What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kareem Huggins (1 Viewer)

I already dropped Huggey and boarded the Keiland train.
Same here. I only have room for one of these "speculative" RBs on my roster and I've decided that as of now Kieland has a better chance of blowing up than Huggy-bear what with the news of LJ's departure. But I'm going to keep an eye on the little guy just in case... :thumbup:

If Caddy was injured, what do you all think about Blount's chances relative to Huggins? He seems like the best shot at a complete back on the roster.

I cut him ...........

TB can't run the ball. He is the back up, to the back up, and not shown anything as of yet.

LONG ....LONG .... reach at this point.

MFM

Where does this train stand in a dynasty setting?
The hype for him was out of control in the first place. Just like it's currently out of control for Blount. I'd hold him just awhile longer.He's been hurt and it could be that his injury allowed Blount to pass him on the depth chart but that's not known for certain. I'd hold him for the game after the bye. If he's not healthy at that point or it appears obvious he's taking a back seat to Blount I'd let him go.

Sadly, this is over
Not really sure how anything definitive like that can be said at this point. Huggins was the most explosive back in TB during the preseason. He then suffered a groin injury and hasn't played yet. I can see cutting him with shallow benches. However, until he gets his chance on the field he remains a solid sleeper.

Sadly, this is over
Not really sure how anything definitive like that can be said at this point. Huggins was the most explosive back in TB during the preseason. He then suffered a groin injury and hasn't played yet. I can see cutting him with shallow benches. However, until he gets his chance on the field he remains a solid sleeper.
I agree. All hype aside, the one thing TB has shown is that they are throwing everyone in the mix to try and find consistent success in the running game. Blount looks the most probable at this point, and I don't blame anyone for dumping Huggins. I have a deep bench, and if it is true that the team is going to start decreasing Caddy's role, then I'm willing to waith until Huggins is fully healthy.Not saying that Huggins is a lock -- he'll have to prove himself in real games, but the reason there was so much hype around him in the first place is that he was the most dynamic and exciting back in preseason, and Morris seemed to heap the most praise on him out of all the backs in his stable.Seems like an explosive playmaker is exactly what Morris is trying to find in his running game, and I'm willing to burn that roster spot on Huggins until at least he plays healthy in a game.

I can't believe I bought into the hype so hard that I took this guy in the 12th round.. the round that we select a player to keep for 4 years... and passed on talent like Demaryius Thomas.

I really thought Kareem Huggins was going to be the next Terrell Davis.

Now i'm just bummed.

:confused:
Bucs RB Kareem Huggins' expanded role going forward is expected to consist of primarily passing-down work.Huggins is healthy after battling a groin injury in the first few weeks. This backfield suddenly has the look of a three-headed monster. LeGarrette Blount will work on early downs and in short-yardage situations, while Cadillac Williams will start games and mix in during all phases. The demotion is deserved, but Williams loses a ton of scoring and reception potential.

Sure would be nice to know what % of touches each player is going to get. Another RBBC setting up until someone can separate.

Through the first quarter of the 2010 NFL season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are ranked No. 20 in rushing offense. If you add in the fact that the Bucs have only played three games while most of the NFL has played four, then you might not think that is a bad ranking.However, things are not always what they appear. Starting running back Cadillac Williams has just 139 yards thus far and is averaging a mere 2.5 yards per carry. Fullback Earnest Graham has just 24 yards on 11 carries (2.2 avg.) and has coughed it up once. Things have been so bad in the backfield that quarterback Josh Freeman appears to be the team’s best weapon in the ground game with 92 yards on 12 carries (7.7 avg.)

During their early bye week the Bucs’ coaching staff tried to rectify the problems with their rushing offense and it starts with getting second-year pro Kareem Huggins healthy and rookie LeGarrette Blount caught up with the playbook.

“Hopefully we get Kareem back this week off the injury bug and LeGarrette has earned the right to have a helmet on at least so that will definitely be a part of the talks this week,” said head coach Raheem Morris. “So we will be fired up to see these guys play. We will be fired up to get them their touches and runs and these guys are forming their roles so to speak.”

While Blount saw his first NFL action and gained 27 yards and one touchdown in Week 3 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Huggins has been out dealing with injuries. After leading the Bucs in rushing during the preseason with 134 yards on 25 carries (5.4 avg.), Huggins has been inactive the past two games with a groin injury. He saw some action in Week 1 against the Browns, but did not receive a single carry. Offensive coordinator Greg Olson says the Huggins will be used to help keep Williams fresh during games.

“He’s a great change-of-pace back for us,” said Olson. “He’s got great speed – legitimate speed – I think we all witnessed that in preseason, but it will be nice to have him back and get a chance to see what he can do because we have not got the chance to see it in a regular season game… He’ll be able spell Cadillac and give Cadillac that rest that we think he needs.”

While he is anxious to see some of the electric ability that Huggins possesses and the bruising power of Blount, Morris does not want to force those players into any situations. He wants to see what they can do during the course of the game as things unfold.

We know Kareem showed some dynamic speed that we'd like to see come alive in the season for us that we have not seen yet, which is going to be fun, but we will put those guys out there and let them go,” said Morris. “You don’t want to dictate what they are going to do. Let the game come to those guys.”

Right now, Williams is averaging 18.3 carries per contest. Olson knows that his 28-year-old halfback cannot keep getting that many touches and expect to hold up over a full season. During the bye week, Olson and his staff worked on getting Huggins and Blount up to speed with everything so that they can be ready to help take some of the pressure off Williams during crucial moments.

“Particularly in our case where we have Cadillac Williams who had two major knee surgeries, rehabbed, and has done a tremendous job of coming back as a player, but at this point in his career he is a guy that needs the rest,” said Olson. “I think the younger the player, the easier it is to hand them the ball on a carry. Obviously, there is a tremendous amount of trust in Cadillac to get lined up correctly, to know the blitz checks, to know his protection assignment, and so there is some trust factor there as well that Kareem and LeGarrette are earning with us right now. So, we need to get Cadillac a rest and make sure he is fresh when he is in the game.”

Now that Morris has three capable running backs in Williams, Huggins, and Blount, he has to find a way to distribute the ball amongst his backs. One thing what Morris will not be doing is using the 2-2-1 rotation that he started the season with last year for Williams, former running back Derrick Ward, and Graham.

“We dictate the game on what we want to do with our openers then usually somebody steps out the box and becomes the hot guy and we’ll just have to see what is going on with the game, and tempo, and pace of what we want to do,” said Morris. “And who knows, we are still young. Those are still two young players we are talking about in LeGarrette Blount and Kareem Huggins. Neither one of them have played in a full-time aspect for us in game. It’s two young players in two different roles and they are just trying to help their team win.”

Sigmund Bloom likes Kareem in this week's 2nd opinion (PPR).

:shrug:

Again, not hoping for Top 5 guy here or anything, but I think we will see some touches from Huggins this week.

Really don't know what to make of this -- Blount looked good when given a little playing time. I'm eager to see Huggins and if his speed translates well in a real game. If Huggins can show he's not a flukey pre-season darling I think he could be the guy in ppr leagues, but Blount looks like the short TD guy... gonna be interesting. Caddy should be phased out by these two in the coming weeks, he just looks like he is done, which is unfortunate because he's such a competitor.

Keep in mind that Huggins missed most of the early season games with a groin injury. I think with Caddy not producing and Blount more fitted to be a goal line back (that or maybe a lineman), the door is wide open for Huggins to snatch up carries.

BUY LOW

Really don't know what to make of this -- Blount looked good when given a little playing time. I'm eager to see Huggins and if his speed translates well in a real game. If Huggins can show he's not a flukey pre-season darling I think he could be the guy in ppr leagues, but Blount looks like the short TD guy... gonna be interesting. Caddy should be phased out by these two in the coming weeks, he just looks like he is done, which is unfortunate because he's such a competitor.
You think Blount looked good?
LeGarrette Blount-RB- Buccaneers Oct. 10 - 7:20 pm et

Bucs RB LeGarrette Blount received four carries and ran for just three yards in a Week 5 win over the Bengals.

The rookie disappointed speculative owners who snatched him up after an encouraging Week 3 performance against the Steelers. Cadillac Williams is still the top dog in the Tampa Bay backfield, and FB Earnest Graham scored a 1-yard TD on the Bucs' lone goal-line carry. Blount amounts to little more than a roster stash until Cadillac's wheels fall off.

Bucs RB LeGarrette Blount received four carries and ran for just three yards in a Week 5 win over the Bengals.

The rookie disappointed speculative owners who snatched him up after an encouraging Week 3 performance against the Steelers. Cadillac Williams is still the top dog in the Tampa Bay backfield, and FB Earnest Graham scored a 1-yard TD on the Bucs' lone goal-line carry. Blount amounts to little more than a roster stash until Cadillac's wheels fall off.
Blount looked great against Pittsburgh and besides his run for -4 yds again Cincy, his 3 for 7 yds looked fine for what little room he was given.

Against Pitt, yes (which is when my post was written). Did you think he looked bad against Pitt?

Against Pitt, yes (which is when my post was written). Did you think he looked bad against Pitt?
I didn't see him play against Pitt but just by looking at his stats, he did seem to have a decent game. However, weren't most of his carries in trash time when TB was really down?

eoMMan said:
I didn't see him play against Pitt but just by looking at his stats, he did seem to have a decent game. However, weren't most of his carries in trash time when TB was really down?
They came in the Q1:
2nd-10, TB32 5:42 L. Blount rushed to the right for 12 yard gain

1st-10, TB44 4:55 J. Freeman passed to C. Williams down the middle for 11 yard gain

1st-10, PIT45 4:14 L. Blount rushed to the right for 4 yard gain

2nd-6, PIT41 3:35 L. Blount rushed to the left for 2 yard gain

3rd-4, PIT39 2:50 J. Freeman rushed to the left for 11 yard gain

1st-10, PIT28 2:09 J. Freeman incomplete pass to the left

2nd-10, PIT28 2:00 L. Blount rushed to the right for 8 yard gain

Last edited by a moderator:
Caddilac: Good pass blocker, pass catcher. Terrible runner.

Graham: Pulled Hammy

Huggins: Out for Year

Seems like Blount's role could be slowly increasing.

Caddilac: Good pass blocker, pass catcher. Terrible runner. Graham: Pulled HammyHuggins: Out for YearSeems like Blount's role could be slowly increasing.
cadillac looked good catching the ball. he might be a better 3rd down back for the buccs. if blount looks even remotely capable and effective on the ground then they might have a ground game at last.

I'd really like to cut Blount loose, but I guess the injury news buys him 1 more week. If he doesn't get significant carries now, he never will.

I'd really like to cut Blount loose, but I guess the injury news buys him 1 more week. If he doesn't get significant carries now, he never will.
i'm not entirely sure. once the buccs fall completely out of the playoff hunt then they will be evaluating the talent on their roster. blount should get an opportunity to audition for a place with the team going forward.

Huggins out with an acl? WoW, wish I hadn't dropped Blount now. I have been picking loser all year off the WW.

I think Blount is going to be pretty involved next week. Caddy didn't help his case by blaming the game on the coaching... Although, Olsen said not to blame Caddy so he's probably still the guy. A player bashing the staff this early in the season probably isn't going to make the coaches call your number if they ever see the GL again... Hello EG!

I agree with the OC though that it's not Caddy. There may be guys out there that can make more out of nothing but that is exactly what he is working with... NOTHING! No holes & and a predictable offense.

*ETA* The Bucs REALLY REALLY miss starting C Jeff Faine. :lmao:

is this guy still worth a stash in a deep dynasty (IR spot) league? any scenario where he comes out of next years offseason as the starter?

He's now the caboose to Blounts engine...
This was my favorite thread of 2010. :shark:
His hype was unbelievable....it was DJ Hackett esqe.
Had he not got hurt, he would be putting up Blount type numbers, except he would be getting receiving yards too. Plus, instead of 40 yard runs, they would have been 70 yard TD runs.

This was my favorite thread of 2010. :)
Had he not got hurt, he would be putting up Blount type numbers, except he would be getting receiving yards too. Plus, instead of 40 yard runs, they would have been 70 yard TD runs.
kind of :goodposting:I for one can honestly say that this thread won me my league. Had I not had Huggins, I wouldn't have paid attention to the TB running game and gotten Blount. We all knew somebody would emerge there, it just happened to be that Huggins got IR'd so it turned out not to be him. He could be the Bradshaw circa 2009 to Blount's Brandon Jacobs circa 2007. 60/40 or even a 50/50 timeshare possible, IMO

This was my favorite thread of 2010. :goodposting:
Cadillac had the receivng yds for RBs pretty well locked up. He picks up the blitz well too in pp.

Users who are viewing this thread