to happen. Aiken didn't slow down a bit. How many NFL WRs were good every week? CMon, we know in FF it's not an every week thing-close to it, but there's some "off" weeks.

Check him out http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikeKa00/gamelog/2015/

There were some very good CBs and he didn't blink.

He might not be a #1 Calvin type but he's a starter and ....really think NFL teams were crazy to not jump on him as an RFA

decent floor for his ADP, but ceiling is limited IMHO.

I like him as a solid contributor in deep PPRs, not so much in shallow non ppr...type of league dictates a lot here.

Bri said:
There must be two threads.

I think it's "shameful" that no NFL team offered a 2nd for him. They should have jumped at the chance.

Excellent second half of last season. (We had numbers in the other thread)

I think it's nice when a young guy steps up for a star WR and does well in spots. Once he's earned the respect of the D, generally they get shut down. They can't handle being "the man" and there's another step in their development that needs to happen. Aiken didn't slow down a bit. How many NFL WRs were good every week? CMon, we know in FF it's not an every week thing-close to it, but there's some "off" weeks.

Check him out http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikeKa00/gamelog/2015/

There were some very good CBs and he didn't blink.

He might not be a #1 Calvin type but he's a starter and ....really think NFL teams were crazy to not jump on him as an RFA
I guess but his usage was incredibly high over the last eight games and I don't see it approaching anywhere near 10+ targets/game with both Steve Smith and Breshad Perriman coming back.  He's not even a lock to be a starting WR and that will also be a big problem in a Marc Trestman offense which typically favors the #1 & #2 WRs, passes to the RBs out of the backfield and then the TE before the #3 WR becomes an option.

I guess but his usage was incredibly high over the last eight games and I don't see it approaching anywhere near 10+ targets/game with both Steve Smith and Breshad Perriman coming back.  He's not even a lock to be a starting WR and that will also be a big problem in a Marc Trestman offense which typically favors the #1 & #2 WRs, passes to the RBs out of the backfield and then the TE before the #3 WR becomes an option.
I don't expect big things from slots either.

Where are we at with Perriman and Smith injuries? I was following and then it got cryptic and I lost track. Is Aiken a starter week one? Or are they both back?

The Indianapolis Star's Stephen Holder says he hasn't "seen much of anything" promising from Kamar Aiken early at Colts camp.

Aiken was promised by GM Chris Ballard a chance to compete for the No. 3 receiver job, but he apparently hasn't been earning it. Second-year UDFA Chester Rogers appears to be the favorite, though Aiken and former first-rounder Phillip Dorsett should also be in the mix once preseason games kick off. Aiken had a strong 2015 but wasn't utilized on offense with the Ravens last year.

Source: Stephen Holder on Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread